What's new

Update on Activism to expel Afghan Refugees from Pakistan

well, being a Pakistani i wont support this act,
Govt of Islamic republic of Pakistan must ..
take Oath of loyalty to Pakistan from them, and give nationality to those who born in Pakistan.
Atleast give PR to those who have been there from years now.

well, being a Pakistani i wont support this act,
Govt of Islamic republic of Pakistan must ..
take Oath of loyalty to Pakistan from them, and give nationality to those who born in Pakistan.
Atleast give PR to those who have been there from years now.

My dear, you administer an oath of loyalty to people who are loyal to you - not to a people who are hell bent on your destruction.

I wonder how many other countries would give 3 million Pakistanis citizenship had they just been there for several years ? May KSA? UAE? Australia?

Why are different standards asked of the Pakistani people?

The refugees don't hate Pakistan, if they did, they'd go to Iran instead.

Seriously how many Afghans have your worked with interacted with with? Have you read the polls? Oh and have you ever seen them wave Indian flags when Pakistan/India play cricket - such love they have for Pakistanis.

Go to Iran? Iran limits their movement, refuses them access to jobs, hospitals, schools, universities ? Seriously are you just pulling your remarks out of your cuffs or have you done any background research? Go to Iran - laughable ????

The thing is that while Afghans have brought a massive Kalashnikov culture to Pakistan, sending them back to a war torn nation is inhumane.

Well perhaps Canada or Saudi Arabia or Australia can settle them - why is it that Pakistan gets stuck with them?

Countries like Australia and Denmark are not admitting even the highest risk Afghan refugees these days - people who have helped the ISAF presence, how is it that when Pakistan sends them back it is inhumane - or is it that us poor Pakistanis are held to a different standard.

If it were the other way around, would you tolerate the Afghans kicking out Pakistanis? I think not.

I think **yes** my dear - again sorry to burst your bubble but Pakistanis get deported every day from all over the world for not following the immigration law of the host nations - if that is not xenophobic how is it when we ask that Pakistani immigration law be followed?!?

A little more on " If it were the other way around" - there are between 10,000 and 50,000 Pakistanis in Afghanistan. There are 1,000 Pakistanis who are incarcerated in Afghanistan, and most of them on visa related issues - get this: 1 in 10 or 1 in 50 Pakistanis in Afghanistan is in the slammer because they overstayed their visa ??? while we have 3 million of their citizens in our country.

The only Afghans that hate Pakistan are the ones that live in Kabul and the northern regions, not to mention the Tajiki dominated ANA-ANP.

Sorry to burst your bubble but All afghans hate Pakistan, the misogynist mullah, the Tajik, the Hazara, the old, the young, all of them. I would encourage you to read Mullah Zaeef's grand opus from which I'll quote for your reading pleasure:

... they [Pakistanis that is] can get milk from a bull. They have two tongues in one mouth, and two faces on one head so they can speak everybody's language; they use everybody, deceive everybody ...

You do know that Karzai and many of his inner circle spent roughly two decades in Pakistan - not much love lost there I assure your for Pakistanis.

What you're purposing is inherently xenophobic and should be condemned. You should not be proud of what you're trying to accomplish, because it's nothing to be proud of.

Yeah it is xenophobic because a Pakistanis is proposing that:
1. Pakistan's limited resources go to Pakistani citizens first
2. That Pakistani's immigration law be followed
3. That some measure of reciprocity between Afghans and Pakistanis be restored

yes very Xenophobic - I guess Pakistanis lot in lift is just to suffer.

I say no thanks you!

Let's just do what every other self respecting state would do:

1. Pakistan should expel all 3 million Afghans refugees from Pakistan – there is no need to host a people who are ungrateful and hostile to Pakistanis
2. The resources Afghans consume in Pakistan: schools, hospitals, universities should go to Pakistanis – no point in giving these to a people, Afghans, who hate us Pakistanis
3. Pakistan should not provide transit trade to Afghans – it will reduce drugs and guns in Pakistan.
4. List item

Afghans out of Pakistan! Good bye and good luck! Please prosper on the other side of the Durand Line! #AfghansOutOfPak - support us on twitter https://twitter.com/pakistani342

Misguided and Mean spirited - Afghan can never be strangers in Pakistan, they are our own and one day all Pakistan will see the truth of this - Pakistan is a good country, it may not seem so, bu the people of Pakistan are a good peoples and they will not allow this

An unusual quest for asylum in Afghanistan

While millions of Afghans seek to leave their native country, the world’s unluckiest refugees might be the ones moving in the opposite direction

By Kevin Sieff
Published: 21:30 April 25, 2013

While millions of Afghans seek asylum outside their native country, the world’s unluckiest refugees might be the ones moving in the opposite direction — with no choice but to flee their homes for war-torn Afghanistan.

One of them is Abdul Hamid, who escaped Iraq after the United States-led invasion there, with no idea he would eventually land in another American war zone, part of a small community of refugees on an unlikely quest for Afghan citizenship. There are now about 70 men and women like him here — dissidents, victims of religious persecution and political refugees from disparate parts of the world. Their arrival has prompted raised eyebrows, and sometimes laughter.

“‘You’re seeking refuge here?’ people ask me,” Hamid said. “‘Are you crazy?’”

The government, unaccustomed to dealing with refugees, placed some of them in a transitional public guesthouse in Kabul where the other residents are Afghans who had fled to Europe but were deported. Now, the men seeking to escape Afghanistan live among the ones trying desperately to stay. Given its proximity to historically troubled nations and a slew of oppressed minority groups, Afghanistan has long been considered by refugees a convenient place to seek temporary refuge.

Pakistanis and Iranians did so for years. During Tajikistan’s civil war, 90,000 Tajiks poured into northern Afghanistan. But almost without fail, those refugees left. The situation improved in their native countries, and it worsened here. The 70 people who remain are among the world’s unluckiest asylum seekers, out of other options.

Among them are Iranian Christians, Kashmiri independence fighters, Chinese Muslims and former Tajik rebels. Most never expect to return home, but they have not been granted permission to stay in Afghanistan. Some have been given temporary housing in the austere dormitory run by the Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation. Others rent apartments in Kabul, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, donning Afghan clothes and trying their best to blend in.
Pictures

Back in Iraq’s Kurdistan region, Hamid was one of Saddam Hussain’s few supporters. A public-school teacher, he saw the regime as a source of stability, despite its flaws. At least he had a job under Saddam, he thought. But the US-led invasion meant that his old alliances would be held against him. Members of his family had already been killed, and in 2005, joining 42,000 other Iraqis, he left for Iran.

As a Sunni, Hamid found himself shuttled between Iranian refugee camps and prisons for about five years. He decided again that he had to flee, but he had no passport or identification card. A smuggler offered to take him to Afghanistan. Out of desperation, he said yes.

Most of the other refugees come from troubled parts of Central or South Asia, but their stories have the same arc. Afghanistan never felt like a good option, but a fate they were driven towards by a storm of bad luck. There is Hamid’s roommate, Amir Hamiza Khalikovich, who fled his native Tajikistan as a young activist, after Imamali Rakhmonov came to power.

Khalikovich had fought against Rakhmonov in the country’s civil war in the early 1990s, and the Tajik president was quick to target his former enemies after assuming control. “There was no choice but to leave, and nowhere else to go but Afghanistan,” he said.

He and his young family sneaked across the Panj River and into northern Afghanistan, the quickest and safest escape route. Like almost all of those who seek refuge in Afghanistan, Khalikovich did not intend to stay. Twenty-one years later, he has never left, fearing persecution should he return home.

Makhferat Tofan and her two daughters, Rokhshana and Zarina, made the same journey from Tajikistan. They endured Afghanistan’s brutal civil war and the Taliban’s reign because a return to their homeland seemed even more dangerous. “Now I wish they had killed me so I didn’t have to see the things I saw,” Makhferat said.

The asylum seekers consider themselves a sad exception, in search of refugee status in a country where no such designation is recognised, even though Afghans make up a third of the world’s refugees. The UN High Commissioner for Refugees has granted some of them temporary refugee status. But that authorisation means little in Afghanistan, where processing asylum pleas is an unfamiliar bureaucratic function.

Fereshta, 38, who asked that her last name not be used for security reasons, watched last year as her UNHCR-endowed status expired, leaving her without any legal recourse. Fereshta was born a Christian in southern Iran in 1975, four years before a hard-line Islamic government came to power. She and her family prayed in private, hiding a stack of Farsi Bibles in a desk drawer. The government’s pursuit of non-Muslims escalated as she grew up.

Years after she married a Christian man, he was arrested and killed in prison. In 2000, she took her two children to Pakistan, where she worked for several years as a doctor in refugee shelters run by Western missionaries. But friends warned her that the Iranian Embassy in Islamabad had learnt of her whereabouts.

“A friend told me I should disappear into Afghanistan for a while,” she said. Now, she’s ambivalent about the decision. An Iranian Christian with a history of working with missionaries would be an obvious target in Afghanistan. “Coming here was my foolish mistake,” she said. “But then, what else could I do?”

Afghanistan’s asylum seekers have bonded over the irony of their shared ordeal — battling to settle in one of the world’s least stable countries. One by one, they met each other in line at government ministries or the UNHCR office. They recognised each other’s accents, commiserated about life as men and women without a country — with passports to nations that no longer exist, or without any proof of identity at all. Even the intangible connections to their communities have faded.

Hamid says he is forgetting how to speak Kurdish. Fereshta pretends to be Muslim. Khalikovich’s daughter married an Afghan man and moved to Pakistan. Together, they have created the Association of Refugees Affairs, an informal group for which they are seeking government recognition. In its charter, the refugees wrote that the association will “support the cause of victimised asylum seekers”.

The Afghan government has so far refused to acknowledge its existence. “They just accuse me of being a spy for the Pakistani government,” said Khalik Rahman, 29, a native of Kashmir, who says he actually led an attempted revolt against the Pakistani government in support of Kashmiri independence. For his part, Khalikovich still spends nearly every day walking from ministry to ministry, attempting to inform Afghanistan’s policymakers about the asylum seekers.

In his room, he keeps a list on the wall of all the government offices he has petitioned. It is now four pages long. The Afghan residents of his guesthouse arrive fresh from Greece and Turkey and Australia. They stay for a few days or weeks, spending much of that time plotting how to return to those countries and avoid deportation. They don’t talk much to the men who have migrated in the opposite direction.

Most of the refugees have learnt to speak Dari with Afghan colloquialisms. They know their way around Kabul better than some residents of the city. Even though Khalikovich still wears his 25-year-old Soviet-style top hat and Fereshta still keeps her Bibles locked deep in a drawer, they have largely adjusted to life in Kabul. They describe Afghanistan in terms rarely heard here: Compared with the risks facing them in the countries of their birth, they say, it is safe. But without citizenship or formal refugee status, it is still not home.

Hamid lacks a single identification document, from either Iraq or Afghanistan. Khalikovich has only one: a Soviet passport issued in the late 1980s. Rahman threw his Pakistani passport away, worried that it would only exacerbate his problems. “I feel sorry for the Afghan people. I saw what war did to my own country,” Hamid said. “That’s why I’m here. I had to get away.”

Most ordinary Pakistanis are very generous and innocent-minded people, they are not even aware of what their government is doing.The policy of Pakistani establishment (ISI, Army) caused massive suffering for Afghan people in last four decades.
Pakistan want us to remain backward, by burning our schools spill acid on our students, promote terrorism, suicide attacks, armed attacks in banks, hotels and courts and killing innocent civilians. These things naturally leads to hatred and resentment against Pakistan. You planted hate for yourself.
And you talk about expelling Afghan refugees from Pakistan, you will never succeed, Half Pakistan is our indigenous land, your land is panjabistan. I guarantee you will never ever succeed.

Hi guys,

I have written on this forum on and off on the issue of Afghan refugees in Pakistan.

I just wanted to update like minded individuals on where I'm at.

I am putting my thoughts into action and have started:

1. A twitter account twitter.com/pakistani342 - please do follow me if you also believe that Afghan refugees should be expelled from Pakistan.

2. I have also started a blog to archive my arguments: pakistani342.blogspot.com

3. I have also been posting this blurb on Youtube on Pakistan / Afghanistan videos:
----------------------
Pakistan and Afghanistan disentanglement is desired:
1. Pakistan should expel all 3 million Afghans refugees from Pakistan - there is no need to host a people who are ungrateful and hostile to Pakistanis
2. The resources Afghans consume in Pakistan: schools, hospitals, universities should go to Pakistanis - no point in giving these to a people, Afghans, who hate us Pakistanis
3. Pakistan should not provide transit trade to Afghans - it will reduce drugs and guns in Pakistan.
----------------------

4. I'm also researching matters that relate to this issue and Afghan / Pakistan issues.

5. My hope is to build a following and then after the elections are over have like minded individuals campaign pakistani journalists (Anchors) to raise this issue.

6. If all goes well I might use personal funds to take out Ads in Pakistani Newspapers.

Would appreciate feedback and support - I'd like to elicit volunteers who can spread the word.

Thanks.

Pakistan should expel every illegal or unwanted
Pakistan should stop giving visa free travel to the citizen of our "Brotherly Islamic" Countries, to their own private airports in their own private airplanes which are loaded with God knows what (we do too) and God knows for whom (we do too)
Pakistan should try to become a state which have rule regulations and laws

Seriously how many Afghans have your worked with interacted with with? Have you read the polls? Oh and have you ever seen them wave Indian flags when Pakistan/India play cricket - such love they have for Pakistanis.

Go to Iran? Iran limits their movement, refuses them access to jobs, hospitals, schools, universities ? Seriously are you just pulling your remarks out of your cuffs or have you done any background research? Go to Iran - laughable ????

Well perhaps Canada or Saudi Arabia or Australia can settle them - why is it that Pakistan gets stuck with them?

Countries like Australia and Denmark are not admitting even the highest risk Afghan refugees these days - people who have helped the ISAF presence, how is it that when Pakistan sends them back it is inhumane - or is it that us poor Pakistanis are held to a different standard.

I think **yes** my dear - again sorry to burst your bubble but Pakistanis get deported every day from all over the world for not following the immigration law of the host nations - if that is not xenophobic how is it when we ask that Pakistani immigration law be followed?!?

A little more on " If it were the other way around" - there are between 10,000 and 50,000 Pakistanis in Afghanistan. There are 1,000 Pakistanis who are incarcerated in Afghanistan, and most of them on visa related issues - get this: 1 in 10 or 1 in 50 Pakistanis in Afghanistan is in the slammer because they overstayed their visa ??? while we have 3 million of their citizens in our country.

Sorry to burst your bubble but All afghans hate Pakistan, the misogynist mullah, the Tajik, the Hazara, the old, the young, all of them. I would encourage you to read Mullah Zaeef's grand opus from which I'll quote for your reading pleasure:

... they [Pakistanis that is] can get milk from a bull. They have two tongues in one mouth, and two faces on one head so they can speak everybody's language; they use everybody, deceive everybody ...

You do know that Karzai and many of his inner circle spent roughly two decades in Pakistan - not much love lost there I assure your for Pakistanis.

Yeah it is xenophobic because a Pakistanis is proposing that:
1. Pakistan's limited resources go to Pakistani citizens first
2. That Pakistani's immigration law be followed
3. That some measure of reciprocity between Afghans and Pakistanis be restored

yes very Xenophobic - I guess Pakistanis lot in lift is just to suffer.

I say no thanks you!

Let's just do what every other self respecting state would do:

1. Pakistan should expel all 3 million Afghans refugees from Pakistan – there is no need to host a people who are ungrateful and hostile to Pakistanis
2. The resources Afghans consume in Pakistan: schools, hospitals, universities should go to Pakistanis – no point in giving these to a people, Afghans, who hate us Pakistanis
3. Pakistan should not provide transit trade to Afghans – it will reduce drugs and guns in Pakistan.
4. List item

Afghans out of Pakistan! Good bye and good luck! Please prosper on the other side of the Durand Line! #AfghansOutOfPak - support us on twitter https://twitter.com/pakistani342

I have talked to Afghans who live in Pakistan, I worked as a red cross worker for 2 years there. What a misguided view, everything you've said is nothing but nitpicked statistics and misguided views.

Sorry to burst you racist bubble, but the fact still remains that if Pakistan were to expel them, Pakistan would have much to lose internationally. The only reason why the Afghan government is even listening to Pakistan is because of the refugees that Pakistan has threatened to send back on mass. If Pakistan were to do that, it would lose face in the international community, which already considers Pakistan as a nuisance. The Afghans would run to India, and India would have surrounded Pakistan successfully.

Have you even thought about these things? No, because all you want to do is promote your racist views.

If it were the other way around, you would NOT tolerate it, regardless of what you say. You would beg them to stay, like the Afghan refugees beg Pakistan to let them stay.

Afghan refugees have no hatred of Pakistan, and nothing you say and do will change that.

Most ordinary Pakistanis are very generous and innocent-minded people, they are not even aware of what their government is doing.The policy of Pakistani establishment (ISI, Army) caused massive suffering for Afghan people in last four decades.
Pakistan want us to remain backward, by burning our schools spill acid on our students, promote terrorism, suicide attacks, armed attacks in banks, hotels and courts and killing innocent civilians. These things naturally leads to hatred and resentment against Pakistan. You planted hate for yourself.
And you talk about expelling Afghan refugees from Pakistan, you will never succeed, Half Pakistan is our indigenous land, your land is panjabistan. I guarantee you will never ever succeed.

You're also a racist/nationalist. How about taking responsibility first, before you blame other nations for your own faults. You talk about half of Pakistan belonging to Afghanistan as if God gave you the right to declare the land as such. If it belongs to you, then go and take it, be like an Israeli settler.

Pakistanis don't need your back handed complement. Either you're the bigger man, or you're someone who's bitterness speaks before his brain can process it.

I have talked to Afghans who live in Pakistan, I worked as a red cross worker for 2 years there. What a misguided view, everything you've said is nothing but nitpicked statistics and misguided views.

Sorry to burst you racist bubble, but the fact still remains that if Pakistan were to expel them, Pakistan would have much to lose internationally. The only reason why the Afghan government is even listening to Pakistan is because of the refugees that Pakistan has threatened to send back on mass. If Pakistan were to do that, it would lose face in the international community, which already considers Pakistan as a nuisance. The Afghans would run to India, and India would have surrounded Pakistan successfully.

Have you even thought about these things? No, because all you want to do is promote your racist views.

If it were the other way around, you would NOT tolerate it, regardless of what you say. You would beg them to stay, like the Afghan refugees beg Pakistan to let them stay.

Afghan refugees have no hatred of Pakistan, and nothing you say and do will change that.

You're also a racist/nationalist. How about taking responsibility first, before you blame other nations for your own faults. You talk about half of Pakistan belonging to Afghanistan as if God gave you the right to declare the land as such. If it belongs to you, then go and take it, be like an Israeli settler.

Pakistanis don't need your back handed complement. Either you're the bigger man, or you're someone who's bitterness speaks before his brain can process it.

This is the reality dear, now the world is aware of it. i say your government must have mercy on our people and stop promoting terrorism in our home.

This is the reality dear, now the world is aware of it. i say your government must have mercy on our people and stop promoting terrorism in our home.

Same can be said the other way around, how about your government get rid of TTP safe havens on your side of the border.

The world isn't black and white, there are very few people on this planet that can say that they have committed no immoral acts. There are even fewer nations that aren't guilty of committing state on state crimes, Afghanistan is no exception.

And what about before those 4 decades...Wasn't afghanistan trying to destabilize Pakistan?? When its was prospering, together with India, your afghanistan created hell lot of problems for Pakistan...You didnt accept Pakistan as a country...Regular border attacks from afghans were common...till the end you people tried your best..
After all of this, Yes we want you to be backwards and we did send you all to stone age...How does this feel...You said Kpk is your land...Open your eyes,does it look like its your or is it 70 % of your afghanistan is under Pakistan dictation. Remember there was no afghanistan and there will be no afghanistan after 2014 withdrawal.

Hi guys,

I have written on this forum on and off on the issue of Afghan refugees in Pakistan.

I just wanted to update like minded individuals on where I'm at.

I am putting my thoughts into action and have started:

1. A twitter account twitter.com/pakistani342 - please do follow me if you also believe that Afghan refugees should be expelled from Pakistan.

2. I have also started a blog to archive my arguments: pakistani342.blogspot.com

3. I have also been posting this blurb on Youtube on Pakistan / Afghanistan videos:
----------------------
Pakistan and Afghanistan disentanglement is desired:
1. Pakistan should expel all 3 million Afghans refugees from Pakistan - there is no need to host a people who are ungrateful and hostile to Pakistanis
2. The resources Afghans consume in Pakistan: schools, hospitals, universities should go to Pakistanis - no point in giving these to a people, Afghans, who hate us Pakistanis
3. Pakistan should not provide transit trade to Afghans - it will reduce drugs and guns in Pakistan.
----------------------

4. I'm also researching matters that relate to this issue and Afghan / Pakistan issues.

5. My hope is to build a following and then after the elections are over have like minded individuals campaign pakistani journalists (Anchors) to raise this issue.

6. If all goes well I might use personal funds to take out Ads in Pakistani Newspapers.

Would appreciate feedback and support - I'd like to elicit volunteers who can spread the word.

Thanks.
Just wanted to say, these are the same arguments against immigration to the US, not saying they are wrong or right, but funny how across the planet the issues are so similar.

By the way Afghanistan is your 5000 year old daddy, apne bap se esea bat katea hea kia. pervert

Same can be said the other way around, how about your government get rid of TTP safe havens on your side of the border.

The world isn't black and white, there are very few people on this planet that can say that they have committed no immoral acts. There are even fewer nations that aren't guilty of committing state on state crimes, Afghanistan is no exception.

No safe heavens or support for TTP from our country. i think our government is fighting internal problems right now. your judgement is simply as a result of your conditioning by the media that invented this TTP support lie to make ordinary Pakistanis anti-Afghanistan government.

Back
Top Bottom