What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

Will U ever stop this $£%&
? NOw I see the reason why have U accumulated over 8500 posts and 800 some thanks frm ur followers... cut it out..I can imagine U sitting in ur chair and desperately loking for anti - india articles.... pls have a life... only a few days ago there was a same topic being discused.... with more than 10 odd pages...

IF U R SO `HURT` THEN DO SOMTHING ABT IT JANA...AT LEAST IN UR COUNTRY, WILL U???? UPLIFT THE MINORITIES....YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE BLOWING UR OWN PEOPLE AWAY .. HUNDREDS OF THEM.... :angry: WHAT HAVE U DONE TO STOP IT.....

The article is not written by me sitting in my chair here but it was written by an Indian and a non-Muslim Indian who is living in India and who is witness to the situation and it was published in a better Indian newspaper as compare to other.

Ejaz and some other Indian posters are doing good analysis which could be helpfull in addressing this problem which will be a good thing for your country in the long run so better concentrate on the discussion instead of getting angry.

A small example me and my Muslim friend in India apply for US student visa , i got it immediately he never got it, Now who is the culprit here India or US?.

Another example:
I visit some shop in US where a Pakistani works , he is pakistan citizens and apply for Indian visa to meet her sister in India, dint get it multiple times, denied, his sister applied pakistan visa get it immediately.
So i guess something is wrong in India with Muslims.

A small example me and my Muslim friend in India apply for US student visa , i got it immediately he never got it, Now who is the culprit here India or US?.

Another example:
I visit some shop in US where a Pakistani works , he is pakistan citizens and apply for Indian visa to meet her sister in India, dint get it multiple times, denied, his sister applied pakistan visa get it immediately.
So i guess something is wrong in India with Muslims.

These are administrative matters and between the countries based upon their strategic policies.

We are talking about issues of native poor Muslims in India.

Agreed with you. And NO i do not refute that majority Hindus are also in the same position in India. Again the opening line of your post sums it up that all this is going on due to prejudice. Dont you think so ?

Absolutely. So the basic pointis you guys belong to a state which is governed by religion and we grew up in a place which is secular ( well i know what examples i will get but lets not discuss that now). So being in a secular country, what I learnt is that religion is not the sole factor.

So here you were telling about opening more schools in muslim area, my point is, great idea but why only muslims? There are slums where even other religion people are below the poverty line. So should we not think about everyone as a whole and try to uplift everyone and indirectly muslim population will also go up?

I hope I made my point clear. Bottom line is
India even after 62 yrs still fighting poverty and election are won on the same punch line. So lets try to kill poverty and everyone will grow ( along with muslims), inshallah

@Jana,

Atleast you have to agree that Indian muslims as a whole are much better of than muslims in other parts of the world like China for example as along with freedom of religion we can fight for our legitimate rights and contribute to progress of India. For example, the youngest scientist working on the Chandrayaan mission was a female muslim scientist and she was a Jamia Millia student! Jamia Millia and AMU are one of the best institutions in India if anyone knows about academic rankings and not just muslims but a large number of the students and faculty are actually non-muslims as well which shows its popularity. So no discrimination there.

So atleast give us Indians credit where its due :). Which other country has a female muslim scientist working on a moon mission?
Khusbo Mirza in ISRO
Or even which country has made a muslim nuclear scientist its head of state?

Last edited:
BJP a hindutva-vadi party has people like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussein.

Your Hindutva related link has nothing to do with Topic.

GB

Of course it has to do with the topic.
I would not mind if hindutva is a small segment of people like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussein but they are not. They were in power and even ruling several of indian states till now.

You Completly missed the point. No one is calling for establishing Islamic educational institutes. I am asking for opening more schools in Muslims majority areas with normal educational syesten/books which are taught all over India.

THere are schools everywhere including muslim majority areas. Private,public,government all kind of schools.

And your statement that IIM or IIT guy is always picked up over a Jamia Milia or Aligarh Muslim University student, proves the biase towards Muslims as i dont think so that later offere only Islamic education.

No. Its not an offence. an IIT or IIM student will be picked over anyone from any other university. Not necessarily muslim university. Its not an offence to Islamic education its a standard that matters.

Barkha Dutt a renowed Journalist of NDTV is alumni of Jamia Milia. AS Ejaz pointed out a Moon mission scientist is also alumni of Aligarh Muslim University.

It means that the good institutions are discriminated just because they carry the word Muslim or Jamia.

No. There is nothing good or better than IIM or IIT.

do some google on IIT and IIM. Only best brains get admissions at these institutions including muslims who qualify.

Tha word Jamia and Muslim has nothing to do with it. You are simply twisting my statement.

Chandrayaan mission was a female muslim scientist and she was a Jamia student!

The article says Aligarh not Jamia.

After her Class 10 examinations, Khushboo, a district level volleyball player, joined the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) and later applied for a BTech at the same university.

How???
I would not mind if hindutva is a small segment of people like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussein but they are not. They were in power and even ruling several of indian states till now.

They were only in power for 5 years. Rest 55+ years someone else (not Hindutva) is ruling India.

Hence they are a small segment and has nothing to do with topic.

GB

They are ruling states after being duly elected by the people of those states just like the Communists also are.

That's the beauty of democracy..every one gets equal chances to excel or make a fool of themselves.

Which other country has a female muslim scientist working on a moon mission?

Saudi main driving ki permission mile yehi bahut hua. Forget Scientist and all.

even which country has made a muslim nuclear scientist its head of state?

Ab dukhati nabz par haath mat rakho considering the fact that AQ Khan was/is under house arrest.

GB

Last edited:
The article says Aligarh not Jamia.

After her Class 10 examinations, Khushboo, a district level volleyball player, joined the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) and later applied for a BTech at the same university.

Thanks for correcting me, her brother is a graduate of Jamia Millia. But regardless, even Jamia Millia students get jobs as long as their grades are good just like any other uni and their journalism program is quite good as well.

Thanks for correcting me, her brother is a graduate of Jamia Millia. But regardless, even Jamia Millia students get jobs as long as their grades are good just like any other uni and their journalism program is quite good as well.

However I stand correct that IIT and IIM students always get preference over Jamia or Aligarh.

Again this has nothing to do with the word Jamia or Muslim University as alleged by some.

GB

They are ruling states after being duly elected by the people of those states just like the Communists also are.

That's the beauty of democracy..every one gets equal chances to excel or make a fool of themselves.

Natsi also elected to power and they did not brought any beauty to the world.
A hate preaching party is allowed to run its relentless propaganda is a shame to the Indian democracy. They must be disbanded or not they must be disciplined and put those fanatics behind the bar.

Also if we count the number of votes they secured which were far bigger than the entire muslim community in India. We can not just ingnore the fact.

Somebody says they were in power for 5 years but they have the potential to come to power anytime soon as well. They are the second biggest party of India.

A hate preaching party is allowed to run its relentless propaganda is a shame to the Indian democracy. They must be disbanded or not they must be disciplined and put those fanatics behind the bar.

Also if we count the number of votes they secured which were far bigger than the entire muslim community in India. We can not just ingnore the fact.

Somebody says they were in power for 5 years but they have the potential to come to power anytime soon as well. They are the second biggest party of India.

Arre isko koi sambhalo yaar. Ab main thak gaya.

Bass karo.

I need some rest.

See you all tommorrow.

GB

Just focus on the Indian muslims for now. Lets not go towards the "grapes are sour" route. Indian muslims are not having a tough time and need pity. Yes they are issues and Indian muslims are capable of tackling it themselves. We didn't need any help two decades ago when the situation was much worse and we don't need any help now when its much better. Unfortunately because of terrorist activities muslims all over the world have suffered indirectly for the actions of extremists and wrong policies of a few countries.

I envision a time where as India becomes a world leader, so too will the Indian Muslims lead the global Muslim community as would the Indian hindus, sikhs and Christians be world leaders for their own communities. And I am not just talking about the technological or economic aspect but also from the theological and spiritual aspect.

Just focus on the Indian muslims for now. Lets not go towards the "grapes are sour" route. Indian muslims are not having a tough time and need pity. Yes they are issues and Indian muslims are capable of tackling it themselves. We didn't need any help two decades ago when the situation was much worse and we don't need any help now when its much better. Unfortunately because of terrorist activities muslims all over the world have suffered indirectly for the actions of extremists and wrong policies of a few countries.

I envision a time where as India becomes a world leader, so too will the Indian Muslims lead the global Muslim community as would the Indian hindus, sikhs and Christians be world leaders for their own communities. And I am not just talking about the technological or economic aspect but also from the theological and spiritual aspect.

I am glad you said that. Yes India muslim does not need pity and that is the spirit every muslim bears in their heart no matter where he lives. But I am not advocating for pity here but a real danger to the muslim of entire region if those fanatics are allowed to grow. We saw that in Gujrat, we see that in Assam and also almost every where. A big portion of Indian voters fall for their hate muslim propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom