What's new

Turkish reconnaissance UAV ready for use

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Turkish reconnaissance UAV ready for use

A Turkish reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) Anka which has been designed in-house, carried out ​​its first successful two-hour test flight and is now ready for use, the Zaman newspaper reports.

The Turkish Armed Forces plans to use the UAV Anka in combating terrorism. Earlier, Turkish Defence Minister Ismet Yilmaz said tthe UAV will go into service in 2012 and will be used in military operations from April.

Work to create Anka was launched in 2004. The project involved 180 engineers. The UAV is a first for Turkey in the development field.

Turkish reconnaissance UAV ready for use - Trend

will be in service 2nd half of 2012 ihope they will fix landing problems.

I've already mentioned that the landing is making me nervous, I'd demand a more severe testing than 2 hours.

At least 100 days testing, 5 hours flight on average, 0,8 % error margin (4 hours downtime due to error etc.). is that too much.

Turkish Proud Women Anka engineers crying After succesfull test flight of their huge babies...

anka.jpg

They post photo of Global Hawk, what an amateurish news outlet, and hence not reliable

They post photo of Global Hawk, what an amateurish news outlet, and hence not reliable

You know what, I agree you on that it's not reliable, where are the turkish flags, and where are the military officers of representatives ?

what part of this except the last part where they clap, says it's turkish ?

Too many cut scenes imo.

Article is a non-sense article and shows turkish media illiteracy over military industry. The test shows that Anka can reach designed altitude and navigate in a fair conditions and manage to land without crash landing somehow. Experts are still taking measurements and doing calibration of the plane. they have more than half of a year to make final tuning and may be flight simulator for pilot training (from a speculation in a turkish forum). So we all have to patient and see the results. We need to be objective and be not too happy or to detrimental. I recommend
archdemon to not to take article too seriously but i also need to add that Anka most probably going to be all function at
expected date. And also dont take me very seriously i am also just a military enthusiastic who read the forums and some journals.

regards

The real challenge for all unmanned systems is Automation, to build an airframe is relatively easy, many countries can design and manufacture airframe, but only few can make it autonomous, the key technology is in hardware and software of controls, data-link is also big challenge which is the most important aspect for the mission.
So Anka yet to pas the final test which is automatic takeoff and landing, goodluck

Back
Top Bottom