What's new

Top 10 Airports in the World

All other top ranking or even much lower ranking airports can fully support the airport traffics with their transportation (metro, maglev) lighting, emergency services etc BUT not in new delhi during the nation wide blackout in india!
It depends on how quickly the fault is cleared and generating stations starts production.

you keep on babbling with your foul mouth to the next century but regardless HK international airport keeps doing its excellence in the best rankings - ALL OVER THE WORLD!

he asked for electricity supply problems in your airport! OMG you have problems with your ENGLISH!

You can deny it all you want till Judgement Day but facts are facts - and many travelers have been looted at Hong Kong.

thanks for clearing my doubt,
i remember my cozin telling me that when he was coming from terminal one to dubai (back when T3 wasnt constructed) it was raining heavily, what he told me was water was dripping in the terminal !!!!! :( . i dont know about how T1 is now but. this is just an info known to me, there may be several other factors too, due to which it made it to the 10 worst :(

Terminal 1 is equally good now :) if you have seen 3 idiots, the first scene is shot in terminal 1 :pop:

and dont go by this list. airport council international ranked delhi as 2nd bet in terms of service quality

It depends on how quickly the fault is cleared and generating stations starts production.

airport does not survive on itself alone.
was the blackout in india lasted for more than 2 days? that is too bad already. never hear anywhere in modern world when its people are constantly gloating about its super powder status while having a stone age electricity grid like that! the airport was powered by DIESEL ENGINES for heavens sake! It could be only good as long as the diesel oil lasted - you were lucky!

airport does not survive on itself alone.
was the blackout in india lasted for more than 2 days? that is too bad already. never hear anywhere in modern world when its people are constantly gloating about its super powder status while having a stone age electricity grid like that! the airport was powered by DIESEL ENGINES for heavens sake! It could be only good as long as the diesel oil lasted - you were lucky!

If you are adamant on fighting buy a punching bag and fight all day long.Good bye:lol:

Terminal 1 is equally good now :) if you have seen 3 idiots, the first scene is shot in terminal 1 :pop:

and dont go by this list. airport council international ranked delhi as 2nd bet in terms of service quality

hmmm............ok now i got a reason to watch 3 idiots again ;)

If you are adamant on fighting buy a punching bag and fight all day long.Good bye:lol:

It is not their fault - even the Chinese know the real facts but arrest and possible execution by their communist forces prevent them from expressing themselves freely.

For shopping and food then HK airport is the best
Facilities wise no one can beat Singapore, they have rest room games room , massage room, cinema and the latest I heard they even have a swimming pool

wtf ?!?!......

Btw, this ranking is very old and therefore outdated.
here is the latest ranking

Worst Airports in Asia (2012)

Date: October 15, 2012

We asked travellers to tell us the worst airports to spend long delays and/or sleep in overnight (due to being stranded by flight cancellations or travelling low budget). Here are the airports (or terminals) that received the highest number of negative votes and feedback in the SleepingInAirports 2012 Best & Worst Airports survey.

When you are done here, visit the Best Airports in Asia.

1. Manila NAIA (Terminal 1)

There was lack of seat, but I slept on the floor on my own camping mattress." - Urban Nomad

With its collapsing ceilings, overcrowding, rampant bribery, and taxi drivers scamming travellers on fares, its easy to understand why "disappointed" and "unbelievable" are just a few of the words travellers use to describe Manila's Terminal 1.

After the honour of winning last year's "Worst Airport in the World" title, authorities were impressively quick to start releasing some of the airport tax money for improvements on the struggling terminal. A rehabilitation project began in January 2012. Judging by the thousands of people who sent us their feedback and voted in the polls, these improvements can't be finished fast enough.

In the meantime, travellers continue to complain about the long and numerous queues that begin outside the terminal. Once inside, there will be no time for naps and certainly no place for quiet rest and enjoyment as you'll be busy going through various queues for the next few hours as you proceed to your gate.

While the terminal does have a VIP lounge and Day room for transiting passengers, Terminal 1 is not for sleeping. The overnight sleeper awaiting early morning flights should go to Terminals 2 and 3 where there is armrest-free seating (landside). Terminal 3 is very clean and modern, but it is not operating to full capacity.

at this airport you have to have your itinerary to enter the terminal. i forgot it that day and so the police said if i give him 10 USD he'll let me in." - beaniebaby

If you are transiting to another terminal, the shuttle bus departs when there are enough people on the bus to make the journey worthwhile. If you are in a hurry, you'll probably end up taking a taxi, but look out for meter tampering as some drivers rig their meters with a gadget called a batingting that speeds up the meter and increases your fare. To the airport's credit they did crack down on this practice in March.

More disconcerting are the number of reports we've received indicating officers asking for cash payments to expedite normal procedures. Shame!

In Summary: Use Terminals 2 and 3 when possible.
Traveller Complaints: (Anything and everything) Poor Transit Facilities • Queues • Bribery • Crowded • Insufficient Seating • Delays receiving bags on belt • Poor quality restaurants • Taxi Scams

2. Mumbai
There is security on the terminal doors and you are not allowed in until just before your check-in opens. I arrived 6 hours early for a BA flight and was turned away." - Lanchoppy

Traveller Complaints: Dirty Bathrooms • Insufficient Seats

3. Islamabad
You should be aware that if you arrive too early for your flight you will not be allowed into the airport and will have to wait outside (not much fun at 38c)." - a traveller

Traveller Complaints: Bribes • Dirty Toilets

4. Singapore Budget Terminal
The budget terminal here was much worse than the massive one at neighbouring Kuala Lumpur. I understand the need to cut down costs for airlines, but do they really need to remove nearly everything? At the check-in area, it was simply a warehouse with only desks, nothing else. - samuel95

Oh well, no airport is perfect. This terminal handled budget airlines before it closed in September. Changi will be building Terminal 4 to add to its already impressive collection of 5-star terminals.

Traveller Complaints: Crowded • Noisy

5. Kolkata
When we entered the waiting hall we realize that we were two of about 100 people waiting out the night in the airport. The seating was 'airport seating' with hard padded benches partitioned by metal arm rests. So, we slept sitting up. The lights remained on all night and we had to dawn our jackets (in India??) because the AC was quite cold. The sleep was intermittent and not very long." - Mur the Explorer

Traveller Complaints: Dirty Toilets • Poor Food Options • Noise (different TVs blaring different programs in departure lounge)

6. Jakarta
We slept on departures level on big wide wooden slatted benches. I got 4 hrs sleep and the experience and money we saved was worth the hassle. Not dangerous at all. Lots of families doing the same!" - linaworldwide

Traveller Complaints: "Scary" Old and Dark Domestic Terminal • Dirty Toilets • Overcrowded

7. Hanoi
Chairs were non-existent to rare. The place is similar to a bus station. Don't think you can sleep here. When you go outside, overpriced taxis will be waiting for you." - pinaytraveler

Traveller Complaints: Insufficient Seats •Taxi scams • Safety concerns

8. Chennai
Security would only let me into the Visitor's gallery because my departure wasn't within 3 hours. The gallery was cold and the chairs designed specifically with metal separators so you couldn't lie across. The gallery did, however, feel safe and there was a kiosk open and people around all night." - sophcotton

Traveller Complaints: No air-conditioning • Insufficient Seating • Dirty Bathrooms • Crowded

9. Kuala Lumpur LCCT
It's a barebones basic low cost budget terminal. No frills. I'd advise turning up as late as possible or dying from the sheer tedium of the place! There's a fairly good choice of food outlets and a hidden food court (walk past the buses). It's a packed airport, clearly no one was spending money on architects as it's just a huge square." - 5ftman

Traveller Complaints: Crowded • Sense of Disorganization • Noise

10. Bali
chairs were non existent there's like 10 every few 20-100 meters, the departure gates looked like it was old and smelled..Hopefully the new International Airport in 2013 will be better." - EnvyFX

Traveller Complaints: Old Building • Uncomfortable Seats • Mosquitoes • Lack of Air-Conditioning

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/2012/worst-airports-asia.htm#.UTy-K6ZFCM8

India has three of world's worst airports

BANGALORE: For all you busy air travellers, here's information that explains your frustration at Indian airports. Forbes' list of the most delayed arrival airports in the world for 2008, in association with FlightStats, tracks historical and real-time flight information. Of the top five airports, three are in India — Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, at No. 1, Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, at No. 2 and Bengaluru International Airport (BIA), Bangalore, at No. 4.

The percentage of on-time arrivals at Mumbai airport was 49.95%, at New Delhi was 50.89% and in Bangalore, it was 60.16%. The Mohammed V International Airport, Casablanca, Morocco, occupied the No. 3 slot with an on-time arrival performance of 53.83%.

The report states that at Mumbai's airport, 58% of late arrivals in 2008 were delayed by 30 minutes or more, and at New Delhi's airport, more than 60% of flights were at least 30 minutes late. The good news is that no Indian airport figures in the top 10 delayed departure list. Haneda airport in Tokyo tops the list of combined on-time arrival and departure.

India has three of world's worst airports - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom