What's new

Truth about Srilanka's disastrous foreign policy w.r.t India by a Srilankan

Sadly....the world doesn't work that way. The whole world was facing nuclear apocalypse bcs Soviets decided to keep some nukes in Cuba. Countries don't just easily allow other powers to 'invade' their sphere of influence and threaten their security.

The best you can do is to keep out of the 'power' games. Pursue your own independent policy..but if you plan to use other powers to play against India, you are treading dangerous territories.Do you want to be 'friends' with powers 10,000 miles away at the cot of India 100 miles away from you.

Sri Lankans can decide it who are actually "friends" with the activities in the past!

I don't see any issue at this moment with the relationship with we have with China. They have a strong development, and strong economy. cooperation with such a country we can learn something and move our country forward. Also China is the giant in the region, we can get some advantage from that too.

Most favorite and most important thing which Sri Lankans see about China, they have only less words but their country actually moving forward in all sections.

cool! As a Sri Lankan living in Sri Lanka I know most of people's feelings here. No one care about India and of course about China, most of Sri Lankans favorite country is Japan as far as I know. When people talk about India they just laugh, when talk about China, yeah we should follow China but we should not allow much freedom to them here etc etc.

And finally we are Sri Lankans, it's not a Cuba or North Korea! we have tons of elections here so people can select their political leaders as they wish. If our current president is not capable of developing the nation we know how to remove them. This is not India, this is Sri Lanka and it's style! ;) what do you say will you come next holiday here? :lol:

They certainy are becoming a laughing stock amongst nations for their Big Dreams. A Starving nation talking in such tone is ridiculous.

I really wish we did. After what the Lankan Army did to the tamil civilians, we should have sent our army in there and knock some sense into those lankans who think they are, through, some divine intervention, racially superior to the lankan tamils and hence they have the right to treat them as 2nd class citizens.

The Lankan Army is no better than the Pakistani Army of 1971. We should have treated them similarly.

We should really teach the lankans to live like human being.

Yes that was a shame. The Indian government should have intervened on behalf of the Tamils, knowing fully well that these people are related by language, religion and culture to another 70 million Tamils right across the border. I do believe this issue was raised up but Tamilnadu politicians but it probably fell on deaf ears.

Can't blame you guys alone for it though. My own government is guilty of arming both sides of the conflict and turned out billions in the process in profits.

Sri Lankans can decide it who are actually "friends" with the activities in the past!

I don't see any issue at this moment with the relationship with we have with China. They have a strong development, and strong economy. cooperation with such a country we can learn something and move our country forward. Also China is the giant in the region, we can get some advantage from that too.

Who is objecting to it? The problems comes when you decide to play China against India.

Most favorite and most important thing which Sri Lankans see about China, they have only less words but their country actually moving forward in all sections.

I don't know you came to this conclusion, but you are same like the Pakistanis here..you are so paranoid of India that you didn't care if China uses your country as a dumping yard for their goods.

They certainy are becoming a laughing stock amongst nations for their Big Dreams. A Starving nation talking in such tone is ridiculous.

Laughing Stock..not as much as Pakistan

Yes that was a shame. The Indian government should have intervened on behalf of the Tamils, knowing fully well that these people are related by language, religion and culture to another 70 million Tamils right across the border. I do believe this issue was raised up but Tamilnadu politicians but it probably fell on deaf ears.

Can't blame you guys alone for it though. My own government is guilty of arming both sides of the conflict and turned out billions in the process in profits.

And where you from ?

Who is objecting to it? The problems comes when you decide to play China against India.

I don't know you came to this conclusion, but you are same like the Pakistanis here..you are so paranoid of India that you didn't care if China uses your country as a dumping yard for their goods.

Laughing Stock..not as much as Pakistan

Truth Hurts !!!

Have we? India is the one who always see China as a devil.
Okay, let's say we have signed a security deal with China. so it's a deal with 2 countries, India hasn't a right to tell what Sri Lanka must do.

If we deal with India, it's a good decision but if we deal with China then it's dumping yard for their goods. lol

[/QUOTE]

If India didn't train that terror group in their soil we could have save more lives!

Indian trying to decide SL foreign policy...helloo..wake uup...SL is an independent country...

Have we? India is the one who always see China as a devil.
Okay, let's say we have signed a security deal with China. so it's a deal with 2 countries, India hasn't a right to tell what Sri Lanka must do.

True but we can 'persuade' you.

If we deal with India, it's a good decision but if we deal with China then it's dumping yard for their goods. lol

Pakistanis industry is badly damaged by large scale dumping of Chinese goods allowed under 'deeper than oceans, higher than mountains' FTA. SL will also suffer the same fate.

If India didn't train that terror group in their soil we could have save more lives!

You should have thought of it before offering naval bases to Americans.

Indian trying to decide SL foreign policy...helloo..wake uup...SL is an independent country...

Read the article carefully before commenting..it is written by a Srilankan MP.

I don't recall Sri Lanka making foreign policy disaster in recent past. w.r.t India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom