What's new

US debt hits 14 trillon.Dollars

What If China Collected on U.S. Debt?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have preferred if China and US worked together to create a re-balance of world power and maybe a better future. With the way mankind is going I doubt we can sustain much longer with our model of growth (i.e consume, fossil fuels, pollution etc). Any world that one takes over will be an empty shell at the end of the day.

I prefer both China and US losing as long as US loses far more. We can recover faster due to our manufacturing base (and it has always been that manufacturing drives innovation, NEVER any other way) and then China will become unthreatened by any single major power.

The country may default in weeks if senate does not raise the borrowing limit.
In a few weeks time USA the world's largest economy may not be able to pay back her debts. The news will lower USA credit ratings and Dollar may slide further down.

Isnt it about time America calls her troops bavk home and stop her global military expeditions? The economy is too fragile to bear the costs.

As long as China is paying our bills, we don't have to bring our troops from anywhere.

I prefer both China and US losing as long as US loses far more. We can recover faster due to our manufacturing base (and it has always been that manufacturing drives innovation, NEVER any other way) and then China will become unthreatened by any single major power.

Yet, we keep innovating in nanotechnology, keep shrinking microprocessors, have the best weapons, are the leaders in aviation et. al.
Everywhere you look USA innovates and the rest of the world copies. Manufacturing doesn't drive innovation, free will and rational thoughts drive innovation. The sooner you guys realize that the sooner you will have to give more freedom to your citizens, or you will go into the annals of history as another failed state.

As long as China is paying our bills, we don't have to bring our troops from anywhere.

Then you know who is your boss. Dont upset them with your blablabla or they might just put you in your place

Hmm... All Americans I've noticed in this forum have a very cocky and arrogant attitude in their posts. So different from the Americans I've met in real life.

Pakistani members here would agree with me.

Then you know who is your boss. Dont upset them with your blablabla or they might just put you in your place

We upset China everyday. Nothin' they can do 'bout it. They are entangled with us.

Yet, we keep innovating in nanotechnology, keep shrinking microprocessors, have the best weapons, are the leaders in aviation et. al.
Everywhere you look USA innovates and the rest of the world copies. Manufacturing doesn't drive innovation, free will and rational thoughts drive innovation. The sooner you guys realize that the sooner you will have to give more freedom to your citizens, or you will go into the annals of history as another failed state.

We're not the ones with a 14 trillion dollar national debt buddy. ;)

We're the ones who are lending you money, so you can service that debt.

The status quo strongly favours China. All we really need to do is wait, while the money pours in.

We're not the ones with a 14 trillion dollar national debt buddy. ;)

We're the ones who are lending you money, so you can service that debt.

The status quo strongly favours China. All we really need to do is wait, while the money pours in.

The money you're holding will go down in value soon if you don't appreciate your currency. If you think the status quo favours you, more power to you. :cheesy:

We love bringing in things cheap as long as we can from chinese shores.

We upset China everyday. Nothin' they can do 'bout it. They are entangled with us.

They are playing with you like a father with a child, when the time is right they will spank your bottom.... just be patient

Sort of like when the American government refused to label China as a currency manipulator? :P

Your own government is helping us, against your own wishes.

No, sort of something like this:

China, the largest foreign holder of United States Treasuries, bought more federal bonds in April for the first time since October despite concerns over the US debt level.

China's purchases of US debt rose $7.6 billion to $1.15 trillion - the first month-on-month increase since its holdings reached $1.18 trillion in October, according to the Treasury International Capital report, known as TIC. China boosted its holdings after selling most of its bonds for five straight months.

Overall, foreign nations were net buyers of US long-term securities, with purchases rising by $30.6 billion in April.

Japan remained the second-largest foreign buyer of US debt, holding $906.9 billion at the end of April, down $1.0 billion from March.

China ups holdings of US debt in April

See? Like I said, nothin' you can do 'bout it.

Back
Top Bottom