What's new

Top 10 military powers TOPYAPS

Who is most powerful militarily among these nations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anything to confirm this ?? I meant for this missile inventory claim....
Also even if it use all weapons against any of the top 10 they can't win against them

they have nothing to attack Japan, while Japan which has a strong naval and air force as compared to Pak which can overthrow them (No disrespect to anyone but its a fact). Pakistan has not enough resources to reach Japan, what you expect, Pakistani soldiers will walk thei on feet or swim ?? Or you expect them to blow some other nation nation with nuke and in result their would be a tsunami that will destroy Japan ?? :)

?

The coastline of Pakistan extends 1,050 km

japan has to defend a larger coastline --Coastline: 29,751 km

Brazil Coastline: 7,491 km

--
however armywise we might be strong , as the data present is of 2004 , and deficient incase of japan--

also notice, all pak data [army , airforce ] is of 2004

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Japan
http://www.globalfirepower.com/

in 2004 paf had no jf17 or force multiplyers, less f16s , less choppers both mi8 and cobras etc, 5 less ships, alkhalid tank, mlrs etc

People often only see power in a sense of projection. That is not always the case, especially when compared to big nuclear armed nations.

Military power can be in the form of defense. Even though Pakistan may not have the ability to invade Japan, but they have the capabilities to counter Japans offensive. China is likely to jump in and give Pakistan a helping hand, since we are too close a proximity to ignore the military activities. It will work the same if (VERY BIG IF) China gets attacked by America and NATO due to geology and political differences between the East and the West. This is one of the reasons why America and Co can only pick fights with the smaller countries. Only certain looney here on this forum fail to see 'WHY' India, Russia and China 'CANNOT' be invaded.

Yes America has many planes, but they would be hard pressed if asked to transport them all effectively in timely manner to the target destination. Having its carriers taken out will severely destroy its projection capability.

So Yes it is fine to display the planes and carriers against smaller countries, but No to display them against the likes of India, Russia and China..LOL

Personally think that we Asians (Chinese, Indian, Pakistani and Russians) have it all to our advantage if we work together. The fact that we haven't been invaded in recent times is a telling sign of strength. By combining our qualities and using our geographical advantage we can achieve what America (America isn't an utopia) and NATO can only dream of achieving. Military Might, Growing Economy, Resources, Peace and Stability.

The coastline of Pakistan extends 1,050 km

japan has to defend a larger coastline --Coastline: 29,751 km

Brazil Coastline: 7,491 km
Good geographical knowledge but i don't think i was wrong...

however armywise we might be strong , as the data present is of 2004 , and deficient incase of japan--

also notice, all pak data [army , airforce ] is of 2004
Where was it written that the facts written on the first page are from 2004 ?? Also why would there be so much discrimination about Pakistan, Pakistan armed force fact is from 2004 while others is from 2011. If its 2004, then all of the facts should also be from 2004.
Also its saying last updated in 2009 not 2004.

in 2004 paf had no jf17 or force multiplyers, less f16s , less choppers both mi8 and cobras etc, 5 less ships, alkhalid tank, mlrs etc
No its true but just look at Japan, they have a defense speding of around 50 billion $ and yours is 5-10 billion$. They are spending so much and their forces is also small so they won't be spending as much like you on salaries and pensions.

Its true Pakistan is also modernizing its forces but you should not forget that so is the rest of the countries who are before you guys and that too in much faster rate.

We should not talk about China, because their defense is fuzzy, but its clear that their spending more than twice than us and hence we accept they are way too powerful. Russia has modernization plan of 640 billion $- they have plan to induct 600 new warplanes, 1,000 military helicopters, 100 warships, eight nuclear submarines, 2 French “Rafale” helicopter carrier and many more.

Similarly we have one of the biggest modernization plan.

We also have plan to induct something around 1000 helicopters, MBT (1000 t90, modernisation of >2000 t72), biggest howitzer modernization plan(around 1500), SAM and missile upgrades (around 5.56 billion $ worth order for Akash SAM, atleast 6 billion $ worth of Brahmos and more is expected), huge ATGM upgrades, 40 warships under construction and around 40 on paper, 3 Aircraft Carriers, 4 LPD, 12 SSK, 6 SSBN, FINSAS, 272 Su30 MKI, 126-200 MMRCA, 250-300 Pakfa/FGFA(around 50 will enter service by 2020), 100+ Lca mk2 and 200 AMCA (although it will come after 2020).

I am just saying everyone is upgrading and way too faster than you guys and thats why they are above you.

Good geographical knowledge but i don't think i was wrong...

it shows why they need such a strong navy, as there coast line is 29times more than ours.-- yet the army will be a different story.

Where was it written that the facts written on the first page are from 2004 ?? Also why would there be so much discrimination about Pakistan, Pakistan armed force fact is from 2004 while others is from 2011. If its 2004, then all of the facts should also be from 2004.
Also its saying last updated in 2009 not 2004.

pakistan--
ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 3,919
Tanks: 2,461 [2004]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 1,146 [2004]
Towed Artillery: 3,952 [2001]
Self-Propelled Guns: 260 [2004]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 52 [2004]
Mortars: 2,350 [2004]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 12,329 [2004]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 1,900 [2004]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 710 [2004]
Helicopters: 198 [2003]
Serviceable Airports: 146 [2007]
you can see how they came up e number 15 for pak
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Pakistan
http://www.globalfirepower.com/

our lifting of sanctions started the impacts after 2004 , so these stats are misleading particularly incase of pakistan,if you are considering them in 2011 ,
otherwise we mightve skipped quite a few countries.

the sanctions had far more effect on pak as most of its weapons were from u.s

Its true Pakistan is also modernizing its forces but you should not forget that so is the rest of the countries who are before you guys and that too in much faster rate.
im not talking about the future , or else i wouldve said that jf17 production rate from next year would be 50+ etc -- but i'm pointing out the conventional modernization inthe last several years is so much that we might not consider the nuclear option on day1

i can bet the rate of development is very quick in pakistan as if they cant make a weapon on there own, they find some joint venture to get it through, rather than wasting several more years without bearing fruit

it shows why they need such a strong navy, as there coast line is 24times more than ours.-- yet the army will be a different story.
But the fact is still the same, that they have a very big navy and stronger air force and they have the capability to reach Pakistan while Pakistan doesnot have resources to engage in war with Japan.

pakistan--
ARMY

AIR FORCE
I respect this....and thats why wrote this many times that any nation who is going to attack you guys will think twice.

our lifting of sanctions started the impacts after 2004 , so these stats are misleading particularly incase of pakistan,if you are considering them in 2011 ,
What sanction ??/ You have been BFF of US and now China. You are still getting F16 from US, your President went to US few months back to talk about more F16. In the beginning of 2010, it was said that Pakistan is asking US for Drone. Man what else do you want ?? You guys are looking to purchase subs from France and Germany, i don't get which sanction you are talking about.

This ranking is updated till 2009, if you can prove that only Pakistan's strngth was wrongly presented then you are welcome otherwise what you are talking is BS.

reaching us and invading us are 2 different things.

if they had updated these figures, they wouldve indicated it a the end of that particular figure, where 2004 is written, aswell- theyve updated only our navy a bit.

1998 sanctions , pressler amendments , if you are wondering, this is why 30 paid f16s were embargoed

Guys, a very serious question..Look Pakistan has the 4rth largest Nukes, 3rd largest missile inventory and a big strong military, so why isn't it in first 10??

For us simple civilians, could you please tell us how this rating is done??

Who told you that Pakistan has 3rd largest missile inventory.Chin is 3rd, Iran 4th,India 5th.
But, yes it should be there in 9th or 10th position.

it shows why they need such a strong navy, as there coast line is 29times more than ours.-- yet the army will be a different story.

pakistan--
ARMY

AIR FORCE
you can see how they came up e number 15 for pak
Military Strength of Pakistan
World Military Strength Ranking

otherwise we mightve skipped quite a few countries.

the sanctions had far more effect on pak as most of its weapons were from u.s

im not talking about the future , or else i wouldve said that jf17 production rate from next year would be 50+ etc -- but i'm pointing out the conventional modernization inthe last several years is so much that we might not consider the nuclear option on day1

i can bet the rate of development is very quick in pakistan as if they cant make a weapon on there own, they find some joint venture to get it through, rather than wasting several more years without bearing fruit

u can count tht hundreds of SPGs,panters,MLRS,facs,f-16s,spada,HQ-9 n
other toys

Back
Top Bottom