What's new

Two questions Reagrding Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we use english calendar but islamic is given a great importance too

The answer is simple

Pakistan got independence day before India.

Quaid-e-Azam became the first governor general of Pakistan on 14th of August 1947
Lord Mountbatten was the governor general of ancient India and later took oath as the first governor general of Modern India on 15th of August 1947.:girl_wacko:

Quaid-e-Azam was already the governor general and the rule of Pakistan at that time

--------------

1. Why was Pakistan's Independence day changed from 15th August to 14th August
It was declared at midnight on 14th august so Pakistan decided to celebrate it on 14 august and India decided to have it on 15th for sake of two ceremonies at different times to let gora mount baton attend both :)

2. why was Urdu given the Position of National Languages as none of the provinces has it as the mother tongue ?

Why hockey is national sport of india when you guys have obsession with cricket ? :D

I don't think Urdu is hard to understand for those who speak Punjabi(48 percent), sindhi etc. if there was not Urdu ( national language) then how sindhi, balochi , Punjabi, pashtun Pakistani would have communicate with each others? Urdu is also very much similar to Arabic in writing

It was declared at midnight on 14th august so Pakistan decided to celebrate it on 14 august and India decided to have it on 15th for sake of two ceremonies at different times to let gora mount baton attend both :)

Independence of India act passed in British Parliament mentioned the date of 15 August.

Independence of India act passed in British Parliament mentioned the date of 15 August.
well timing matter here..if it was 11.45 pm in Karachi..it would have 00.15 am in delhi :D

and i said midnight 14th august

We hated the hindus so much that we did not want to celebrate any thing together on the same date-

He was trying to be sarcastic but I think this was the real reason. It was an ego boost.

He was trying to be sarcastic but I think this was the real reason. It was an ego boost.

Making Urdu as national language put dent on completely segregating from India and bollywood very easily penetrated in every household in Pakistan.

Opened-Discussed-Ruined---> Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom