What's new

Tribal lashkar that took out taliban headquarter (PICS)

I think then you dont know much about the tribals. Sunglasses and clean shaves are not very rare there. The pistol is German. it is called Germanay in local language and its very common and lethal. it costs around 70000 rupees. fires 15 shots, if remember correctly. and its is considered the most reliable.

I think then you dont know much about the tribals. Sunglasses and clean shaves are not very rare there. The pistol is German. it is called Germanay in local language and its very common and lethal. it costs around 70000 rupees. fires 15 shots, if remember correctly. and its is considered the most reliable.
Actually I don't, but thanks...

Also, Swat is not Waziristan. It has always been a more sophisticated and educated area. A swati will not look like your average waziri and vice versa.

in simple worlds its a ww2 german mouser a famous name but most people dont know how it looks

The pistol is locally made and is not Rs 70,000. More like 7,000 or even less. One can buy original AK47 for 25,000 to 35,000 so why pay 70,000 for a knock off of Mauser hand gun.

864ffa54917a871a56edb6a766f5d152.jpg

fa8f6ce02247f981e4b01adcadf60551.jpg

0cc0f0ad9e31549f3129a51f2367ec18.jpg

91a5043cdf124eea486d9d8f4d341d52.jpg

7fef650fc2457255c79569324b322db1.jpg

I believe people are trying to say by "sophisticated" that these gentlemen seem well groomed (look at neatly combed hair), clean clothes, upright posture, i.e. all the qualities you'd expect from well educated folks. :) Impressive and beautiful photos. Any Pakistani on this forum who is more knowledgeable about the ground situation of the Taleban care to comment? Would rather listen to views from native pakistani than zionist BBC-CNN-Fox-CBC-CBS-.... :smokin:

there is no such thing as one 'tribal look'

people of different agencies can look different. I also think its silly to say 'too sophisticated to be tribal'

this is a very silly attitude

despite all the hardships, these men are still patriots who have the balls to stand up against the extremists and terrorists.

It's time everybody in the country did that....

too bad we don't have Army draft system in Pakistan....

we joke about the Swatis (in a loving manner)

they arent really fighters the way some of the Mehsudi Waziris are. Every Agency has its own dynamics and local cultures.

Pakhtuns are the backbone of defence of Pakistan.

hm.. nobody seem to notice 13 yr old boy!!! How wise is it to arm civilians to fight!? It is job of army/paramilitary/police to provide protection. No? It make sense, If they are army regulars disguised as civilians to fight Taliban. Only time will say if they give up arms once taliban is out, otherwise it is another monster in making. But arming 13 yr old boy doent make any sense.

hm.. nobody seem to notice 13 yr old boy!!! How wise is it to arm civilians to fight!? It is job of army/paramilitary/police to provide protection. No? It make sense, If they are army regulars disguised as civilians to fight Taliban. Only time will say if they give up arms once taliban is out, otherwise it is another monster in making. But arming 13 yr old boy doent make any sense.

May not make sense to a western mind or to an Indian but it is part of not only Pushtun culture but also Pakistani culture in general.

Mauser C96 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mauser C96 (Construktion 96)[2] is a semi-automatic pistol that was originally produced by German arms manufacturer Mauser from 1896 to 1937[3] Unlicensed copies of the gun were also manufactured in Spain and China in the first half of the 20th century.[3][4]

Approximately 1 million C96 pistols were manufactured by Mauser alone,[7] with the number produced in Spain and China being large but unknown due to the loss, non-existence, or poor upkeep of production records from those countries.[3]

As for some of the "tribals" looking to sophisticated, if you think back Jana droped a hint that a few military types might just be dropping by the lashkar to offer a little unofficial advice.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom