What's new

US Deploys F-22's to base near Iran

What US typically discloses in the press regarding sensitive matters is very limited in details.

Here are some hints for you:

HINT 1: “It has great capability now and we are continuing to make it better. It is part of our arsenal and it will be a potential if we need it in that kind of scenario,” said Lt. Gen. Carlisle at a US defense conference on Thursday.

HINT 2: The weapon, known as “the massive ordnance penetrator”, is capable of smashing through 65 meters of reinforced concrete before detonating its target.

Do not assume that they are telling you guys everything and that too in magazines.

Again, I've spent time on this, you haven't and you're refusing to take a time out to educate yourself.

"reinforced concrete" is regular concrete with metal bars running through it. A mop can go through 60 meters and more of that with ease.

But it can only go 8 meters into concrete that is just twice as strong.

UHPC concrete is many times stronger than regular reinforced concrete so even the 8 meters figure is very unlikely.

FORDO is under 10 meters of UHPC concrete and inside of a mountain. There are also 20 MOPS to go around in total for all of Iran. You do the math.

It has to. Otherwise, it will be repeating the mistakes of Saddam.

You need to recheck your own sources;

Deep bunkers can be tackled in other ways. The DTRA has looked at what is known in the jargon as functional defeat, in other words bombing their entrances shut or destroying their electrical systems with electromagnetic pulses. They are also working on active penetrators—bombs which can tunnel through hundreds of metres of earth, rock and concrete. Development work is also under way on esoteric devices such as robot snakes, carrying warheads, which can infiltrate via air ducts and cable runs.

This is what I have been talking about for several months here.

Also, much of the information regarding MOP is classified. You cannot expect such details to be revealed in magazines and press. I have already hinted upon this:

"bombing their entrances shut or destroying their electrical systems with electromagnetic pulses"

this is laughable. I didn't think people took this stuff srsly.

Again, I've spent time on this, you haven't and you're refusing to take a time out to educate yourself.
My point is that much of the information regarding MOP is classified and MOP is being improved with passage of time.

Also, it is extremely stupid to assume that MOP is the only solution devised by US for Iranian targets. We do not know that what else has been developed and is not being revealed.

An insider hint: US have used some extremely powerful 'unknown' bombs in Iraq in 1991 to destroy some important Iraqi underground facilities. Very little in this regard has been disclosed in the press. People have been left guessing.

"reinforced concrete" is regular concrete with metal bars running through it. A mop can go through 60 meters and more of that with ease.
This is your concept of reinforced concrete?

I wonder what Lt. Gen. Carlisle assumes about reinforced concrete. Notice the uncertainty?

It is therefore anyone’s guess (at least, anyone without access to classified information) how the MOP might perform against one of Iran’s ultra-strong concretes.

But it can only go 8 meters into concrete that is just twice as strong.

UHPC concrete is many times stronger than regular reinforced concrete so even the 8 meters figure is very unlikely.
And we have this hint:

“It has great capability now and we are continuing to make it better. It is part of our arsenal and it will be a potential if we need it in that kind of scenario,” said Lt. Gen. Carlisle at a US defense conference on Thursday.

FORDO is under 10 meters of UHPC concrete and inside of a mountain.
Here is an explanation of how such targets are approached;

1. Earth Penetrating Radar systems are used to scan the mountains for locating the entrances of underground facilities.

2. Once an entrance is identified. Very powerful guided bombs are send right in to them.

US have tested this approach in Tora Bora region in Afghanistan.

Get the picture?

There are also 20 MOPS to go around in total for all of Iran. You do the math.
And stockpiles of many other undisclosed and unknown bombs of similar nature. Now you do the math.

"bombing their entrances shut or destroying their electrical systems with electromagnetic pulses"

this is laughable. I didn't think people took this stuff srsly.
This is laughable for you. However, nothing is laughable in the field of science and technology.

F-22 has 0.001 RCS m2, which means you see it with your bare eyes before it appears on radar. The only feasible detection system capable of detecting it from a relatively considerable range (60km) is OLS:
Not if the F-22 is from the rear quadrant.

Americans are hell bent on destroying the world.
Nonsense. If that is true, we would have done it when the Soviets collapsed.

One deployment by the USA and people are sweating, all the bravado's run out I guess, that's power projection :tup:

Nonsense. If that is true, we would have done it when the Soviets collapsed.
Problem is that the appetite of US for testing new weapons and concepts in battlefield is insatiable. Wars serve as the best testing grounds for these purposes.

US have fought highest number of wars then any country in comparison. Sounds like war-centric economy to me.

Your words hold no weight, defector.
:lol:

The All mighty ... beast of kandhar ....comes to mind ;)
now its the fried chicken of tehran

Problem is that the appetite of US for testing new weapons and concepts in battlefield is insatiable. Wars serve as the best testing grounds.
Where else can anyone best test their weapons? The Soviets had the Chinese did it for theirs.

US have fought highest number of wars then any country in comparison. Sounds like war-centric economy to me.
Utter nonsense. No economy is military centric, at least not for the capitalist West. Our economy is based upon manufacturing, inventions, innovations, service, all the things alien to most.

Would be funny if Iran will capture F-22 next :lol:
Unrealistic assumption.

When an F15 was downed in Libya, US forces approached the scene to rescue the pilots and exterminate its wreakage. Their are many more similar examples.

Drone losses are not so important to US.

Utter nonsense. No economy is military centric, at least not for the capitalist West. Our economy is based upon manufacturing, inventions, innovations, service, all the things alien to most.
Hint: US military industry ;)

Back
Top Bottom