What's new

US Army unveils new unmanned aircraft - the Gray Eagle

indian_foxhound

Reaction score

grey-eagle-uav.jpg

At 3,600 pounds the
ability to fly up to 172 miles per hour, the Gray
Eagle is one of the U.S. Army's newest and most
advanced high-tech tools patrolling the sky. The new, larger unmanned aerial vehicle was recognized at Fort Hood for reaching a milestone
after the 21st Cavalry Brigade Air Combat unit
achieved the 100-hour mark of training. On Wednesday, Spec. Jacob Presnell performed a
training exercise in restricted airspace at Fort Hood. However, the Army says it really soars
when deployed over war zones. "I think it provides more capability to the soldiers
on the ground," Col. Neil Hersey said. It gives
them better awareness of the battlefield and
informs commanders so they can take wise
decisions on whether to take action or not to
take action on something."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/367465/28/Army-unveils-new-unmanned-aircraft

Last edited by a moderator:
General characteristics
*Crew: 0 Length: 28 ft (8 m)
*Wingspan: 56 ft (17 m)
*Height: 6.9 ft (2.1 m)
*Max. takeoff weight :3,600 lbs (1,633 kg)
*Powerplant: 1 × Thielert Centurion 1.7 Heavy-Fuel Engine, 165 HP ()
Performance
*Maximum speed: 150 knots (170 mph; 280 km/h)
*Endurance: 30 hours
*Service ceiling: 29,000 ft (8,840 m)
Armament
*Hardpoints:4
*Missiles: 4 × AGM-114 Hellfire or 8 × AIM-92 Stinger
*Bombs: 4 × GBU-44/B Viper Strike
*Avionics: AN/ZPY-1 STARLite Radar

I know about this one this is extended range multi purpose or ERMP it uses the same gcs(ground control station) as the Shadow uav that i use to fly

this is kick @55

Its good they scrapped warrior ALpha too many problems and headaches

I wish we could have some thing this too. Anyway good going Americans.

lol) funny. friend))

images

crashed_drone.jpg

drone-crash-1.jpg

this is your unit (apparatus)? ahaha)) :D

u think taliban shot downed that uav,,,, lol wake up mate.. is it possible to hit uav with ak 47,,,, now taliban cant use anti aircraft openly.... i think bcz of system pbm it crashed

taliban will sh.it in their pants..:yahoo:

well thats not happening..............hope some one else don't start pissing in there pants once nato is out of afgan!!!

u think taliban shot downed that uav,,,, lol wake up mate.. is it possible to hit uav with ak 47,,,, now taliban cant use anti aircraft openly.... i think bcz of system pbm it crashed

agreed they might not have shot it down but to bring down such a system we dont need a big platform, it can be done by other portable devices...if there is any one u need to thank...... thank pak govt for not arming them with this system.

well thats not happening..............hope some one else don't start pissing in there pants once nato is out of afgan!!!

agreed they might not have shot it down but to bring down such a system we dont need a big platform, it can be done by other portable devices...if there is any one u need to thank...... thank pak govt for not arming them with this system.

dude i dnt knw abt future,,,,

dude these drone attacks supported by pak army,,,, without pak army permission hw can US drone will enter pak airspace... drones r not stealthy also,, u agree or not truth is truth

Notice all the Indians soooo happy about a weapon created by their master :lol:

mate u said it just to get like from pak members :pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom