What's new

Top military body to discuss long-range missile purchase

[You know, Despite Turkey as an ally of USA is one of the first F-16 user and biggest costumer of USA, Today, Turkey is wasting energy to obtain/integrate own source-codes of F-16's to integrate own munitions, While Israel is accessing everything at the beggining of your defence deals between USA]
Turkey got F-16 codes so it can manipulate them.

(I think No country receives as much USA technology and freedom to plow them into own export markets as Israel).
UK gets more of course. They got even Trident-2 and Tomahawk.

Those are the negative results indeed, Anyhow, Nothing is free in trade but There are many advantages coming with having a bigbrother like USA in terms of development of domestic programs, ordering strategic USA origin systems with satisfactory critical national contribution such as source-codes, avionics, E/O, own munitions [You know, Despite Turkey as an ally of USA is one of the first F-16 user and biggest costumer of USA, Today, Turkey is wasting energy to obtain/integrate own source-codes of F-16's to integrate own munitions, While Israel is accessing everything at the beggining of your defence deals between USA] ), exporting the products USA also contributed into developments (I think No country receives as much USA technology and freedom to plow them into own export markets as Israel).

Dear Cabatli,

It is funny to read Israeli friends' claims that US aid harms Israeli Industry. The clear fact is that all Israeli technology and industry is American or depend on American aids. Without USA Israel is nothing. LOL

You can reach the "CRS Report for USA Congress about U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel" from this link:
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Summary of the report:

Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign assistance since World War II. From 1976-2004, Israel was the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign assistance, having since been supplanted by Iraq. Since 1985, the United States has provided nearly $3 billion in grants annually to Israel.

Almost all U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance. In the past, Israel also
had received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted
in Israel’s receiving benefits not available to other countries. For example, Israel can use some U.S. military assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers.In addition, all U.S. foreign assistance earmarked for Israel is delivered in the first 30 days of the fiscal year. Most other recipients normally receive aid in installments. Congress also appropriates funds for joint U.S.-Israeli missile defense programs.

In August 2007, the Bush Administration announced that it would increase U.S. military
assistance to Israel by $6 billion over the next decade. The agreement calls for incremental annual increases in Foreign Military Financing (FMF) to Israel, reaching $3 billion a year by FY2011.

For FY2011, the Obama Administration requested $3 billion in FMF to Israel. According to the
State Department’s FY2011 budget justification for Foreign Operations, “U.S. assistance will help
ensure that Israel maintains its qualitative military edge over potential threats, and prevent a shift in the security balance of the region. U.S. assistance is also aimed at ensuring for Israel the
security it requires to make concessions necessary for comprehensive regional peace.”

After years of negotiation, the United States and Israel announced in August 2010 that Israel will purchase 20 F-35s at a cost of $2.75 billion, which will be paid for entirely with FMF grants. The first planes are scheduled to be delivered in 2015, though the deal is still pending final approval by the Israeli cabinet.

500 i gave source code example because it is easy to understand. (software is a tecnology too in avionics) BTW we have F-16 source codes now but we cannot get F-35 codes.

At the last post impportant part was:
"US is not directly giving technology generally, Israil demands know-how from firms(like lockhead martin) and they do the research. Money is donated from US to those firms. I'm not saying Israil has zero research capability, im saying Israil has a great US support."

On the other hand when Brits refused to sell us Chieftain tanks this led to development of Merkava tanks.
Something like that let to finding of ASELSAN. Thanks to our NATO allies who betrayed us at cyprus operation. :yahoo:

Dear Cabatli,

It is funny to read Israeli friends' claims that US aid harms Israeli Industry.
US aid is strengthening army but harming industries. Whats so hard to understand? Cant see the difference between tools and technologies?

British Chieftain ban led to development of Merkava. French Mirage 5 ban gave a great boost IAI. Most probably Israel would not became one of the leders in UAVs without that ban.

Without USA Israel is nothing. LOL
Israel won 1948, 1956, 1967 wars without US. In 1966, before the US aid, Israel had more GNP per capita than Italy and Spain.

500 i gave source code example because it is easy to understand. (software is a tecnology too in avionics)
Software code is not a technology, its just a tool.

BTW we have F-16 source codes now but we cannot get F-35 codes.
Thats what I said. Same goes for Israel.
"US is not directly giving technology generally, Israil demands know-how from firms(like lockhead martin) and they do the research. Money is donated from US to those firms. I'm not saying Israil has zero research capability, im saying Israil has a great US support."
Give example of technology (know how) tranferred Israel. F-16, F-35, M60, AMRAAMs are not technologies, these are tools. Otherwise Saudi Arabia would be a technology leader :lol:

US aid is strengthening army but harming industries. Whats so hard to understand? Cant see the difference between tools and technologies?

Give example of technology (know how) tranferred Israel. F-16, F-35, M60, AMRAAMs are not technologies, these are tools. Otherwise Saudi Arabia would be a technology leader :lol:

Please read carefully :

"For example, Israel can use some U.S. military assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers."

500 i gave source code example because it is easy to understand. (software is a tecnology too in avionics) BTW we have F-16 source codes now but we cannot get F-35 codes.

Something like that let to finding of ASELSAN. Thanks to our NATO allies who betrayed us at cyprus operation. :yahoo:

Wow, have any reliable source to back up your sensational revelation ? i mean wow, Israel demand and walla it receive...

Please read carefully :

"For example, Israel can use some U.S. military assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers."

No no and no! US aid is only and only for US weaponry! there is no R&D done by US for Israel, there are tho mutual collaboration on projects such as arrow missile system that is developed jointly by IAI and Boeing and mutually funded.
Yes there are funding of some Israeli R&D, but there are no free meals, US receive full access to the technology developed in Israel and can veto any sales of products based on that technology to other party(thus preventing competition and enjoying the fruits), the technology that developed by US funding can be only utilized for personal use i.e. serve IDF.

Can you guys take it elsewhere, you just hijacked the thread, it's no longer following the original topic!

Back
Top Bottom