What's new

Turkish Army Inducts Missile With 200-km Range

Ottoman-Smack

Reaction score
ANKARA Turkey has successfully completed development of a ground-to-ground missile with a range of 200 kilometers that has now entered the Army inventory, said Nihat Ergunm, the countrys science, industry and technology minister.

Tubitak [Turkish scientific research organization)] has completed the 200-kilometer stand-off munitions [testing], and the system has entered the inventory of the Army, Ergun told reporters.

Now, the next target is 500 kilometers, he said. We have the technology to develop this missile. It finds the target making use of the GPS technology and ground maps.

Tubitak officials said earlier this year that the countrys High Board of Technology was developing capabilities in this area following a request from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

In addition to hosting a NATO radar to detect an early launch of long-range missiles by a rogue state, Turkey seems committed to boosting its local missile-related industry.

Last year, Turkeys largest defense company, Aselsan, penned an approximately $1 billion contract to sell low- and medium-altitude air defense systems to the Turkish military. This is the largest single contract awarded to a local company in recent years. Under the contract, Aselsan will develop all radar, fire control, command-and-control and communication systems for both the low- and medium-altitude components of the program. Missile heads and data links will also be developed by Aselsan.

There is also an international tender to buy the countrys first long-range air and missile defense system, worth $4 billion.

A U.S. partnership of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin is competing for the Turkish contest with Patriot air and missile defense systems. Other competitors are the Italian-French Eurosam, proposing its SAMP/T Aster 30; Russias Rosoboronexport, marketing the S300; and Chinas Precision Machinery Export-Import Corp., offering its HQ-9

Turkish Army Inducts Missile With 200-km Range | Defense News | defensenews.com

It is SOM variant Ground to ground cruise missile. Tubitak's main interest area...

congrtz... Btw what is the longest range of missile Turkey has.?

congrtz... Btw what is the longest range of missile Turkey has.?

This ain't ballistic its cruise missile, longest missile I think is Yıldırım missile I think 800km range. Working on longer range cruise missile

Can't we buy some of the greek islands and use them for target practice :) joke aside.

I think this is a very good step forward. if the 200 km missile is in the turkish inventory, do we also know how many of them (minimum) we have.

I am thinking on where we'll have these in place, in Southeast, northeast, southwest etc.

Can't we buy some of the greek islands and use them for target practice :) joke aside.

I think this is a very good step forward. if the 200 km missile is in the turkish inventory, do we also know how many of them (minimum) we have.

I am thinking on where we'll have these in place, in Southeast, northeast, southwest etc.

200km is short range for ground to ground, we have SOM cruise which we can use from air, we need longer cruise missile

congrats to turkey over this great achievement

range of SOM is 300 km , so 200km for ground to ground is low we should work to 1000km

turaf_som.jpg

It is SOM variant Ground to ground cruise missile. Tubitak's main interest area...

Cabatli just a question, There have been spotting of BMCs 8x8 Trucks near syrian border, Could it mean these missiles are mounted on these ?...

Do you have any image bro ?

I took screenshots but dont know how i can upload them, Ill just give the link to the video.... You can see them a little blury in the background (Sh!tty quality) But looking at the pointy frontal shape of the Truck shows me this is the BMC 8x8...

At 00:13 - 00:51 - 01:01

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know bro. I couldn't even realize the BMC's 8x8 trucks in video...

I don't know bro. I couldn't even realize the BMC's 8x8 trucks in video...

Yeah the sh!tty Quality really makes it hard to ID this Truck but at the 01:01 you can clearly see its a BMC 8x8 if my eyes are not deceiving me...

Back
Top Bottom