What's new

US Army building first next-gen Block III Apache helicopter

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
US Army building first next-gen Block III Apache helicopter

ARLINGTON (BNS): Construction on the first fuselage of the next-generation AH-64 Block III Apache helicopter has begun by US Army.

The new attack helicopter will be built with a stronger engine, improved avionics, better computer networking capability and increased maneuverability when compared with current models, service officials said.

“The first Block III aircraft is being built at a Boeing facility in Mesa, Arizona, will roll off the production line this fall,” Lt. Col. Dan Bailey, product manager for the programme said.

The first two aircraft will be used for developmental purposes, and the next five after that will be used to train the first unit equipped, he said.

The Apache Block III aircraft will begin to be fielded with units by the end of 2012, Bailey said.

Overall, the Army plans to acquire 690 Block III Apaches between now and 2026 at a production rate of roughly two battalions per year, beginning in FY 2013. Of this amount, 643 will be re-manufactured aircraft and 56 will be "new builds," Bailey explained.

As part of its preparation of the Block III Apache, the programme completed a "logistics demonstration" in March designed to show that the aircraft will be maintainable once fielded. The demonstration checked on the avionics, wiring, gear boxes, cockpit seat and electronics, among other things.

The Block III Apache features a 701D engine, composite rotor blades, improved networking and communications avionics, and an Improved Drive System of the 21st Century -- known as IDS-21 -- Face Gear Transmission.

US Army building first next-gen Block III Apache helicopter - Brahmand.com

If you got the money yes if not contrys shouldn't run to uncal Sam for tech then snicker behind his back with cousin Wen

If you got the money yes if not contrys shouldn't run to uncal Sam for tech then snicker behind his back with cousin Wen

:rofl:

no thanks I like Wen better, Uncle Sam can jog on...
Keep the money and the apache.

WZ-10 ftw...

regards,
Jungibaaz

Lol your f 16's are chep trash we give you so we can bomb your contry side :D

first of all... Cheap*

and yes F-16 block 52s are cheap crap that Israel still uses, battle proven machines.
and we bought those F-16s, I suggest doing some research before brainfarting!

and I for one am disgusted at your comment (in bold).... Innocents die in those strikes and you like to make a joke of it.
Shame on you...

I see i hit a note. Shame on you leeches you want the terrorists in warzerastan (sp?) so you can continue to get aid so we pay attention to you a little long. Pk has no future with the us. India will be the us'S new bed buddy seeing pk is siding with china

I see i hit a note. Shame on you leeches you want the terrorists in warzerastan (sp?) so you can continue to get aid so we pay attention to you a little long. Pk has no future with the us. India will be the us'S new bed buddy seeing pk is siding with china
We were dragged into your war, we payed dearly for it, if you end up killing civilians in Waziristan, who's cause will it help? All it will do is stir up more hatred for you...

and please cut all aid to Pakistan, all loans... everything and include us out of the 'war of terror'.
Pakistan didn't need the US before the WOT.

India will have better relations with the US, but they will learn their lesson too....never trust uncle sam.

If we needed to get out we would rip threw and your souther neighbors would join the party as well

LOL.... a couple thousand talibs, rag tag fighters, un-trained, poorly equipped... and yet 10 years in they are still fighting.
You needed us, ammo routes, strategic partner and for us to fight with you in our own land.

if the US tries anything against Pakistan... you can expect Afghanistan to become hell for the US, a Vietnam like hell for the US. No supplies through Pakistan and Pakistan backing of the talibs.

first take care of some rag tag talibs by yourselves before stepping up to others.

Mighty US bringing democracy to the world.
Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Serbia, Afghanistan < not the strongest of nations...

I trust Pakistan with the world's 7th largest armed forces would prove too difficult for you.

We were dragged into your war, we payed dearly for it, if you end up killing civilians in Waziristan, who's cause will it help? All it will do is stir up more hatred for you...

and please cut all aid to Pakistan, all loans... everything and include us out of the 'war of terror'.
Pakistan didn't need the US before the WOT.

India will have better relations with the US, but they will learn their lesson too....never trust uncle sam.

THANK YOU !!!! we Indians love to learn from our neighbors mistakes :P US -INDIA relation is based on mutual coordination and it's a two way traffic unlike Pakistan. :angel:

THANK YOU !!!! we Indians love to learn from our neighbors mistakes :P US -INDIA relation is based on mutual coordination and it's a two traffic unlike Pakistan. :angel:

:cheers:

yes in Pakistan's case.... Soveit invasion of A'stan.... Pakistan became the front line and recieved alot of support from the US, as soon as the soviets are gone, we had a lost decade, sanctions and arms restrictions.

2004, the US needs Pakistan for the WOT, again we are used and abused. As soon as the US leaves A'stan we will be forgotten again, i can guarantee that

good riddance, :cheers:

and how much americans are dieing in afghanistan, we also laugh when talibans kill you like pigs and dogs..

one american killed in afghanistan is equal to one boar hunted down

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom