What's new

U.S., India to sign $8 bln defence deals: envoy

$8 bn is pretty conservative. The deals are:

$4.1 BN for 10 C-17s (follow on for 6 and later 4-8 more likely)
$3 BN for 12 P-8I (order to be doubled after first unit is delivered later this year)
$1 BN for follow on order of C-130J-30 for Spec Ops (order liekly to increase many fold though beyond sepc ops versions)
$1 BN for 22 Apach AH-64D Blk.IIIs (order to go upto 80 units for sure)
$1 BN for 15 CH-47F helos (likely to be doubled)
other miscellaneous equipment for units like SOFs.
She is talking about the new deals which are gonna be signed, not which have already been signed or which might get signed in the future for eg : 80 units of Apache or follow-on order of 6 and then 4-8 more or 30 CH-47. IAF never place follow-on order until the aircraft enters the service. I am with you, i think IAF should operate 25-30 C17 and IA about 60-80 Apache but these are expensive aircrafts and might not pass Finance ministry's approval.

The list i think is :

1. Follow on order of P8i (Its confirmed)
2. Follow on order of C130j (The only second follow on order confirmed till now)
3. 22 Apach AH-64D Blk.IIIs
4. 15 CH-47F helos
5. Javelin ATGM deal (Its huge deal)
6. M777 deal
7. Honeywell F-125IN turbofan engine deal
8. 16 10-ton multi role helicopter deal for IN
There could be some more deals like MRMR aircraft deal

And what do you think our Air Defense Operators will be doing when you are flying your C-17 and C-130 into Pakistan?

Having Tea? :rofl:

They will unleash a wave of missiles to take those Aircraft down.

The Apaches are a real threat as they can take out Radar installations, Forward Operating Bases, and Tanks and Armored forces before they are detected.

The Apaches fired the opening shots during the 1st Gulf War taking out Iraq's radar installations.

This threat needs to be countered at all costs.

While you roll on the floor laughing, on more than one occassion, your defence forces have indeed proven that they could actually sleep (or have tea) when the enemy forces walk right in to their garrison's backyard... So, you really should not count that possibility out...

And Pakistan is not Iraq that an attacking force can just send in few apaches, stow the traytable, sit back and relax, while they destory the radar installations, tanks etc etc... It has to be far more complicated and mature planning...

However, my point was just to highlight that P8i or C17/130 are equally potent and often more relevant in any context than apaches... You can not think of enemy's weapons in a single dimension of firepower only... Wars in our time are and will be won on Firepower AND ''intelligence, networked-ness and mobility of one's defence forces''... And if the last three are in place, only then the firepower can be put to a use worth its potential... and just that humble submission was the point to highlight the flaw in your logic...

What kind of weapons is India acquiring in this defense deal?

I don't think Russia will be too happy about this.

Russia breakdown the special relationship with India since the time of Soviet Union by supplying RD 93 engines to Pak, now India & Russia have professional relations as far as the defence procurement is concerned, India wants to expand it's defence basket & want to include egg from all major country in it....:)

Back
Top Bottom