What's new

Turkish MP: NATO missile system in Turkey aimed at protecting Israel

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A Turkish opposition lawmaker has said the principal reason for the deployment of NATO’s missile system in Turkey is to protect the Israeli regime.

Turkish People’s Republican Party (CHP) representative to the parliament from the Malatya Province, where the NATO missile system is deployed, described the system as an “American scheme” aimed at protecting the Tel Aviv regime and guaranteeing its security in the Middle East region, saying that the plan is not at all linked to Turkish people and the country’s national security.

The opposition parliamentarian slammed the "dual policy" of the Turkish government in the region, saying that on the one hand it claims to defend people’s rights in face of oppressive governments, but, on the other hand, it acts from behind the scenes as an element of global powers in protecting the existence of the Israeli regime.

The Turkish lawmaker also emphasized that all of the country’s political parties, except the ruling Justice and Development Party, are opposed to the deployment of NATO’s missile system in Turkey.

In March, Turkish opposition parties brought extra pressure on the government over its decision to host the missile system in Malatya. Several opposition lawmakers submitted written questions about the system, urging the government to bring the issue before the parliament for approval.

Turkish MP: NATO missile system in Turkey aimed at protecting Israel « The Ugly Truth

Frankly speaking, this theory does not even make much sense. How would this ABM then protect Israel from Iranian missiles, being stationed in Turkey?

Its more like protecting Israel from European/Russian missiles! Now that's ridiculous...

260cvgx.png

I am pretty sure Israel has some good stuff in her arsenal to protect herself rather than relying on radar stations which stationed on other countries..The MP`s declaration is another classic Turkish internal politics fuss if you ask me

Frankly speaking, this theory does not even make much sense. How would this ABM then protect Israel from Iranian missiles, being stationed in Turkey?

Its more like protecting Israel from European/Russian missiles! Now that's ridiculous...

scr_110307-N-5292M-034.jpg

this is the answer

but I agree with BronzePlaque "Israel has some good stuff in her arsenal to protect herself rather than relying on radar stations which stationed on other countries.."

As far as I know Israel is developing their own missile shield plus the allready existing systems and the fact that Iranian missiles are probably rubbish according to some reports.

As far as I know Israel is developing their own missile shield plus the allready existing systems and the fact that Iranian missiles are probably rubbish according to some reports.

lol

Iranian missiles are becoming better every year. By 2020 the CEP of Iranian missiles will be very close to Western missiles. Why do you think Iran is trying so hard to send 400-500 kg sats to orbit? We're spending half of Turkey's defence budget on our space industry alone. Once we have our own GPS sats in space, the game will be over for Israel.

Here's more from Dr. Uzi Rubin (former head of Israel's Missile Defense Organization)
fast forward to 24:00

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, yes! turkics must make this knowledge public lest the jews didn't already know. i mean, what honor! and what rich reward might just await the turkic nation!

lol

Iranian missiles are becoming better every year. By 2020 the CEP of Iranian missiles will be very close to Western missiles. Why do you think Iran is trying so hard to send 400-500 kg sats to orbit? We're spending half of Turkey's defence budget on our space industry alone. Once we have our own GPS sats in space, the game will be over for Israel.

Here's more from Dr. Uzi Rubin (former head of Israel's Missile Defense Organization)

No offence but first you have to develop those satellites and send them to space and even if you have done this by 2020 you still don't know how much of it is propaganda and how much of it is truth. Same goes for Turkey developments.
Anyway I didn't mean to derail this, my point is Israel does not need the NATO missile shield because its equipped well enough.

No offence but first you have to develop those satellites and send them to space and even if you have done this by 2020 you still don't know how much of it is propaganda and how much of it is truth. Same goes for Turkey developments.
Anyway I didn't mean to derail this, my point is Israel does not need the NATO missile shield because its equipped well enough.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

NORAD has confirmed all of Iran's launches so far. Iran's first launch was in 09, which was a fail. Both Iran's space agency and NORAD confirmed. The next 3 were all successful, again all confirmed by NORAD. Iran's next launch will be on the 23rd of this month (so a few days from now) and it will be Iran's heaviest indigenously launched sat yet, at 60 kgs. The goal is to have an SLV capable of sending heavy sats ready by 2015-16. The sat is the easy part. By 2020 it's almost certain that Iran could send its own heavy sats. Again, watch that video if you actually need more information.

yes, yes! turkics must make this knowledge public lest the jews didn't already know. i mean, what honor! and what rich reward might just await the turkic nation!

what you talking about dude?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

NORAD has confirmed all of Iran's launches so far. Iran's first launch was in 09, which was a fail. Both Iran's space agency and NORAD confirmed. The next 3 were all successful, again all confirmed by NORAD. Iran's next launch will be on the 23rd of this month (so a few days from now) and it will be Iran's heaviest indigenously launched sat yet, at 60 kgs. The goal is to have an SLV capable of sending heavy sats ready by 2015-16. The sat is the easy part. By 2020 it's almost certain that Iran could send its own heavy sats. Again, watch that video if you actually need more information.
What I was trying to say is concerning the topic: Israel does not need the NATO missile shield.

You know the important thing here is not why the missile shield was built there, but rather who is in control of it, which also menas the information flow. We've been over this before in earlier threads so no need to go back on this.

However I'm very curious to know the nationality/diversity of the staff maintaining and using the equipment for monitoring. I know Turkey has a ranking general at the place of operation.

lol

Do you know How much money Turkey spends for defence annually?

Back
Top Bottom