What's new

Turkish admiral visits India

Lipizzaner_Stallion

Reaction score
Admiral E Murat Bilgel, commander of the Turkish Naval Forces, is in India for a five-day visit to enhance bilateral defence cooperation.

r4IPd.jpg

Don't hope too much from this visit outcoming from this visit..would be nothing It seems to be mere a casual visit

Its good to have friendly relations with all the 3 major muslim powers , the turks , Iranians and the Arabians . Clever play ;)

Having Iran and Turkey and Arabs in the same basket requires heavy balancing act. :D

If we can balance Russia and USA (since CW), Israel & Muslims, Vietnam and China all together despite their contradictions, I think Chanakya taught us very well. :)

Despite being non-Muslims, we can built excellent and far better ties with all the three than Pakistan ever could.

If we can balance Russia and USA (since CW), Israel & Muslims, Vietnam and China all together despite their contradictions, I think Chanakya taught us very well. :)

Despite being non-Muslims, we can built excellent and far better ties with all the three than Pakistan ever could.

Obviously after the breakdown of USSR, US shelved their fear about pan-communism of Asia. And opening up our market to westerners was another major step towards normalizing relations with US. And i feel, our relationship with Russia was merely the momentum carried forward from the USSR era, they failed to address our concerns with due priority quite few times. While US seems to be too prompt to gain the lost Russian space in Indian foreign relationships.

Obviously after the breakdown of USSR, US shelved their fear about pan-communism of Asia. And opening up our market to westerners was another major step towards normalizing relations with US. And i feel, our relationship with Russia was merely the momentum carried forward from the USSR era, they failed to address our concerns with due priority quite few times. While US seems to be too prompt to gain the lost Russian space in Indian foreign relationships.

That would be difficult because there was some degree of strong trust between us and the Soviet regime. With US, it is more like common interests, good business and aligned interests rather than a personal touch.

That would be difficult because there was some degree of strong trust between us and the Soviet regime. With US, it is more like common interests, good business and aligned interests rather than a personal touch.

If some source are to be trusted, US offered us a joint project for a jet trainer aircraft to replace their T-38s, that's a sure sign of melting ice between the two countries.

And the Soviet commies are long gone, their relation with India hasn't stopped them from selling RD-93 engines to Pakistan. They are now seeking more customers at the cost of their relations to keep their factories running, as most of their allies are bankrupt or have stringent sanctions on.

Turkey is heavily tilted towards Pakistan, not possible.

Was, time is surely changing. They needs more business opportunities and a market of the size India can surely serves their purpose well.

Erdogan is a visionary, he's controlling the Turkish economy well.

Was, time is surely changing. They needs more business opportunities and a market of the size India can surely serves their purpose well.

Erdogan is a visionary, he's controlling the Turkish economy well.

Till now I don't see any new sign of change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom