What's new

Top 10 Languages

Non, ce n'est pas Francais dan les Canadas (oui, il ya un Anglais Canada et une Francais Canada). C'est le Quebecois ou les Franglais (pronouced Fran Glaze).

TexasJohn said:
My dad after retiring from the Indian Army joined the UNDP (under ITU) and he was based in Geneva. So I did learn French then, and found it very handy all through Europe. I remember being in Madrid, and found out if I spoke French slowly (tres lentement) they could pick up on what I said, and their response in Spanish ( real slow) was understandable. Same thing in Italy also! truely the lingua franca! I then moved to the US. My French is a little rusty now parce que personne au Texas pale Francaise ou Anglaise ( for that matter):biggrin:

So you've been here in Europe aswell, I like Geneva!
French, Spanish and Italian all belong to the Roman group, a lot of words and even verbs are the same but pronounced differently.
If you speak any of these languages, you can easily understand the others.

Isi en Pays-Bas, on as la possibilité/opportunité de prendre trois langues en école; Englais, Francais en Allemand.
Je suis lettré en toutes ce langues. :angel:

Officer of Engineers said:
Non, ce n'est pas Francais dan les Canadas (oui, il ya un Anglais Canada et une Francais Canada). C'est le Quebecois ou les Franglais (pronouced Fran Glaze).
So which part are you Sir?
Vous vous habiter en Quebec?

Neo said:
So which part are you Sir?
Vous vous habiter en Quebec?

Je parle le français aussi!

Damn the make us take french in high school (in canada)

I learned a word or 2 along the way

A.Rahman said:

Damn the make us take french in high school (in canada)

I learned a word or 2 along the way

Francais Parisien ou Franglais?:woot:

A.Rahman said:

Thats great Rahman!
Now we can talk about our lovely Jana Jee in French and she would not have a clue at all...:evil:

Looks like a lot of people in here know French. Well count me in though I'm not 'that much' of an expert at it. Au revoir

Sid said:
Looks like a lot of people in here know French. Well count me in though I'm not 'that much' of an expert at it. Au revoir

How come you speak French Sid?
You live in Canada?

Yup. You answered the million dollar question yourself. :P

Looks like all the mods of this forum live outside Pakistan! :disappointed:

10. French
Number Of Speakers: 129 Million
Often called the most romantic language in the world, French is spoken in tons of countries, including Belgium, Canada, Rwanda, Cameroon, and Haiti. Oh, and France too. We're actually very lucky that French is so popular, because without it, we might have been stuck with Dutch Toast, Dutch Fries, and Dutch kissing (ew!).
To say "hello" in French, say "Bonjour" (bone-JOOR).

Not quite true, Bonjour doesnt actually mean hello it means good day and is kind of formal, I think Salut would be more appropriate

Its on the 3rd. Hindustani, is sometimes known as Urdu, but of course Urdu is much better and professional than hindi.

Now way, you're dead wrong, 180millions speakers in Pakistan, and atleast 20million in the rest of south asia, we are actually number 8
We don't need to associate ourselves with that trash of a language, our elegance compared to hindi is like that of a pure bred stallion to a donkey
The wya they worded it, it sounds liek they meant to not include Pakistan - and I'm cool with that, IDGAF

Urdu is one of the most beautiful languages in the world. I love urdu poetry and ghazals, even the ones that I don't understand fully. :wacko:

But English imho is the largest and most important language and its easy to learn but Mandarin is the language of the future as China will be the next super power.

Many European countries including the UK are introducing Mandarin at school.
I took 26 lessions myself and almost went crazy..:crazy2:
mandarin is different system of latin system. easy to learn.

Back
Top Bottom