What's new

Turkiye-Pakistan Joint Production of T129 Attack Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozi2000

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
ANKARA - Pakistan and Turkey are expected to expand their cooperation in defence production and Prime Nawaz Sharif will discuss the possibility of joint production of fighter helicopters with his Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan.
Soon after his arrival in Ankara on a three-day official visit to Turkey, Premier Nawaz would undertake a visit to Turkish Aerospace Industries to witness demonstration of T-129 Advance Attack and Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopters.
If an understanding is reached, an MoU would be signed and later a high-ranking team of Pakistan Air Force comprising experts from Kamra Re-build Factory would undertake a visit to Ankara to look into the technical details involved in joint production of these helicopters.
Pakistan and Turkey are already cooperating in different fields of defence production and training of each others’ military personnel. But, Pakistan desperately needs such helicopters to enhance its capability to carry out operations in Fata region to target terrorist hideouts.
T-129 is the result of the integration of nationally developed avionics and weapon systems by Turkey on to the combat proven Agusta Westland A-129 airframe, with upgraded engines, transmission and rotor blades. This helicopter is designed to meet the demanding requirements of armed forces. Optimised for “hot & high” environments and having considerable fire-power, T-129 is the most efficient Attack Helicopter in its class.
T-129 in fact has two versions. T-129A is the “combat support” version capable of carrying 500 ea 20mm gun rounds and up to 76 guided or unguided 2.75” rockets. T-129B is the “multi-role” version equipped with the leading edge electronic warfare systems and capable to carry a payload of 8 anti-tank missiles, 12 guided 2.75” rockets, 2 air-to-air missiles and 500 rounds, simultaneously.

Pak-Turkish pact on Turkish Attack Helicopter T129 ATAK on cards

Dear turkish brothers was MOU signed on this on yesterday or not I mean of helicopter

Dear turkish brothers was MOU signed on this on yesterday or not I mean of helicopter
There is no news about that,maybe in the coming days they will make a statement.

No hard feeling don't want Pakistan to spend more on a new gunship platform which costs $35m which interprets into Pak 367 million rupees per gunship helicopter...imagine... We need to invest in Energy sector and spent on common people its too early maybe after 2020.

Joint production will be fine . But too expensive for Pakistan at 35 Million a piece. More expensive than J-10B Jets.
Not a comparison as one is a fighter Jet and other an attack helo. But First things first. Chinese Made the jet for Pakistan and Pakistan never bought it from them.

Respected fellows,
why we are not going with WZ10A Chines attack helicopter ? which is much advance and cheaper ?

its too early to say if this deal will go through.

Respected fellows,
why we are not going with WZ10A Chines attack helicopter ? which is much advance and cheaper ?

The current early model may be inferior, but the initial variant which will be delivered later on (with the older models upgraded to this to) is equaly, if not better, then the WZ-10. The advanctac of the current model is that its build to hunt for terrorist in "high-n-hot" regions and that its cheaper. Pakistan can always upgrade them to the initial variant whenever they want.

Guys Guys Chill out. I have an information that The recently purchased acre's of land for PAC will have an complete dedicated part for Helicopters and some new equipement will be purchased to design Choppers and do Overhauling with the help of Computer Based Systems. This shows that Buying this chopper with 35mn $ is not bad at TOT cause it will further enhance the capability of PAC to build choppers and designs like K8,mushshak and jf17.

Pakistan armed forces wasn't interested in z10 or chinese choppers due to lack of heavy armour protection as compared to ah1 cobra it has little or no difference of protection against heavy bore AA's wont last long. But This turkish piece and I think agusta westland have some similarities in armour. It is not that it will survive AA gun fire but will give some more time even after hit to get aside before getting anymore hits.

ARAZ

its too early to say if this deal will go through.

Sir If nawaz had visited that place it only means one thing that we have almost final ed the deal other wise nawaz would have went their

Whatever Pakistan goes for either T-129 or WZ-10, both are awesome looking choppers and equally deadly, but i hope that it turns out to be good deal for Pakistan in case of T-129 because Turks are too close to US and we are always ditched by US Allies. (I hope my Turk bros don't mind it).
I hope that Turks won't let us down just because of USA.

Sir If nawaz had visited that place it only means one thing that we have almost final ed the deal other wise nawaz would have went their

Not true, Musharraf visited J-10 facility, but that deal is not even close to being finalised.

Not true, Musharraf visited J-10 facility, but that deal is not even close to being finalised.
Sir according to my information it is almost Sir and they can arrive by next year

Ist there any flight demonstration of T-129 ? can it do a vertical loop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom