What's new

To whom does the term 'Aryan' belong?

The Indus valley civilization details show they used to eat beef. and do NOT worship cows.

Can you mentioned if any hindu idiol/deity was exacvated from Indus valley sites?.

Indra was vedic aryan god and shiva as dravidian hindus got. you hindus mixed it up and calling indra as shiva now.

the vedic Aryan apart from beaf/cow eating ones also were NOT Idolworshipers unlike hindus

Dude Indra and Shiva are two different personalities.

Go through the below link here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

The Sanskrit word Shiva (Devanagari: शिव, śiva ) is an adjective meaning "pure and destroyer".[5][6] As a proper name it means "The Auspicious One", used as a name for Rudra.[6] In simple English transliteration it is written either as Shiva or Siva. The adjective śiva, meaning "auspicious", is used as an attributive epithet not particularly of Rudra, but of several other Vedic deities.[7]

About byrava

The literal meaning of ‘Bhairava’ is ‘Terrific.’ The fiery Lord Bhairav is an incarnation of Lord Shiva. Often he is displayed accompanied by a dog symbolizing dharma.

Regarding what Indus people ate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/indus_valley/food_and_farming/

What did people eat?
Archaeologists can tell what Indus Valley people ate by examining the teeth and bones of skeletons they discover. They also examine rubbish pits for animal bones, seafood shells, fruit seeds and other food remains for clues to their diet.

Indus people kept cattle, pigs, sheep and goats for food. Cows provided milk and meat. Farmers grew fruit such as dates, grapes and melons, and field crops such as wheat and peas.

Indus Valley people ate a healthy diet. Most people probably ate more fruit and vegetables than meat. From the evidence of teeth in skeletons, it seems men were better-fed than women. Most people's teeth were healthy too.

@Spring Onion Here you go about the IVC.

Statue of Mother Goddess excavated at Harappa

figure_mother_goddess_mohenjo__hi.jpg

Again I reiterate, consuming beef doesnt make you a non-Hindu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengali is classified as an Indo-Aryan language. Again, there is no homogenous race called Aryans or Dravidians, it was a hypotheis during British Rule which was proven wrong. Only languages are classified as Indo-Aryan or Dravidian. Genetic studies show that both of their ancestors migrated from Central Asia.

:)))) hehehe ok so according to Indian genetic study acnestors of Hindus also migrated from Central Asia :D

good

@Spring Onion Here you go about the IVC.

Statue of Mother Goddess excavated at Harappa

figure_mother_goddess_mohenjo__hi.jpg

Again I reiterate, consuming beef doesnt make you a non-Hindu.

1. If according to you ancient hindus used to eat beef then why the fuss in India currently. Seems you are runing some flaws conspiracy against cow meat eating then to satisfy your bias. So lets unban cow slaughter it has NOTHING to do with your religious obligation instead economic hence NO religious offense if cows are slaughtered.

as far as this statue

well doubts are there about this as hindu godess claimed by you

renowned historian John Keays states

"Similar doubts surround the female terracotta figurines which are often described as mother goddesses. Pop-eyed, bat-eared, belted and sometime miniskirted, they are usually of crude workmanship and grotesque mien. Only a dusty-eyed archaeologist could describe them as `pleasing little things.' The bat-ears, on closer inspection, appear to be elaborate head dresses or hairstyles. If, as the prominent and clumsily applied breasts suggest, they were fertility symbols, why bother with millinery? Or indeed miniskirts?"

1. If according to you ancient hindus used to eat beef then why the fuss in India currently. Seems you are runing some flaws conspiracy against cow meat eating then to satisfy your bias. So lets unban cow slaughter it has NOTHING to do with your religious obligation instead economic hence NO religious offense if cows are slaughtered.

as far as this statue

"Similar doubts surround the female terracotta figurines which are often described as mother goddesses. Pop-eyed, bat-eared, belted and sometime miniskirted, they are usually of crude workmanship and grotesque mien. Only a dusty-eyed archaeologist could describe them as `pleasing little things.' The bat-ears, on closer inspection, appear to be elaborate head dresses or hairstyles. If, as the prominent and clumsily applied breasts suggest, they were fertility symbols, why bother with millinery? Or indeed miniskirts?"

Plus if I remember correctly a number of you Indians said that India is secular then why this issue with Beef? :pop:

Plus if I remember correctly a number of you Indians said that India is secular then why this issue with Beef? :pop:

Cow worship was not in practice among aryans hence if hindus claim they are aryans then surely they had made up cow into some religious thing which it is NOT hence secular or no secular cow is an eatable thing not sacred

as far as this statue

Yes they did eat beef. From what I read when Buddhism arrived, majority of people converted due to it's humane/non-violent principles. So called "Upper Castes" felt threatened and adopted vegetarianism to adapt to the changing scenario, to make Hindu religion more attractive. That is how the cow became holy. And yes I agree cow slaughter ban should be lifted.

as far as this statue

They had a very liberal culture. Not only IVC but also the Ancient Greeks and Romans.

Rigidity arrived later. If skimpy clothing is a criterea whether an idol was worshipped or not then you should look up about the Khajuraho temples or statues of Aphrodite

Yes they did eat beef. From what I read when Buddhism arrived, majority of people converted due to it's humane/non-violent principles. So called "Upper Castes" felt threatened and adopted vegetarianism to adapt to the changing scenario, to make Hindu religion more attractive. That is how the cow became holy. And yes I agree cow slaughter ban should be lifted.

They had a very liberal culture. Rigidity arrived later. If Skimpy clothing is a criterea whther an idol was worshipped or not then you should look up about the Khajuraho temples.
@ExtraOdinary so people were forced back into Hinduism? :pop:

my point is HINDUS were NOT Aryans. Period.

The thing is none really gives a damn about your point. In Indian context, Arayns are those who speak Indo-Aryan, we don't really care for the tomfoolery of pseudo nazis of Pakistan tribal regions.

Yes they did eat beef. From what I read when Buddhism arrived, majority of people converted due to it's humane/non-violent principles.

Common misconception. People keep confusing Buddhism with Jainism. There was no bar against non-vegetarian food by the Buddhists.The Buddha's favourite food was pork. :)

Cow worship was not in practice among aryans hence if hindus claim they are aryans then surely they had made up cow into some religious thing which it is NOT hence secular or no secular cow is an eatable thing not sacred

Rig veda people worshipped Nature that includes cow. Only in special rituals they used to eat.
Horse.

Some how you want to convert Vegetarian Hindus to Non vegetarian ones, Don't do that with your poor logic :D

The Practices evolved unlike your faith which follow the book strictly. In Hinduism we evolve and add what is good .

Common misconception. People keep confusing Buddhism with Jainism. There was no bar against non-vegetarian food by the Buddhists.The Buddha's favourite food was pork. :)

:tup:. My bad. Thnx for clarifying. Can you tell how beef became a taboo.

Don't care whom the term Aryans belong to

But i hope we Indians either get rid of this term or atlest learn to use it in the right context.

This term and its racial connections will only bring more differences in the nation.

I fully support Iranians and Pakistanis claiming this terms as their own.

Now why should we get rid of something which is part of our history just because tribals from mountainous Pakistani North West are propped up by weird racial supremacist theory peddled by Nazis? AryaBhatta is mentioned in every other Indian epic, Aryan in Indian context simply means people living in AryaBhatta, that is Indo-Gangetic valley.

Back
Top Bottom