What's new

Tribals beaten up for worshipping Jesus Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another incident against Christians that occur almost daily in India. Particularly Bihar has become a graveyard for Christians. Also I would like to note that the attitude of most Indians over the rights of Christians within their own nation can often be a revelation of how much or how little most Indians really believe in secularism. I have noticed that the moment there is any talk of conversions to Christianity the Indians begin to balk and start getting all defensive.

The increasing attacks on Christians, including the Kandhamal riots which culminated in the murder of many, many innocent Christians are a case for the Indians to look at and understand the issue prevalent and their own attitudes towards them in India. Also I have noted previously that the mindset of most Indians is not secular but rather more communal. I have met a lot of Gujaratis. Not one of them has ever praised secularism.
Lol You kidding brah. I don't think Indians need to prove anything when it comes to secularism. A sikh Prime Minister, a hindu President and a muslim vice president. Lol wtf you want us to do?? It is 1 billion Indians who elect these people. If 10 hindu idiots hate christians then that is insignificant. Keep crying and whining we don't care what Pakistanis say or think. Not just Indians but aparantly no one in the world cares :lol:

If maybe you had read the article, you would have seen its not tribal vs tribal, and that the villagers are persecuting their OWN Christian villagers only.

The have already identified that as their motive as seen in the article posted by the Hindu one of India's most respected newspaper

Little Moji , Read the news again before commenting . Its Tribals vs Tribals . This time on Religion , Next time they will fight on a goat .

If Pakistanis get so frightened about a little fist-fight, they should probably stay away from Indian villages, they will get a heart attack if they see a drunken fight or marriage argument fight :lol:

Lol You kidding brah. I don't think Indians need to prove anything when it comes to secularism. A sikh Prime Minister, a hindu President and a muslim vice president. Lol wtf you want us to do?? It is 1 billion Indians who elect these people. If 10 hindu idiots hate christians then that is insignificant. Keep crying and whining we don't care what Pakistanis say or think. Not just Indians but aparantly no one in the world cares :lol:

Hmmm... but one person getting there does not mean the overall situation is great. For example 40% of the inmates in jail in India are Muslim while some say it has risen to 48%. Also in the past 5 years according to a report I have here:

How do you guys see this by the way?:

MUMBAI, INDIA (Worthy News)– Impoverished Christian villagers in India's western state of Maharashtra were refused water and firewood Tuesday, January 8, after a Hindu attack on their house church injured some 30 believers, a chief investigator told Worthy News.

Joseph Dias, secretary-general of Indian rights group Catholic-Christian Secular Forum (CSF), said the incidents are part of an ongoing Hindu campaign to intimidate minority Christians in Maharashtra's Thane Rural District.

Tensions have been rising since December 30 when up to 500 "Hindu nationalists" surrounded a house church in Tamsai village where dozens of Christian tribals gathered for a Sunday worship and New Year prayer service, Dias said.

"Suddenly the mob surrounded the place and asked the Christian villagers to stop the prayer service. Then about a dozen of them began beating the believers, including many women and children," he explained.

Casualties could have been higher but many Christians did not attend the gathering as they were threatened by "Hindutva fundamentalists", the words used for hardline Hindu nationalists, according to CSF investigators.

NO MEDICARE

Among those injured were 10 women, 5 children and 14 men, Christians said. "Most injuries were internal and [diagnostic] X-rays scans were advised, but the Christians are too poor to afford such medicare," Dias stressed.

Additionally, he said, "musical instruments were broken and Bibles were torn or desecrated" in the December 30 turmoil.

Rights activists claim the area has been "simmering" over the last two years, with Christians being targeted and local police allegedly looking the other way. None of the 14 suspects identified in the latest violence have been detained, Christians complained.

"Rather the Christians were given a warning notice by police not to give any cause for trouble or action would be taken against them," Dias claimed.

PUBLIC THREATS

In front of police "Hindutva fundamentalists openly threatened to attack the Christians and kill any pastor that came to lead the worship,"he said. No Sunday service took place in the house church following the December 30 attack.

Instead, Christian tribals reportedly gathered January 6 at the 'Voice of Holy Spirit House Church' in Vikramgad village, some 20 kilometers (12 miles) away from their homes.

There was no immediate reaction from police, however influential Hindu groups are known to wield power over authorities in rural communities.

Dias said Christians were advised to accept police protection during church services, but he cautioned they were unable to pay the 2,000 Indian rupees ($36) per officer.

Additionally, Christians are reportedly fearful of the police with the CSF "receiving complaints from believers of neighboring villages."

NO WATER

Dias said the latest refusal by non-Christians to provide water and firewood to believers in the area have added to concerns. "How can they survive?" he wondered.

Influential Hindus "also threatened to deny the Christians ration and government benefits, if they continued to pray in the village," Dias explained.

He said the authority in charges of the Tamsai and Pochade villages already organized a meeting "to impose economic sanctions, social boycott and restrictions on practicing of Christianity in the area."

CSF urged Christians to both "pray and act to protect the Christians from a bloodbath" in Tamsai and neighboring villages.

The tensions underscore mounting tensions in India, a heavily Hindu nation of over 1 billion people. Hindu groups have condemned the spread of Christianity among especially tribals and "Dalits", who are also known as "untouchables" as they are deemed the "lowest caste" in India's ancient system of Hinduism.

Is this because of Christians converting people? Whose fault is this?

If Pakistanis get so frightened about a little fist-fight, they should probably stay away from Indian villages, they will get a heart attack if they see a drunken fight or marriage argument fight :lol:

Indians get scared of seeing even bullet case

In Pakistani marriages everyone fires a couple of guns in the air

Indians get scared of seeing even bullet case

In Pakistani marriages everyone fires a couple of guns in the air

hahahahaha .... how to you fcuking fire a "couple of guns" in the air ?? You throw guns in the air or you put 'em in some stinger and fire 'em ??
what a kid !!

Now the tink tanks have resorted to posting unworty news sources called "worthy news service"..

Einstein was spot on..he must have been looking at these think thanks when he observed human stupidity has no limits.

Tribals beaten up by other Tribals might have been a more apt headline.

There is a reason why The Hindu is nowadays known as the Mount road Maoist rag.

A group of tribals beat up another group of tribals for god knows what reason and all the lefties start crying hindooooo fundamentalism. Duh..

Now the tink tanks have resorted to posting unworty news sources called "worthy news service"..

Einstein was spot on..he must have been looking at these think thanks when he observed human stupidity has no limits.

There is a reason why The Hindu is nowadays known as the Mount road Maoist rag.

A group of tribals beat up another group of tribals for god knows what reason and all the lefties start crying hindooooo fundamentalism. Duh..

Dude, if Zardari had been Indian Muslim and accused of corruption cases, the same Pakistani who criticize him day and night would have declared him victim of Hindu fundamentslist. :cheesy:

Thanks for avoiding the question. :D
Einstien wasn't born when PDF was born... the only person he could have looked at was Indians murdering their own people left and right due to them being minorities. Its a problem you have to solve but I don't see any attempts to do so... instead there are attempts at obfuscation.

@t Indians?
So basically no one should have the right to practice other than the majority? Is that secularism by the way. How do you define secularism? So a Christian converting a Hindu is wrong? Just some questions.

Thanks for avoiding the question. :D
Einstien wasn't born when PDF was born... the only person he could have looked at was Indians murdering their own people left and right due to them being minorities. Its a problem you have to solve but I don't see any attempts to do so... instead there are attempts at obfuscation.

@t Indians?
So basically no one should have the right to practice other than the majority? Is that secularism by the way. How do you define secularism? So a Christian converting a Hindu is wrong? Just some questions.

Coming from a Pakistani. :cheesy::cheesy:

Coming from a Pakistani. :cheesy::cheesy:

Pakistan, Pakistani, Pakistaniness, the moon, tall greys, Anakunni... that is not the subject of this discussion. Secularism and its proper functioning, violence against minorities, Christian rights is. Diverting the discussion won't solve the problem. If you guys suggested solutions I could have had a number of ideas that could be imported to Pakistan.

Issues minorities face across the world are largely the same. A solution found in one country may be effective in another. Hence my interest in this thread. The second one my commitment to secularism. Now what about the beaten up Christians? Is this the pastors fault in anyway according to anyone here?

This is another incident against Christians that occur almost daily in India. Particularly Bihar has become a graveyard for Christians. Also I would like to note that the attitude of most Indians over the rights of Christians within their own nation can often be a revelation of how much or how little most Indians really believe in secularism. I have noticed that the moment there is any talk of conversions to Christianity the Indians begin to balk and start getting all defensive.

The increasing attacks on Christians, including the Kandhamal riots which culminated in the murder of many, many innocent Christians are a case for the Indians to look at and understand the issue prevalent and their own attitudes towards them in India. Also I have noted previously that the mindset of most Indians is not secular but rather more communal. I have met a lot of Gujaratis. Not one of them has ever praised secularism.

coming from a pakistani.
anyways these bad instances do happen. Just keep our population in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom