What's new

Two Russian fighter jets breach Japanese airspace

The US arm force is created to engage and defeat China and Russia simultaneously. I would put my bets with the US in this encounter.

That was what everyone said during the Korean War. But we all know how that ended up for the Americans :lol:
China lost more soldiers but America was successfully kicked out of North Korea.

Germany had more sophisticated tanks than the Soviets in WW2, but the soviets had more cheaper tanks and outnumbered the advanced German tanks. The Soviets destroyed those advanced German tanks despite the Soviets losing far more tanks of their own than the Germans. Soviets achieved strategic victory.

In war, many things come into consideration. Things like weather conditions, logistics, tactics, strategies, ability to make your own weapons (and all components) in your own country, size of industry, speed of weapons production during war, money, access to natural resources, etc.

China has shown we are willing to endure massive casualties in order to achieve our strategic objectives of going to war.
Any war with China or Russia will take everything the US military has.

China might not be as technologically advanced as the US, but as the Korean War showed, being more technologically advanced doesn't guarantee you strategic victory.

Never underestimate the will of the People's Liberation Army. EVER!

That was what everyone said during the Korean War. But we all know how that ended up for the Americans :lol:
China lost more soldiers but America was successfully kicked out of North Korea.

Germany had more sophisticated tanks than the Soviets in WW2, but the soviets had more cheaper tanks and outnumbered the advanced German tanks. The Soviets destroyed those advanced German tanks despite the Soviets losing far more tanks of their own than the Germans. Soviets achieved strategic victory.

In war, many things come into consideration. Things like weather conditions, logistics, tactics, strategies, ability to make your own weapons (and all components) in your own country, size of industry, speed of weapons production during war, money, access to natural resources, etc.

China has shown we are willing to endure massive casualties in order to achieve our strategic objectives of going to war.
Any war with China or Russia will take everything the US military has.

China might not be as technologically advanced as the US, but as the Korean War showed, being more technologically advanced doesn't guarantee you strategic victory.

Never underestimate the will of the People's Liberation Army. EVER!

US certainly do not underestimate PLA and Russia. US understand who the potential competitors are. The real competitors are not the ones that keep on talking about becoming a superpower.

US certainly do not underestimate PLA and Russia. US understand who the potential competitors are. The real competitors are not the ones that keep on talking about becoming a superpower.

lets face it... US alone cannot defeat Russia and China together.

Even NATO v/s Russia and China, I would put my money on Russia and China. NATO - 40, Russia/China - 60

The US arm force is created to engage and defeat China and Russia simultaneously. I would put my bets with the US in this encounter.
The Americans will beg for peace when their troops in Japan and South Korea are vaporized. Guam is next!

The Americans will beg for peace when their troops in Japan and South Korea are vaporized. Guam is next!

not now,I would say in 10-20 years time when US finds itself being neither economically nor militarily capable of playing any major role in East Asia,it will retreat quietly and willingly.

lets face it... US alone cannot defeat Russia and China together.

Even NATO v/s Russia and China, I would put my money on Russia and China. NATO - 40, Russia/China - 60

US will not invade either Russia or China, this is just not possible. But if there is an air encounter along the pacific or in East China Sea between a joint China/Russia AF vs USAF flying out of Okinawa and Japanese mainland. I would place my bet on the USAF. And I've not counted the USN yet.

Also, Russian and Chinese surface ships would be sunk if they get too close to the USN.

As for the carrier killer missiles, the supporting infrastructure would be taken out before US task force get close enough.

Its still decades before China can challenge US in Western Pacific.

not now,I would say in 10-20 years time when US finds itself being neither economically nor militarily capable of playing any major role in East Asia,it will retreat quietly and willingly.

I would say earliest would be 30-50 years. But China need to show that its clearly the number 2 first. Before doing that, its too hard to tell when will China catch up to the US.

US will not invade either Russia or China, this is just not possible. But if there is an air encounter along the pacific or in East China Sea between a joint China/Russia AF vs USAF flying out of Okinawa and Japanese mainland. I would place my bet on the USAF. And I've not counted the USN yet.

Also, Russian and Chinese surface ships would be sunk if they get too close to the USN.

As for the carrier killer missiles, the supporting infrastructure would be taken out before US task force get close enough.

Its still decades before China can challenge US in Western Pacific.

precisely, in china's or russia's homeland or immediate neighborhood(think korea or some CIS nations), the US stands does not stand a good chance of a real victory in a ground war, but land areas outside outside of that or in an air or naval war in the pacific, away from the chinese coast, the US would pretty much dominate. the thing is that, the fuzzy lines where china can win/put up a good fight/probably lose/be dominated is continually being pushed further and further from the chinese coast

"Bogey confirmed" :lol:
nn20130208b5a-870x489.jpg

Back
Top Bottom