What's new

Tourists complain discriminative fare charged on foreigners in India

IndMaster

Reaction score
Melbournian here having a short 6 week visit to your wonderful country but one thing that has kind of irked me as my trip goes on is the Foreign Tourist rates for your attractions.

I'll be the first to admit - life is a lottery and some people are born lucky in a country where poverty and other issues aren't a daily matter. Again - i don't want to debate this here, but i just thought i'd give an outsider perspective that yes, I'm from Australia and yes i might be perceived to be "rich" (above poverty line)...but just because I can travel doesn't make me any different to any of you reading this.

This surcharge is making me feel 2400% different to you guys. Why? Here's why. Heading to attractions and seeing Indian admittance for 10rs and then 250rs (Elephanta Island), well... its just the easiest way to make us feel even more foreign in your welcoming country.

For example - as i mentioned above, my wife and i went to Elephanta Island today where there was the above charge (10rs vs 250rs). That is 2400% difference.

Putting it in perspective... if you guys ( Indian nationals) came to my country (Australia) and say went to the Zoo (for example) and let's say that it was 1000 RS ($17 au dollars... and yes, Australia is expensive)... well that's like me getting into the Zoo for 1000 RS and you guys having to pay 24,000 RS

I personally would hate to see that happen and its hard for us to progress if we can't treat each other equally.

Yes, there are huge polarity differences between any countries... but if you want to alienate your tourists, who are already way, way out on the thresholds of their comfort zone visiting this country, well this just makes it worse.

another pathetic attempt to troll.......this guy is definitely Hafeez....

another pathetic attempt to troll.......this guy is definitely Hafeez....

Do you have anything original besides trolling? Can you deny the fact India charging higher fares on foreign tourists than natives?

Do you have anything original besides trolling? Can you deny the fact India charging higher fares on foreign tourists than natives?

i am not denying it at all, but i don't see any point in u starting this thread, especially since u are neither an indian nor a tourist here.....so obviously u want to troll, be my guest Hafeez....

i am not denying it at all, but i don't see any point in u starting this thread, especially since u are neither an indian nor a tourist here.....so obviously u want to troll, be my guest Hafeez....

So you want to censor the forum. You only want posts that make you feel good to be posted.

Except that he doesn't sound anything at all like Hafizz?

thats only ur opinion.....

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

So you want to censor the forum. You only want posts that make you feel good to be posted.

where did i said anything about censoring???? i am saying, give me one reason why did u go on google, took pains to search this article and post it here???? tell me hafeez

I am very sorry sir,many places in India charge such pathetic rates to foreign tourists and it is a very sad state.I havent seen this happen anywhere else even in Shanghai when I bought an I-pod from a small store the owner happily accepted US dollars instead of the local currency.Just beware of such people sir and be careful too.

I also apologize for the trolling allegation,Most of my people cant handle constructive criticism thought they are expert critics.

I am very sorry sir,many places in India charge such pathetic rates to foreign tourists and it is a very sad state.I havent seen this happen anywhere else even in Shanghai when I bought an I-pod from a small store the owner happily accepted US dollars instead of the local currency.Just beware of such people sir and be careful too.

I also apologize for the trolling allegation,Most of my people cant handle constructive criticism thought they are expert critics.

so u are trying to reason out with this guy, best of luck with that, btw, i would have handled the criticism, if it had came from a good person such as Imran Khan, but this guy is an idiot....

OPs desperation is amusing. its fairly common for tourists to pay higher in developing countries (silly to point out India).
We have a culture of haggling for prices, hell even I end up paying higher cuz im bad at negotiating prices.

Is this forum turning out to be a facebook or youtube discussion forum? Where are the topics of defence and strategic importance?

Mods, please stop this nonsense...

so u are trying to reason out with this guy, best of luck with that, btw, i would have handled the criticism, if it had came from a good person such as Imran Khan, but this guy is an idiot....

You are at it again with the personal attack.

Is this forum turning out to be a facebook or youtube discussion forum? Where are the topics of defence and strategic importance?

This is the World Affairs forum, not defense related. This involved foreigners and Indians. That sounds international to me.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Isn't it trolling just posting things against Indians

Not it is not. You just have a fragile ego. Grow a thicker skin.

world affairs: Discussions related to the changing world environment, strategic issues, and important political changes in the world.

Back
Top Bottom