What's new

Tower at SUPARCO Karachi

this may be a tower on which a wind generator will be placed.. to fulfill electricity shortage..
it may be a 2.4 MW windmill ?

The 1000Mw reactor will be installed right besides the present KANNUP and not near superhighway! The PPW is also sited nearby.

Apparently, it is not a water tank as it is a column but does not have a tank on top of it. It is not a wind tunnel as it has no aparent exit grills/louvers.

Let me see what i can dig out. BTW the latest PAKSAT has been insured operationaly therefore, it seems it is fully functional now.

It Doesn't look Like a water tank at all, why would they need two water tanks,There is already a water tank besides the tower it is too little as compared to the tower,Roll back time slider in google earth to see the tank clearly
1. The water tank is there in 2007 but no sign of tower it means its recently constructed.
Water%20tank1.JPG

2.In 2009 also the tank is there but no tower
Water%20tank2.JPG

3.in 2010 photo the shadow of the tank is visible and look 100% as a tank.
The tower is completely differnt
Water%20tank3.JPG

4.Tower appears in 2011 Which is too big As compared to the tanks of Pakistan, USA, india And Whole world.
tower.JPG

Looks like a ICBM silo To me.!!!

Looks like a ICBM silo To me.!!!

No!

I just asked someone who's relative is pretty high up in SUPARCO, it seems the tower is related to something to do with a satellite network, but he wasn't clear about it. Perhaps it's being built for the RSSS.

This tower is nothing like that. Its actually a beacon tracking tower built near the Satellite Control Facility of Paksat-1R Satellite. One such tower is also present in Lahore near Kala Shah Kaku Motorway interchange.

This one is known as the SUPARCO Tower. Here's a panorama pic.....

75025443.jpg

A replica at the entrance....

599978_291327187630128_1843208870_n.jpg

I guess this tower has something to do with upper atmospheric research.

No bro, I am talking exactly abt this tower. Its for communication beacon of Paksat-1R satellite. I am working in Satellite Control Facility so I am saying this with surety.

Back
Top Bottom