What's new

U.S. Treasuries face test from China's yuan move

^^^ check out 500 comments (yeah, too many) of this:

Five Myths About India - BusinessWeek

Then you'll see this K Gupta is an idiot, being thouroughly and repeatedly debunked and stripped down naked! :rofl:

The truth can hurt.
500,000 idiots saying black is white does not make black white.

He never said there'll be no readjustment pains, but its very survivable for China.

Last edited:
No. But it is an at the moment solution for of China's at the moment problems. So its good. The US will continue on its path to demise plugging away at things that don't matter and China continues its rise.

Do you want the US to solve its manufacturing sectors problem ever? If they think this will solve their problems then good. This means they will only get to solve their problems later than now. Isn't that good?
With the US, xin yao hei e dian.

This YUAN pegging sh^t demanded by Uncle Sam is fu&king shitty!!!

Does anyone here really believe increasing the value of YUAN will solve the problems with the US manufacturing sector?

The fu&king unions in the US should be blamed for the fucked up of US manufacturing sector not the fu&king YUAN. The unions are responsible for hiring incompetent, lazy, etc., employees.

These fu&king unions drive the cost of manufacturing exorbitantly high by demanding more money and benefits every fu&king year.

As a business man why should I be forced to pay more money to my employees who are incompetent, lazy, etc.?

Have you worked for a union before? Sh&t you got the whole fu&king stupid family and relatives working in a company. Just go visit the car assembling plants in Michigan.

<No. But it is an at the moment solution for of China's at the moment problems. So its good.>

Dude, no, it's not good. First, it doesn't solve the US manufacturing sector. It's a ploy by the fu&king US politicians to try to save their ***#s from being roasted by the unemployed people.

And second, China's US bond that's worth $1 trillion dollars will lose its value possibly by 40%. So, it sounds like the US is just asking China to forget its debt by 40%.

<No. But it is an at the moment solution for of China's at the moment problems. So its good.>

And second, China's US bond that's worth $1 trillion dollars will lose its value possibly by 40%. So, it sounds like the US is just asking China to forget its debt by 40%.

It might lose value in the sense that the same number of US dollars can buy you less in China, but most international trading is still done with USD, and I think China mainly uses the US bond to do external purchases and deals.

It will not helped their unemployment problem either :)

There will be haircut taken on those bonds, its unavoidable. At this stage of time, there is nothing politically feasible that the US can do to stop the inevitable dollar collapse. And this was anticipated by China's Central Bank in the early 2000s. Its a game of maximising what can gotten for the existing stocks of dollars China holds while maximising the damage done to the US economy.

Must always remember, in the event that the Taiwan reunification process stalls or ceases, which is better, facing off a US military with heavy damaged economy like with Russia or one that has resolved its "problems"?

Dude, no, it's not good. First, it doesn't solve the US manufacturing sector. It's a ploy by the fu&king US politicians to try to save their ***#s from being roasted by the unemployed people.

It might lose value in the sense that the same number of US dollars can buy you less in China, but most international trading is still done with USD, and I think China mainly uses the US bond to do external purchases and deals.

It fails due to currency speculators. American currency traders who have stockpiles of hot Yuan will have ripped off China big time. Their proceeds, US dollars, will then circulate in the US economy.

USA, (as does any country,) only does 2 kinds of deeds. One that advances herself and one that damages others. And they have the shamelessness of always making either of the two sound like mutually beneficial. Japan is a case in point. America basically neuters Japan by restricting their military, build bases everywhere and make the Japanese pay for the deployment which clearly benefits mostly the US( and China). Not that I have anything against it as a Chinese. Yet, the US claims that this is the best arrangement for the Japanese! Just like what their claiming about an appreciation of Yuan ----the best arrangement for the Chinese!

The mere fact that US of A is trying to force China into appreciate the Yuan makes me skeptical about who the true beneficiary will be.

It fails due to currency speculators. American currency traders who have stockpiles of hot Yuan will have ripped off China big time. Their proceeds, US dollars, will then circulate in the US economy.

USA, (as does any country,) only does 2 kinds of deeds. One that advances herself and one that damages others. And they have the shamelessness of always making either of the two sound like mutually beneficial. Japan is a case in point. America basically neuters Japan by restricting their military, build bases everywhere and make the Japanese pay for the deployment which clearly benefits mostly the US( and China). Not that I have anything against it as a Chinese. Yet, the US claims that this is the best arrangement for the Japanese! Just like what their claiming about an appreciation of Yuan ----the best arrangement for the Chinese!

The mere fact that US of A is trying to force China into appreciate the Yuan makes me skeptical about who the true beneficiary will be.

1) The US pays for the bases. Local Japanese resturants and shops are quiet glad about it. The problem is just nationalism.

2) It's funny how everyone here is misunderstanding the same thing. The push for currency revaluation wasn't so that jobs would return to the States, but that manufacturing would kick off once American goods dominate the Chinese market.

Last edited:
1) The US pays for the bases. Local Japanese resturants and shops are quiet glad about it. The problem is just nationalism.

2) It's funny how everyone here is misunderstanding the same thing. The push for currency revaluation wasn't so that jobs would return to the States, but that manufacture would kick off once American goods dominate the Chinese market.

1. THe Japanese pay for hosting US troops.

Japan balks at $2 billion bill to host U.S. troops Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

What the locals think largely has no bearing on strategic decision making. But just for argument's sake, the locals apparently are not quite glad about American soldiers raping and killing them and getting off on a light sentence.

The problem is not nationalism. The troops in Japan is not only there to keep China and maybe Russia in check, but also to keep Japan on leash. The American arrangement is for Japan to demilitarise and pay protection fees to USA. That way, it's almost impossible for Japan to challenge USA ever again.

2. Yes, you are quite right. The decision makers would've known that an appreciation of Yuan will do squat to help revive USA's low end manufacturing sector. I made the mistake of assuming my foe was a dumb rock in a blaze of nationalism. My second post, however, is still valid in that the effects of an appreciation is far from clear as the US is suggesting.

2) It's funny how everyone here is misunderstanding the same thing. The push for currency revaluation wasn't so that jobs would return to the States, but that manufacturing would kick off once American goods dominate the Chinese market.

What Americans goods?

So far, made in China mostly.
Heavy machinery, very durable...

There will be people who need to wake up and smell the coffee... or rather the Chrysanthemum tea.

What about jumbo jets and fruits? These are only the ones that come up off the top of my head. I'm sure there is plenty of others. Chinese heavy machinery depite our best efforts is still lagging as compared to the West. Just look at any PR photo of the interior of CAC, you can see Western equipement. They are more durable and have better precision over their lifetimes.

As for products that are produced in China, instead of hiring more manual labourers, they will hire more engineers and scientists and more executives. They win again.

Back
Top Bottom