What's new

Turkey's Erdogan Visits Iran to Improve Ties After Split Over Syria

Well this is interesting it seems everyone wants to cash in on Iran since sanctions have eased, lol come to think of it now I realize the magnitude in which they were losing billions a year.

Iran is a large and lucrative market. We have not seen anything yet.
The core sanctions (central bank, oil and gas) still remain in place, but there is a chance that the sanctions regime will gradually erode and other countries (like Turkey) will not fully comply with the sanctions.

Well this is interesting it seems everyone wants to cash in on Iran since sanctions have eased, lol come to think of it now I realize the magnitude in which they were losing billions a year.

I have seen Iran's photos during 70s..... country looked more developed and modern than Turkey at that time.

I won't go in deep much but i think Iranians hold their future in their hands.

if agreements are made it can be beneficial to the region - especially with regard to the ongoing DISASTER in Syria and neighbour countries where there's been fallout

Iran and Turkey need to work together to remove Al-Qaeda and stem similar terrorist groups from expanding.

every country between Maghreb and Indonesia needs to work together to finish off this cancerous political terrorist ideology

Historically, it was the Ottoman Turks that limited the Safavids' power and expansion in the region. The whole Safavids dynasty was about to be eliminated early at the Battle of Chaldiran in 1514.

The snake’s head Ismael I has led the Safavid's army into a humiliating defeat and was severally injured in the battle and was about to be killed. His wife was captured by the Ottoman army.

Chaldiran's battle field.
486px-Chaldiran_Battlefield_Site_in_2004.JPG

Historically, it was the Ottoman Turks that limited the Safavids' power and expansion in the region. The whole Safavids dynasty was about to be eliminated early at the Battle of Chaldiran in 1514.

The snake’s head Ismael I has led the Safavid's army into a humiliating defeat and was severally injured in the battle and was about to be killed. His wife was captured by the Ottoman army.

View attachment 14739

Safavid-Ottoman rivalry is something between oghuz turks, ie Azeris and turkish turks. I don't see any place for you to meddle into it. Anyway, their rivalry was about gaining more political power and trying to capture more lands. Generally, turks, do not have such a sectarian based mindset. your obsession about us is very clear. You always try to bring terms such as Safavids, kazakhs, central asians, ottomans, ... . Are you still a$$-hurt from us, turks, after all these years? :lol::lol::lol: grow up dude.. :disagree:

Safavid-Ottoman rivalry is something between oghuz turks, ie Azeris and turkish turks. I don't see any place for you to meddle into it. Anyway, their rivalry was about gaining more political power and trying to capture more lands. Generally, turks, do not have such a sectarian based mindset. your obsession about us is very clear. You always try to bring terms such as Safavids, kazakhs, central asians, ottomans, ... . Are you still a$$-hurt from us, turks, after all these years? :lol::lol::lol: grow up dude.. :disagree:
Luckily today there is no riveraly between Azeri Turks and Anatolian Turks. even I n those times. They didn't call themselves Safavid or Ottoman or Tatar or Turkmen. They were all called Turks. Only after Russian and other imperialism they made these distinctive terms to seperatist great Turkestan. I guess after all this suffering under foreign rule the Turkics finally understand they need each other.
Turkic Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/TÜRKSOY

Last time Turks united they almost ruled whole of Eurasia.the funny thing is Kazakhstan and other Russian influenced Turkic countries seeks Turkic unity the most, while Turkey mostly concentrates on ME.

They later defeated Ottomans in many wars and took back the lost territories. There was always a balance of power between them. Ottomans won 4 major wars, Safavids won 4 major wars and others ended in stalemate.

Anyway, it seems they have succeeded in pissing off a large portion of ME population and also many here on PDF. So they have my respect. :lol:

The day Erdogan visited Iran, Turkish Army hit ISIL. I wonder if this is just a coincidence.

Turkey Returns Fire at Syria Militants' Targets

I would say it's just a coincidence. But it's too sad that the situation had to be like this. Nearly a year ago, I said on this forum that Erdogan is first endangering Turkey's national security by closing its eye on all those rebels and arms going to Syria from Turkish borders. Now just look how many of those arms have ended in ISIL hands and what a monster it has became, defeating other rebels like a charm. If only Erdogan had changed his policy regarding Syria at very first months, the situation could have been much different.

I have never used the terms "Kazakhs, Central Asians" at all. My posts are relatively few and I challenge you to quote me using these terms (though I don't think they are necessarily inappropriate).

I challenge you again to quote any anti-Turks sentiments that I have expressed in this forum. If you don't know, and despite any side effects that the long Ottoman rule brought, I give the Ottoman Turks so much credit for keeping the original religious fabric intact from the Safavids’ effect.

The Safavids brought a unique miracle into our world. They let the most hateful race against Arabs, namely Persians, religiously adopt the most glorifying Arab ideology in human history, namely the (Twelver Shia'sim). Please read few pages from Bihar Al Anwar that was written by a Persian man at the Safavids’ time to see what I mean. He narrated some of the most amazing Arab glorifying stories when he talked about the 12 Imams’ characteristics.

Last edited:
Luckily today there is no riveraly between Azeri Turks and Anatolian Turks. even I n those times. They didn't call themselves Safavid or Ottoman or Tatar or Turkmen. They were all called Turks. Only after Russian and other imperialism they made these distinctive terms to seperatist great Turkestan. I guess after all this suffering under foreign rule the Turkics finally understand they need each other.
Turkic Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/TÜRKSOY

Last time Turks united they almost ruled whole of Eurasia.
:tup:
Safavids and Ottomans were the super powers of their times, no one dared to compete with them. Ottomans easily captured Europe to vienna doors, and north africa, and useful regions of arabian peninsula, and Nadir Shah, the Afsharid king and a former Safavid general, who is called the Second Alexander by westerners, captured India and central asia and kicked Russians a$$ in less than 10 years.:lol::lol::lol:
If they, Safavids and Ottomans cooperated in those times like spanish and Portuguese empires, instead of rivaling, we would maintain our power for a more long time. Anyway, fortunately, we have moved on and learnt from the history to be united with each other. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom