What's new

Unable to build aircraft, Delhi splurges on planes it can ill afford

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Unable to build aircraft, Delhi splurges on planes it can ill afford

Posted on February 4, 2009 by Moin Ansari

Bharat’s attempt at indigenous production of weapons has been a colossal failure the likes of which do not exist in the annals of military history. Bharat’s failed LCA is the stuff made for jokes around military headquarters from Brussells to Moscow to Beijing to Washington. Bharat has been trying to produce a plane called the LCA. After a decade of design, Delhi has failed to produce a prototype of the plane. The project is years away from a flight test. They are still bickering about which foreign engine to use. Delhi’s attempt to build missiles is a humongous tragedy of errors frustrating the defense establishment at the highest levels.

Unable to build aircraft, Delhi decides to splurge on luxuries it can ill afford. China again rebuffs Delhi and refuses to sell or even show her aviation prowess to Bharat (aka India). Bharat is the only country of its size that is unable to produce aircraft, missiles or choppers. It has had to purchase most of its arms from Russia which is ever more reluctant to share technology with Delhi.

NEW DELHI: The world may have been hit by economic recession but India will continue to shop for arms and weapons systems. A top ranking Defence Ministry official on Monday claimed that there were enough funds for modernisation of the Armed Forces and the new acquisitions would continue despite the economic slowdown.

The message would cheer up at least the global military aviation industry which will show up in full strength in Bangalore for the latest edition of Aero India 2009 beginning next week.

Secretary (Defence Production) Pradeep Kumar, who is the chief organiser of the air show, claimed that the country’s military programme will continue as before dispelling any doubts despite economic turmoil.

Perhaps, this is the reason why the world’s aviation companies have turned up in large numbers at Bangalore making Aero India one of the biggest air shows in this part of the world. This is the 7th show and by far the biggest.

All the dominant aviation players will be there as usual but some new grounds have been broken. For the first time China, which has stayed away from previous air shows, has decided to send a 10-member delegation.

There will not be any Chinese aircraft though. China has been making rapid strides in aviation and is even producing its own aircraft specifically targeted for the Third World markets.

Bharat’s purchase of American or German/European arms will come with the usual commercial strings which are subject to the foreign policy whims of the government in questions. These are lessons that Delhi has not learned and will learn in due course. Right now it is eager to purchase weapons which it could only dream of a few years ago. Late in the game to open tenders and comparative analysis Delhi is now splurging Billions of Dollars on new aircraft.

The Bharati defense establishment has become rich on the purchase of foreign arms. Bofers reached the highest echelons of power–Rajiv Gandhi was involved in the kickbacks.

In military aviation, China is reluctant to open up with India as it has a strategic alliance with Pakistan. It is a different matter that both India and China’s military aviation is based on the Russian platform.

One of the obvious attentions during Aero India, starting on February 11, would be on fighter jets.

The process of acquisition of 126 multi-role combat fighters for the Indian Air Force has reached a decisive stage.

Those in the fray are going to display their combat jets at the air show.
For the first time, India will have a close look at Eurofighter Typhoon.

The US will be there with F-16s and F-18s and Russian MiG-35 will also arrive for a static and flying display along with indigenous Light Combat Aircraft.

A total of 592 companies have registered for the show out of which 303 are foreign. The maximum number of companies will be from Germany and France (31 each) followed by the UK, Russia, the US, Italy, Belgium, Israel and Australia.

The US with 22 companies will occupy the largest space at the show.

There will be a lot of flying activities over Bangalore’s air space during the show and organisers were satisfied that there have been no cancellations despite 26/11.

At present the Bharati defense establishment idea of arms production is a lot of tri-color paint. Perhaps the recipients of Bofers already know–and want to cash in on more kickbacks.

The “New East India Company” under the guise of Lockheed Martin etc. is ready able and willing to take away Bharati Dollars to make ever more profits for its shareholders.

Bharat has not dealt with the Shylocks of the Military Industrial Complex. Soon they will learn about planned obsolescence how the sealed boxes will cost them an arm and a leg.

Unable to build aircraft, Delhi splurges on planes it can ill afford RUPEE NEWS: Recording History, Narrating Archives, Strategic Intellibrief Analysis: Noticias de Rupia | Nouvelles de Roupie | Rupiennachrichten | ??????? ????? | ?

Last edited:
its funny. i read the first paragraph and i knew it must be from rupee news ;)

ever since i came to know about rupee news i unsubcribed from the feeds to The Onion and Fail Blog

it is far far more entertaining

What is even more entertaining - realization of the fact that it is such an influential and widely read and assimilated source of News for Pakistanis around the Universe

After a decade of design, Delhi has failed to produce a prototype of the plane. The project is years away from a flight test.

TD-1 , TD-2 , PV-1 , PV-2 , PV-3 , LSP1 , LSP-2 and LSP-3 due to fly soon with 1017 recorded flight tests.

Very poorly construes article , what exactly is this rupee news , Is ti considered good and reliable in Pak.

is such an influential and widely read and assimilated source of News for Pakistanis around the Universe

Hey, we learn from the pros (i.e. our lovely neighbours). An Indian complaining about biased media reports aimed at pleasing the local population, now I've seen everything.

The article, however, is quite obviously heavily biased and offers little insight into anything that matters. Posting it on this forum will only attract fanboy garbage. Please refrain.

Indeed a huge failure. LOLZ The article very accurately highlights India's indigenous failures that we already knew about. Goes to show that not everything can be achieved just by numbers and money.

Hey, we learn from the pros (i.e. our lovely neighbours). An Indian complaining about biased media reports aimed at pleasing the local population, now I've seen everything.

The article, however, is quite obviously heavily biased and offers little insight into anything that matters. Posting it on this forum will only attract fanboy garbage. Please refrain.

Funny isn't it? When the media rants about Pakistan these Indians are very quick to join the bandwagon. When it comes down to their own failures and negativities the sources are inaccurate and biased as usual. What a bunch of silly hypocrites. Well, no wonder that the Indians have such a inferiority complex. It does prove my point again and again.

PS. Had I been a moderator of this forum, these Indians wouldn't have lasted a minute on this forum.

Maximus.

Just sit back and enjoy AERO INDIA 2009..

ITS THE BIGGEST military & civillian Air Show in ASIA.

And can you believe this even CHINA are coming as well as every man & his dog.

" I WONDER WHY" ????

Maximus.

Just sit back and enjoy AERO INDIA 2009..

ITS THE BIGGEST military & civillian Air Show in ASIA.

And can you believe this even CHINA are coming as well as every man & his dog.

" I WONDER WHY" ????

Yeah, just keep on selling those nasty Indian sweaters for a few rupees just like you did during the Chinese air show. LOLZ Besides, you cannot manufacture your own fighter jet. Your indigenous projects are all failures. Just admit it. That's what this topic is about. So stay on topic and stop lecturing about some cheap air show that we don't care about!!!

India may benefit more in the short-run, but I believe China's plan of action will benefit much more in the long-run.

Pakistan has also just begun assembly line production for the JF-17. While it may not be as advanced as what India is able to purchase, the experience of serial production and sanction-proof status will benefit Pakistan greatly in the long-run.

Last edited:
India may benefit more in the short-run, but I believe China's plan of action will benefit much more in the long-run.

Pakistan has also just begun assembly line production for the JF-17. While it may not be as advanced as what India is able to purchase, the experience of serial production and sanction-proof status will benefit Pakistan greatly in the long-run.

I totally agree with you on this Point,

:china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom