What's new

Two questions Reagrding Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherokee

Reaction score
Country
India
1. Why was Pakistan's Independence day changed from 15th August to 14th August .
2. why was Urdu given the Position of National Languages as none of the provinces has it as the mother tongue ?

I could not find much Literature regarding That hence the question . I would Request the trolls to stay away and let the knowledgeable people on this forum give the answer .

Thank You ,

I thought they were given independence a day before , so to ensure that partition was smooth and not confusing.?

I thought they were given independence a day before , so to ensure that partition was smooth and not confusing.?

No You are a bit wrong . the Indian Independence Act 1947 recognised 15 August as the birthday of both Pakistan and India. The act states;

"As from the fifteenth day of August, nineteen hundred and forty-seven, two independent Dominions shall be set up in India, to be known respectively as India and Pakistan."

Jinnah in his first broadcast to the nation stated;

"August 15 is the birthday of the independent and sovereign state of Pakistan. It marks the fulfilment of the destiny of the Muslim nation which made great sacrifices in the past few years to have its homeland."

It was on 15 August that the nation celebrated its birthday, however in subsequent years 14 August was marked as the independence day. The first commemorative postage stamps of the country, released in July 1948, also gave 15 August 1947 as the independence day.

Here's The Official Seal by PID of Pakistan

Pakistan_PID_Release_for_Independence_Series_1948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Why was Pakistan's Independence day changed from 15th August to 14th August .

Pakistan's independence day is 14 august since the beginning it was not changed. India's independence is 15 august because they signed independence documents on 15 august.

2. why was Urdu given the Position of National Languages as none of the provinces has it as the mother tongue ?

Urdu was invented to unite multiethnic mughal army we did the same to unite multiethnic Pakistan, If any language from Pakistani ethnic groups was selected then there was a chance that other ethnic groups will mind it more over this language was understood by many people from Pakistani ethnic groups that is why it was the best option.

No You are a bit wrong . the Indian Independence Act 1947 recognised 15 August as the birthday of both Pakistan and India. The act states;

"As from the fifteenth day of August, nineteen hundred and forty-seven, two independent Dominions shall be set up in India, to be known respectively as India and Pakistan."

Jinnah in his first broadcast to the nation stated;

"August 15 is the birthday of the independent and sovereign state of Pakistan. It marks the fulfilment of the destiny of the Muslim nation which made great sacrifices in the past few years to have its homeland."

It was on 15 August that the nation celebrated its birthday, however in subsequent years 14 August was marked as the independence day. The first commemorative postage stamps of the country, released in July 1948, also gave 15 August 1947 as the independence day.

Here's The Official Seal by PID of Pakistan

Pakistan_PID_Release_for_Independence_Series_1948.jpg

Dude actually it was night of 14 august.

no kid ! u need to read a few lessons of history first.independence was offered to both countries on the same day but india opted to declare it a day later becoz the pandits told them to do so.14th august was the night of 27 ramazan,thats why

Pakistan's independence day is 14 august since the beginning it was not changed. India's independence is 15 august because they signed independence documents on 15 august.

Urdu was invented to unite multiethnic mughal army we did the same to unite multiethnic Pakistan, If any language from Pakistani ethnic groups was selected then there was a chance that other ethnic groups will mind it more over this language was understood by many people from Pakistani ethnic groups that is why it was the best option.

According to Jinnah's Speech and Indian Independence Act 1947 it was 15th August . Are you nullyfing both of these facts .

2 . in A Multi-Ethnic Society generally multiple national languages is the option to go . For E.g. Switzerland but yes 2nd points makes a bit of Sense . Only problem is that it was not a mother tongue of any province in Pakistan ....

We hated the hindus so much that we did not want to celebrate any thing together on the same date-:coffee:-

@Zaki @WebMaster Kindly close this troll thread- it has been discussed before-

-

Makes Sense .. what about Second Point

no kid ! u need to read a few lessons of history first.independence was offered to both countries on the same day but india opted to declare it a day later becoz the pandits told them to do so.14th august was the night of 27 ramazan,thats why

You are Saying Indian Independence Act , Jinnah's Speech and PID of Pakistan all were wrong for a few years . Anything to support your claim . I would love to read literature on it . Thank You .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandits must have told them Shub Mohorat 15 ka acha hai- 15 ko narial phorna- :lol:-

as u know that ramzan is cosidered a sacred month by muslims and on 14 august 1947,it was the night of 27 ramazan,the night of revelation of quran.so that was the main reason

sir !urdu was given ths status of national language because it did not belong to a single province .it was considered a symbol of nationalism

as u know that ramzan is cosidered a sacred month by muslims and on 14 august 1947,it was the night of 27 ramazan,the night of revelation of quran.so that was the main reason

sir !urdu was given ths status of national language because it did not belong to a single province .it was considered a symbol of nationalism

Great Answer . Any Idea which year it was changed to 14th August as i am sure that in 1947 and 1948 it was celebrated on 15 th August .

But people are learning indigenous language in pakistan with their original script? Such as sindhi, punjabi , balochi along with urdu?

Pandits? u have any literature claims for that? I mean its possible what u say? But i have never heard of it.

According to Jinnah's Speech and Indian Independence Act 1947 it was 15th August . Are you nullyfing both of these facts.

Ok here is the problem.

I know Jinnah said 15 august. But according to Islam the next day starts after fajr. Fajr is a time little before sun rise so it means until you don't see blue light on sky the day is not changed it usually means 4:30 AM to 6:00 AM. It is the changing time of a day according to Islam so it was 14 august for muslims but british people change the day after 12 at night so its 15 august for them.

I don't know the exact time but it was most probably before 12 at night.

2 . in A Multi-Ethnic Society generally multiple national languages is the option to go . For E.g. Switzerland but yes 2nd points makes a bit of Sense . Only problem is that it was not a mother tongue of any province in Pakistan ....

There was a need for a language which everyone can understand.

But people are learning indigenous language in pakistan with their original script? Such as sindhi, punjabi , balochi along with urdu?

You are completely wrong here.

Now 90% can speak urdu. People can speak their mother tongues but very very few people can write them. And those who speak their regional languages can easily write urdu but they will fail to write their regional language.

Ok here is the problem.

I know Jinnah said 15 august. But according to Islam the next day starts after fajr. Fajr is a time little before sun rise so it means until you don't see blue light on sky the day is not changed it usually means 4:30 AM to 6:00 AM. It is the changing time of a day according to Islam so it was 14 august for muslims but british people change the day after 12 at night so its 15 august for them.

I don't know the exact time but it was most probably before 12 at night.

There was a need for a language which everyone can understand.

Nice Point . But how many years it took to realize this technicality . I mean when was it changed from 15th to 14th exactly . Any idea ?
Plus in Pakistan for Government purposes and work is English Calender used or Islamic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom