Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turkey to install 150MW power plant in Punjab: Shahbaz

1-2-2011_76692_l.jpg

Updated at: 1723 PST, Sunday, January 02, 2011
LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif said on Sunday that he would take up gas loadshedding issue with Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani at the earliest.

"A 150 Mega Watt power plant would be installed in Punjab with technical support from Turkey in order to overcome the current power crisis in the province", he said while talking to mediamen after his return from Turkey and London visits at the Allama Iqbal International Airport here.

To a question regarding his official visit to Turkey, the Chief Minister said that the Punjab government signed multiple agreements with the Turkish government in various fields like environment, education and trade. "The Turkish government would set up a university in Lahore while Fateh University Istanbul would provide technical assistance for the improvement of education sector under a recently signed memorandum of understanding (MoU)", Shahbaz responded to a question.

He said the Punjab government offered 50 post-graduate and Ph.D scholarships to brilliant students from the province to pursue higher studies in the Fateh University while teachers would also go to Turkey under the teacher exchange programme.

Shahbaz said that an agreement had also been signed between the Punjab government as well as Istanbul Municipality under which the latter would provide technical assistance to the former adding that Solid Waste Management (SWM) and the Istanbul Municipality reached an agreement for provision of clean environment to people of Lahore.

He said various agreements were signed between the Punjab government and Turkish businessmen and traders organization Tuzkan to promote cooperation in trade, industry and other sectors.

Shahbaz said that Pakistan and Turkey shared time-tested friendship which was strengthened by centuries-old common cultural, historical as well as civilization ties adding that Pakistan and Turkey had stood every test of time in the past.

Terming his Turkish visit a great success, the Chief Minister said that he could never repay the love and sincerity which the Turkish people showered on him during his recent visit to Turkey.

do we know what kind of power plant?
i knew there were talking with turkish companies for green energy projects.

While the power plant is great more importantly

"The Turkish government would set up a university in Lahore while Fateh University Istanbul would provide technical assistance for the improvement of education sector under a recently signed memorandum of understanding (MoU)"

This is golden :tup:

assalam alaikum

Masha Allah i hope there would be more cooperation between muslim countries. Turky is developing and trying to help other friendly countries.

TURKY-PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD

TARIQ

Turkey is trying to unite with Muslim world :tup:
We should take their hand :)
Thankyou turkey, what else can I say?!

"The Turkish government would set up a university in Lahore while Fateh University Istanbul would provide technical assistance for the improvement of education sector under a recently signed memorandum of understanding (MoU)"

This is the best part. Thank you Turkey.
:yahoo:

i think punjab really needs more power plants(more than other states),last i heard it was one of the most productive states in pakistan and pakistans growth could be dealt a serious blow if punjab dosent recive enough power.

just my opinion

There is a power shortage in all Pakistan not just in Punjab.
and all Pakistan needs more power plants.

assalam alaikum

Masha Allah i hope there would be more cooperation between muslim countries. Turky is developing and trying to help other friendly countries.

TURKY-PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD

TARIQ

Though a word of advice, not all Turks appreciate overt religiosity - yes religion is something shared between Pakistanis and Turks, but cementing and expanding our relationship with them can only be done on the basis of shared interests - economic, cultural, democratic, geo-political etc.

Trying to pigeonhole the Turkish-Pak relationship into 'shared religion' alone is a disservice and likely not sustainable.

It should be Pakistan's top priority to add power to the national grid from any and every source at the moment. Though 150 MW may be a small portion to make up for the shortage but it is a step on the right direction and will also consoldate the Pakistan-Turkey Business Relations. Good news.

Thank you Turkey for helping my ancestral province of Punjab in Pakistan.

My relatives in Punjab, Pakistan and I appreciate all of Turkey's help.

Though a word of advice, not all Turks appreciate overt religiosity - yes religion is something shared between Pakistanis and Turks, but cementing and expanding our relationship with them can only be done on the basis of shared interests - economic, cultural, democratic, geo-political etc.

Trying to pigeonhole the Turkish-Pak relationship into 'shared religion' alone is a disservice and likely not sustainable.

Hello

Thanks for the advice, we dont share any border with turky like china, india ,iran or afghanistan what bind us with them is islam and what the ppl of sub continent did during the last days of khilafah i m sure the good will gesture of the subcontinent muslims was not for the purpose of the bolded part that u mentioned it was pure islamic.

Having said that i dont mind to build or grow relations with any country based on those bolded text

I took ur advice u also let me say something just dont be offended when u see the name of islam plz

Regards

TARIQ

Back
Top Bottom