What's new

UK named sixth largest economy in the world

the city of Khanewal would have taken over UK's Economy if and only if......
do you want to discuss that with me now? I can argue in favor of it till cows come home, oh wait bhoory cow just came home

I am presenting a simple math here - what is your issue?

soon to be followed by all the west...their millitary budget has become an elephant..even u.s with $16 trillion debt if not sooner later..will follow the trend

Sorry Buddy - your math does not work. Even with 8% growth rate, it would have taken atleast 50 years for Pakistan to touch the $1.8 trillion mark which the top 10 economies have.
It would take just odd 28 years to get to that size at 7 % growth.I have done the maths again.But it's all together different matter that by then where would be that 1.8 trillion $ mark .

This is expected, all nations that forego manufacturing will have to suffer. Time for West is up now. However, they still have much more to their advantage if they see it.

For example high-tech, bio-science and IT is the new wave of economics. West enjoys economic freedom and intellectual rights that none of the BRICs can guarantee.

I mean, how easy is it in India or China to get a patent and actually make a good use of it?

Plus the political stability, law-enforcement and justice systems are all better in the west than in any BRICs.

Most of the world's top academic institutes are also in the west.

They can make a turnaround if they want, but yeah it wont be like the 1960s and 70s prosperity. Asia is here to grow.

In another couple of decades UK may split into Scotland, Wales and England with N Ireland joining Ireland. The English King/Queen will reign over subjects mostly from SA. The S Asians just love royalty. The smart and affluent English would have pushed off to N America / Australia. The current economic upturn is mainly for N Sea oil which will eventually belong to sovereign Scotland.

Sorry Buddy - your math does not work. Even with 8% growth rate, it would have taken atleast 50 years for Pakistan to touch the $1.8 trillion mark which the top 10 economies have.

really?

with 8.4%(2004 and the year when wot was started in pak) we would had 300billions above gdp by 2011.

and 780billions above by 2018(imran khan period end)

might hit trillions by 2022-23

really?

with 8.4%(2004 and the year when wot was started in pak) we would had 300billions above gdp by 2011.

and 780billions above by 2018(imran khan period end)

might hit trillions by 2022-23

Mate - Take a spreadsheet and do the projection and you would get the view. As simple as that.

sir pakistan doersnt have big population like india, even if we grow at 8% we save more money than india thus we increase or reserve more than india

This article is highly favouring Brits. Indian economy might already be bigger than Britain, but we need to bring our currency back to 35-40 per $. Anyways India will over take Brit way before 2017 maybe by 2014 or max 2015.

More imp is the National Manufacturing Policy and National Electronics policy of India which are going to make India manufacturing Hub. Our sez policy of 2006 has led to dramatic growth in sez engineering exports which are now over 100 bill$. If India becomes another manufacturing hub like China then my frnds God save Europe, America and Japan. Only China can compete with india in labour and rates. We need to take advantage of that like CHina did.

In another couple of decades UK may split into Scotland, Wales and England with N Ireland joining Ireland. The English King/Queen will reign over subjects mostly from SA. The S Asians just love royalty. The smart and affluent English would have pushed off to N America / Australia. The current economic upturn is mainly for N Sea oil which will eventually belong to sovereign Scotland.

I spoke to someone and he said for certain mysterious reasons it seems that the powers that be (in London) want a separate Scotland, this obviously makes Britain/England a weaker country.

White English are now a minority in London (though whites overall including non-white English are still above 50%) and I can imagine many doing as you said and migrating to other countries for work and a better standard of love with the added factor of being disgusted by "losing their country" to brownies and darkies.

It would take just odd 28 years to get to that size at 7 % growth.I have done the maths again.But it's all together different matter that by then where would be that 1.8 trillion $ mark .

It's not as simple as multipying numbers over a period of time, lot of factors are involved too. GDP growth rate of Pakistan for last 20 years show they enjoyed a golden period of 5 years i.e. from 2004 to 2008 where growth even touched 8.9% for a year - this was the dictatorship period of Musharraf, and most likely fudged to some extent.

Steady growth over decades is a difficult prospect and comes with good governance, security, entrepreneurship, and overall long term vision and planning.

Technicaly speaking Pakistan should be in top ten by now if we had not involved in the stupid unwanted war.

That's actually correct but the WOT doesn't have a LOT to do with it. However, the instability from a peace and security's standpoint it. In 1998, before the nuke test, the world bank estimated Pakistan's economy to be right behind the BRIC countries at number 15-18. The policies being made by then gov't were very investor and business friendly. Nuke tests changed all that.
Later, the next ten years were military rule. A guy who knows to protect his country with a gun all his life....can't create policies or understand the economic structure. So the result was sanctions, reversal of investor friendly policies, etc, etc.

Interesting enough, Pakistan as of this year was ranked around 27th PPP (can't remember), largest economy. Not bad for a country plagues with corruption, religious nuts, militant groups and political instability. I think if the security's situation gets better, by 2025, it should slide between 18-24 spot somewhere. Based on the population and other simulations (if stability, peace and a strong political structure exists), in theory, Pakistan should 18th to 20th largest economy in the world

I spoke to someone and he said for certain mysterious reasons it seems that the powers that be (in London) want a separate Scotland, this obviously makes Britain/England a weaker country.

White English are now a minority in London (though whites overall including non-white English are still above 50%) and I can imagine many doing as you said and migrating to other countries for work and a better standard of love with the added factor of being disgusted by "losing their country" to brownies and darkies.

1.Let us not underestimate the rise of Welsh nationalism. The Scots united with England under a treaty after a series of battles. The Welsh kept on resisting and had to be annexed by Proclamation.

2. One example of the rising Welsh. Recently the Hay Festival was held at Dhaka. Here writers from all over the world gather. The origin of the Festival is in Wales where the Welsh are making all efforts to revive their language, culture and heritage.

1.Let us not underestimate the rise of Welsh nationalism. The Scots united with England under a treaty after a series of battles. The Welsh kept on resisting and had to be annexed by Proclamation.

2. One example of the rising Welsh. Recently the Hay Festival was held at Dhaka. Here writers from all over the world gather. The origin of the Festival is in Wales where the Welsh are making all efforts to revive their language, culture and heritage.

Back
Top Bottom