What's new

Turkish Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@baykus

From the military part there are others who are more informed then me.

But for the study part. In case you want to do service as an officer after you finish you'r study. You'll have to get an equality document from YOK bilkent/ankara. It's quite the hassle though. But you will have an Turkish university diploma in the end. (if you'r planning to emigrate to Turkey you have to do this anways)

@baykus

From the military part there are others who are more informed then me.

But for the study part. In case you want to do service as an officer after you finish you'r study. You'll have to get an equality document from YOK bilkent/ankara. It's quite the hassle though. But you will have an Turkish university diploma in the end. (if you'r planning to emigrate to Turkey you have to do this anways)

Sounds interesting. Any idea how long that procedure would take? Moving back to Turkey and work there could be something I'd think about doing, so it might be well worth "translating" my Swedish diploma.

Vallaha kardes Turk burokrasi bu. Vatandasin anasini aglatmadan is yapmamak birinci ilkeleridir.

Yurtd

Senin egitiminin denkligine dayali bilgiyi Isvec'te bulunan Turk elciliginden ala bilirsin.

Turk elciligi bilgi vermiyorsa ya'da yetersiz buluyorsan. Direk yuksekogretim kurulu baskaligini araya bilir veya mail ata bilirisn.

Adres:
Yükseköğretim Kurulu Başkanlığı

06539 Bilkent

Ankara-Türkiye

E-Posta:
webadmin@yok.gov.tr

Telefon:
+90 (312) 298 70 00
Fax:
+90 (312) 266 47 59

Baykuş;4309966 said:
Brothers, while we are at it I'll go ahead and ask a question regarding the same subject (military conscription, that is);

I'm in my twenties and currently study software engineering at university level in Sweden where I was born & raised. I got dual citizenship so I'm technically liable for military service in both Sweden and Turkey. But since Sweden has adopt a professional military and a Swedish male no longer has to enlist, one could say that I'm only liable for military service in Turkey. Besides the fact that Sweden no longer has any obligatory conscription and that I most likely would get rejected (due to medical and juridical reasons..) if I were to apply for it, I have always wanted to serve in Turkey if I had to choose. Now what I've planned is to finish my studies and then either 1) immediately enlist in Turkey or 2) get some work experience and some practical use of my education before enlisting in Turkey. Which of the two options would you recommend me to go for?

Mate, if you want to do your military service, after you graduate, be done with it ASAP..If you start working, its really hard to give a break from the work for military service...But dont get me wrong, i have friends who started to work first and then did their military service and they were fine with it...Its just my personal opinion...But do your career planning after graduation

Baykuş;4309966 said:
1. I've not got the most healthiest mind; I suffer from some mental sicknesses (plural) and have got to take some medicines to keep it balanced up there. Nothing too "dangerous" or so. Now, since I've not got my medical record in Turkey and they don't know about what I've been diagnosed with back here, is there any chance for me to "slip in" without getting rejected because of my health issues? Don't get me wrong, I do want to wear my uniform and I would gladly even be sent to the SE parts if that would mean that I could put down a tango or two. But I'm afraid to get denied to serve my country

Well here, doctors do not strictly follow up diagnosis procedure..I can give you my example..I went to doctor, he asked me if i have a serious health condition..I said no, then he checked my eyes and i had a full body control...It took about 20 minutes..And thats about it...But, if you have a mental condition, you need to tell them..Its for your own good..This military service is not like what you see on tvs..There might be some assholes or some grumpy commanders who might push your buttons, thus may be trigger your mental sickness..So, if i were you i would absuletly tell my condition

Baykuş;4309966 said:
2. Is there still a chance as a non-professional soldier to get positioned at the "front line" and hunt tangos or has that enjoyment been left for the professionals?

You are a software engineer, born in Sweden, most probably your Turkish sucks too :D So almost impossible...I would be surprised if you have your hands on a rifle..

Vallaha kardes Turk burokrasi bu. Vatandasin anasini aglatmadan is yapmamak birinci ilkeleridir.

Yurtd

Senin egitiminin denkligine dayali bilgiyi Isvec'te bulunan Turk elciliginden ala bilirsin.

Turk elciligi bilgi vermiyorsa ya'da yetersiz buluyorsan. Direk yuksekogretim kurulu baskaligini araya bilir veya mail ata bilirisn.

Adres:
Yükseköğretim Kurulu Başkanlığı

06539 Bilkent

Ankara-Türkiye

E-Posta:
webadmin@yok.gov.tr

Telefon:
+90 (312) 298 70 00
Fax:
+90 (312) 266 47 59

Thank you brother! :) Hopefully it's not too much paper work..

Mate, if you want to do your military service, after you graduate, be done with it ASAP..If you start working, its really hard to give a break from the work for military service...But dont get me wrong, i have friends who started to work first and then did their military service and they were fine with it...Its just my personal opinion...But do your career planning after graduation

Well here, doctors do not strictly follow up diagnosis procedure..I can give you my example..I went to doctor, he asked me if i have a serious health condition..I said no, then he checked my eyes and i had a full body control...It took about 20 minutes..And thats about it...But, if you have a mental condition, you need to tell them..Its for your own good..This military service is not like what you see on tvs..There might be some assholes or some grumpy commanders who might push your buttons, thus may be trigger your mental sickness..So, if i were you i would absuletly tell my condition

You are a software engineer, born in Sweden, most probably your Turkish sucks too :D So almost impossible...I would be surprised if you have your hands on a rifle..

What splits me is if I will forget what I've studied if I enlist as soon as I get my diploma. By working a little first, I think that what I've learnt throughout my studies will get stitched to my memory and I'll have easier to get back to work after my military service is done. But I agree with what you say, I've friends that said that they would "earn some cash" before applying to university studies but most of them, if not all, got stuck and couldn't move on once they felt the smell of cash. Of course, I wouldn't really want to fall into the same trap.

I appreciate your worries, brother! But my mental sicknesses are more related to things in my past and it can't easily be manipulated from people outside of my skull. I get what you mean though. But I'm pretty sure that by enlisting I would do myself a favor as well, because getting away from my regular life is what I need. Too bad that our army don't got any use for başıbozuk:s anymore :D
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basibozuk

To be honest, my Turkish is pretty good compared to the average Swedish Turks'. Most of us usually communicate as Neanderthals with poor skills in both languages. Luckily, I manage to speak Swedish, Turkish and English good enough to express myself. The reason that I'm writing in English here though is because that I'm too used for my current keyboard layout and that it's too much work to figure out which buttons that maps to I, İ, Ş, Ç and Ğ :P

I've actually had a couple of rifles in my hands; some veteran AK-47 and M-16 when I visited a shooting range in Vietnam as a tourist and also some hunting rifles in Turkey. But the most lethal thing I've ever had in my hands in Sweden must have been a frying pan or a butter knife as we've got very strict rules regarding weapons here. The only weapon you can openly carry here are the two limbs that are attached to the upper part of your torso ;)

Baykuş;4309966 said:
Brothers, while we are at it I'll go ahead and ask a question regarding the same subject (military conscription, that is);

I've not got the most healthiest mind; I suffer from some mental sicknesses (plural) and have got to take some medicines to keep it balanced up there. Nothing too "dangerous" or so. Now, since I've not got my medical record in Turkey and they don't know about what I've been diagnosed with back here, is there any chance for me to "slip in" without getting rejected because of my health issues?

I don't think you will face any problems. Unless you suffer from a great physical condition there would be no problem.

Baykuş;4309966 said:
Don't get me wrong, I do want to wear my uniform and I would gladly even be sent to the SE parts if that would mean that I could put down a tango or two. But I'm afraid to get denied to serve my country :undecided:

Bro..... Before the military service, i loved my country, army and i used to be a nationalist person infact my grandfather is a Korean War veteran. So before going to service, i was like " I will go anywhere, i will join any corps, if i go to SE parts so be it , i will fvck them..."

After the military service, I was like " fvck the army and anything related to it ". So don't be so eager. You don't know what you are gonna face in army and you are coming from Sweden.... it will be a huge shock for you.

Baykuş;4309966 said:
2. Is there still a chance as a non-professional soldier to get positioned at the "front line" and hunt tangos or has that enjoyment been left for the professionals?

Your best possible chance to enter hot action is to enlist as a " Asteğmen ".

While filling your forms, there is an option box saying " I want to be a Commando ", select that as well.

I will guarantee that you will regret your choice for 12 months :)

Gören-1 Gunship projesi ne durumda yeni bilgiler varmi?

Savunma Sanayi Bütçesine 50 Milyar Lira 18 May

SAVUNMA SANAYİ BÜTÇESİNE 50 MİLYAR LİRA

Ekonomi - 18 Mayıs 2013 11:41

Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı (SSM) tarafından sözleşmeye bağlanmış projelerin tutarı, son 5 yılda yüzde 85 artarak 45 milyar 387 milyon liraya ulaştı.

SSM'nin sözleşmesi imzalanmış bazı büyük projeleri ve bedelleri şöyle:

Proje Sözleşme bedeli

--------------- -----------------

Müşterek Taarruz Uçağı (JSF) 16.000.000.000 Dolar

ATAK Helikopteri 3.300.000.000 Dolar

Yeni Tip Denizaltı 2.060.000.000 Avro

A400M Ulaştırma Uçağı 1.332.000.000 Avro

M60 Tank Modernizasyonu 687.500.000 Dolar

ALTAY Milli Tank 494.000.000 Dolar

Sea Hawk Deniz Helikopteri 557.269.757 Dolar

Mayın Avlama Gemisi 625.000.000 Dolar

MİLGEM 127.800.000 Dolar

Yeni Tip Karakol Botu 402.000.000 Avro

Amfibi Gemi 391.250.000 Avro

Ilginc, M60' larin modernize edilmesine Altay projesinden fazla para harcanmis.

http://www.dunya.com/bursayi-10-yilda-turkiyenin-savunma-sanayi-ussu-yapacagiz-192126h.htm

Bursa'yı 10 yılda Türkiye'nin savunma sanayi üssü yapacağız

http://www.haberler.com/turkiye-ile-suudi-arabistan-arasinda-savunma-4654188-haberi/

Türkiye ile Suudi Arabistan Arasında Savunma Sanayi İşbirliği Anlaşması

Cumhurbaşkanı Abdullah Gül ile Suudi Arabistan Krallığı Veliahtı, Başbakan Birinci Yardımcısı ve Savunma Bakanı Prens Salman bin Abdülaziz Al Suud huzurunda, iki ülke arasında savunma sanayi işbirliği anlaşması imzalandı.

Did anyone happen to see Eurovision song contest a few days ago? What did you think of Azerbaijans song.
Personally I think it lacked everything to become #2 this year and the fact that it won two years ago, a song that also lacked everything to become #1 arouse my suspiscion that Azerbaijan might be bribing these countries of eastern europe and Balkan that seem to often give 12points to azeri songs. What do people think in Azerbaijan?

Did anyone happen to see Eurovision song contest a few days ago? What did you think of Azerbaijans song.
Personally I think it lacked everything to become #2 this year and the fact that it won two years ago, a song that also lacked everything to become #1 arouse my suspiscion that Azerbaijan might be bribing these countries of eastern europe and Balkan that seem to often give 12points to azeri songs. What do people think in Azerbaijan?

Well to be honest i dont follow Eurovision...And i dont know if those Azerbaijan songs were good or not..But Eurovision is totally not a song contest..People dont vote for the song, they vote for the country they like...Its all political...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom