What's new

Top US commander: Burning Quran endangers troops

Sure if the American nutjobs are able to pass the law to do so from your American Govt just like the one has been passed for a structure in NYC,

Jana jee, in the interest of clarity, can you please elaborate on what law has been passed for structure in NYC?

That was very vague.......

Just like how the muslims demand the focus be upon the right to build that proposed triumphalist structure in NYC, you will now get a taste of your own medicine. I support the right of this Christian nutjob to burn any book he want, the Quran included. :D

i have a german friend who always said me:
burning a book is a dangerous step of fascism

if you agree with burning a book i am sorry for you

How about these people in GB expressing the same sentiment?
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Payed? I don't think so.. This is the behavior of violent barbarians. And it is sadly not an isolated nor even the most extreme case (in Europe!) of many like it..
I mean, this guy (the pastor) is an idiot and 75% of Americans and probably 95% or more of Europeans know that as well as you and me.
Is that a reason to be violent? No.

wow
first you put again this video. what is the matter???
you can always use videos of bad people to show that all a communauty is bad : this is a fascist method.

second: the pastor is idiot and the muslims are bad. what a nice point of view.

third: most muslims never used violence but you prefer to see the bad educated ones
here in france there is a court right now about 4 people who tortured a young guy in the worst manner. barbarian muslim? no they didn't have any religion and they are white westerns

fourth: i can see sometimes bad boy using violent words
say they are muslims but when you start to speak with them they just don't know anything about Islam.
Sadly for us, some stupid people use Islam like a force of devil. we have to condemn these acts

but seems you didn't want at your side condemn morally
1/ van gogh racist point of view
2/ burning books

good behavior is both side. if you prefer to live in your world of propaganda anti islam that will not make you be a good person
a good person is someone who is looking for peace and tolerance

Have you seen similar violence in the UAE? There are still protests, people write in newspaper letters to the editor but never ever has there been a violent protest.

Reason? People have jobs, people are educated, people know how to get a message across. I would say people are more regular with their prayers in the UAE than Pakistan, people observe fasts more strictly during Ramadan... So its not ISLAM that makes us go out riot.

After 9/11, in the US, a lot of Muslims were shot at. Beaten by roadside gangs. In India there are riots in the name of Hinduism.

Are you going to say Americanism promotes violence? Hinduism Promotes violence?

Even in Pakistan the well to do people don't engage in violence and when I say paid, it does not mean everyone is paid. For example in Karachi's case, street thugs are deputed to go around Karachi rounding up people to stand in a mob while the paid goons are going to wreak havoc. This is common, and does not only apply to anti-US protests, it happens for all sorts of protests. Afghani refugees are notoriously known to do anything for 100rps in Karachi.

I second this as I live in UAE. Infact, stable Muslim countries have the lowest crime rates in the world.

The matter is that when terrorists do things to kill innocent civilians they are branded Muslims (even though it is strictly against muslim beliefs) while when civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan are killed by America and other countries they are heroes and keepers of peace.

It is only the work of media. Nothing more. We know our religion more than the people who say Islam is violent.

How about, this time, instead of killing people and violent rioting you will all have a 'March of Remembrance' for the (Muslim and Non-Muslim) Victims of September 11th on that day and then draw caricatures of this pastor or whatever else you like. That is what followers of an actual 'Religion of Peace' might do...

If there is more than a thousand people publicly doing that in Pakistan, I will henceforth refer to Islam as a religion of peace and you actually have proven to the world that you are a peaceful people. If however there will be deaths, again, than Islam in fact turned out to inspire violence..not peace.

What the pastor does is pretty stupid (although his right), granted, but hold your anger for a moment of thought, and than decide how do you think a good person acts.

Your idea is completely pathetic because these two incidence should not be mixed with each other.

Religion of peace doesn't mean that if any non Muslim will attack our religion, then we will just sit on internet posting comments and writing articles in the newspapers... Its only one aspect of protest....

If somebody is doing such act, then its obligatory on every Muslim to stop it by any means possible. If that thug Pastor will not stop through verbal protests of Muslims, then Muslims have to find another way .. And that way can be anything .... If you call it violence, then so it be.... It doesn't matter what you people think when Holy Prophet (SA) and ALLAH have told us what to do when someone attacks Islam......

If you want peace from us, then act in the way that will make us do peace dealings with you.... Not in the way this maniac is acting.. they can do Blasphemy and insult our religion and you people expect us to be peaceful to you.. If you are thinking so then you are only dreaming of such peace..... This peace will never come.

this is just crazy but - i think this wacko can burn any book he wants. nobody can stop him. be it quran or any other. burn a 1000 copies of quraan ,

if it will send him some relief - by burning a book then let it be. let the poor soul feel good about it.

If he will do such a pathetic act, He will rot in this world and in the world hereafter..... His supporters will also face the same consequences inshaALLAH....

Qur'an is everything for us. It is our Law.. If he will do it inshaAllah some true soldier of Islam will kill him...

Your idea is completely pathetic because these two incidence should not be mixed with each other.

Religion of peace doesn't mean that if any non Muslim will attack our religion, then we will just sit on internet posting comments and writing articles in the newspapers... Its only one aspect of protest....

If somebody is doing such act, then its obligatory on every Muslim to stop it by any means possible. If that thug Pastor will not stop through verbal protests of Muslims, then Muslims have to find another way .. And that way can be anything .... If you call it violence, then so it be.... It doesn't matter what you people think when Holy Prophet (SA) and ALLAH have told us what to do when someone attacks Islam......

If you want peace from us, then act in the way that will make us do peace dealings with you.... Not in the way this maniac is acting.. they can do Blasphemy and insult our religion and you people expect us to be peaceful to you.. If you are thinking so then you are only dreaming of such peace..... This peace will never come.
This pastor is nothing but a extremist bigoted person and dont generalize the whole americans with it. We have got Bin Laden/Taliban, they have got the pastor like guys.

@Asim Aquil:
I am not saying other things can not be a cause for violence too. But was there ever a Jaine suicide bomber? No because it matters what people believe and it would be antithetical to there believe, although they suffer greatly. Many people around the world are poor, yet there behavior differs.
I am not questioning that the argument you make has some merit. I am questioning that this is the exclusive or even primary cause and I wrote why in my last post.
How about the last questions? I would be genuinely interested if you have anything to say on that front (even though a little of topic).

This pastor is nothing but a extremist bigoted person and dont generalize the whole americans with it. We have got Bin Laden/Taliban, they have got the pastor like guys.

One kills thousands of civilians, the other burns some books.
See any difference..?

@Hussein:
Don't bullsh*t. Reply in substance or don't reply at all. I have not posted that video before, what are you even talking about..(show me the post)
You distort and misread my post beyond recognition, you should redo "reading and understanding 101". Also I can hardly make out what you are even trying to say half of the time, which leads me to think your mastery of English is not at a sufficient level yet to have a discussion like this.. That is not intended as an insult, but I see no point in replying to you any more if you do not understand my posts.

@rameez: and that is why you are a stone-age barbarian, thank you for proving my point. Although I am generally a peaceful person, I see no way of that happening with fanatics like you, I do not "desire peace" for the price of freedom with bronze age crazies, who want to kill me or others because they think their invisible sugar-daddy told them. You can go get killed by an air strike for all I care. Literally get owned by the 21st century..

Last edited:

I have not generalized the whole American nation as pastors.... please tell me where I have done it so that I may correct myself.....

One kills thousands of civilians, the other burns some books.
See any difference..?

Israel, the great friend of west is also killing tens of thousands of people in palestine and grabbing their land, how many of your governments have condemned this?

By the way, Taliban and Al Qaeda is killing more muslims than non muslims, even the word trade center had considerable number of muslim victims.

"The free communication of ideas and opinions is one of the most precious of the rights of man. Every citizen may, accordingly, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law."

I don't see the word Burning here
Now - here is the catch. In countries like Denmark abusing religious texts aren't covered under "abuse". Delivering a public speech to kill all people of a certain sect is considered abuse however.
Now, here is the catch. Quran doesn't belong to Denmark. Abusing it cannot be covered under their Law.

Why is Freedom of Speech important?
I don't care what they say or do as long as it doesn't hurt me (Physically and Mentally)

Understand the background first. Many scientific discoveries were made post-renaissance, and some of these discoveries were considered "Blasphemies". Galileo was, for instance, not allowed to preach his "heliocentric" theory coz it went against bible. If there was no freedom of speech, I am sure that things like evolution would have never been discussed/taught so freely.
What scientific discovery will result after burning Quran? Please do enlighten me. Did Galileo, Darwin etc burned copies of Bible to prove their theories?
Besides, what's wrong with someone saying bad things about a book or a historic personality? If someone thinks that a book is evil and says that aloud, why should you be hurt?
They are allowed to say -- if only they were saying.
How many verses does Qu'ran have against non-believers or even Jews? When we allow you to "express" those thoughts freely and don't ban your book - how can you expect us to not express our thoughts freely regarding your or for that matter anyone's religion.

I don't recall any place in Quran that says something about burning the non-believers. Infect, I do remember an Ayat that says there is no compulsion in religion.

The real deal here is that some people are deliberately trying to spread hatred under the flag of Freedom of Speech; and the worst part of it is that, instead of criticism, this act is receiving praises.

I question the neutrality of world media here. There are certain aspects of history that are almost forbidden to be discussed (such as Holocaust) for the very reason that it is against a particular community; while it is not forbidden to play with the feelings of other group of people.

If only, a person in my country had declared Bible Burning day, all the world would have been shouting at the top of their voices and condemning this act.

I actually don't care about actions of certain individuals. But I do care about double standards.

I have not generalized the whole American nation as pastors.... please tell me where I have done it so that I may correct myself.....

this statement looked more directed to the wider americans than that pastor.

What is going to happen:

1. They will burn the Qur'an.

2. Civilian anger against west in afghanistan = more recruits for Taliban

3. Also, some american troops may die due to these angry civilians

4. These troops will be hailed as heroes and will be called "Victims of Islam"

5. Media will forget the Qur'an burnings (though right now they are showing it as okay), focus on 1-2 deaths and we have a name for this event (e.g. 9/11 'murders')

6. Media uses opportunity to heavily bad name Islam. Any violence against Muslims will be justified, just like the killings in Iraq, Afghanistan, America (civilians killing civilians), Palestine and other countries who have suffered from this.

7. Increased Muslim anger. One day it's gonna snap.

Almost everyone in the US has condemned this act, its just a handful of racist, bigoted A-holes who need show the world what bigoted, ignorant A-holes look like. These people could honestly care less about America and its goodwill. They don't care about the security of the troops and they don't care about their community. The only thing they care about is running their mouths, burning holy scriptures to prove that they believe in 'Freedom' without realizing that their freedom comes at a cost that has been paid quite extensively by the very troops giving their lives overseas.

Disgraceful to say the least

Back
Top Bottom