Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three NATO troops killed by bomb in Afghanistan
By AFP
Published: December 3, 2011

US army soldiers from Alfa battery company HHB 3-7 Field Artillery Regiment 3rd Bct 25th ID walk across rocky terrain during a mission in the Turkham Nangarhar region of Afghanistan bordering Pakistan, on October 5, 2011. PHOTO: AFP/FILE
KABUL: Three troops from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) were killed by a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan Saturday, officials said.
ISAF did not say which country the dead troops were from or give further details in line with policy.
There are around 140,000 international troops in Afghanistan fighting a Taliban-led insurgency, 100,000 of them from the United States.
“Three International Security Assistance Force members died following an improvised explosive device attack in eastern Afghanistan today,” an ISAF spokesman said.
Many of the decade-long Afghan war’s worst fighting takes place in eastern Afghanistan, which is close to the border with Pakistan.
Pakistan closed its supply routes to NATO forces in Afghanistan after 24 Pakistani soldiers were killed by a NATO air strike last Saturday close to the mountainous, porous border, provoking a major diplomatic row between Islamabad and Washington.
The latest deaths take to 542 the number of coalition troops killed in Afghanistan this year, according to an AFP tally based on that kept by independent website iCasualties.org.

RIP to the dead soldiers. It is sad that these troops have to face the brunt of their leaders' & country's foolhardy endeavors in the region. Most soldiers deployed are like regular people, who want to fight for their country. It is sad that they have lost their lives in vain.

I think it is "highly likely" the AFG Taliban may have inflicted causalities on NATO. AFG Taliban should conduct an investigation into the attack.

All,

Wait for the final report to be released by the Taliban. We have to wait for both sides of the encounter/situation so that were impartial and neutral to the truth.

We don't know what led to the attack, so let's wait for AFG Taliban officials to debrief the public to what exactly happened. I hope this does not strain relations. The AFG farmers rely on NATO troops to protect their opium crops.

I think it is "highly likely" the AFG Taliban may have inflicted causalities on NATO. AFG Taliban should conduct an investigation into the attack.

I think it'll take them a month to come up with the results of that investigation.

^Certainly these kinds of matters must be taken with the greatest sensitivity to detail, so the AFG Taliban official investigation taking a month or so is a reasonable timeline. Nonetheless, we have to wait for the final report on to what exactly happened.

Report: AFG Taliban said they received fire from the location NATO troops were present and pursued with action.

Very disturbing to read some of the Pakistani replies in this topic.

I get that everyone's pissed off at NATO, but we should never stoop down to the Taliban's level.

RIP to the troops

Report: NATO soldiers were "asleep" when AFG Taliban conducted a strike on their position after receiving fire from that locality.

So I guess this forum has given up its policy for ensuring all soldiers of all armies are respected in death.. If yes, then its another notch down.. Sad..

anyway, RIP to the dead soldiers.. Hope they Pay this back ten folds to whoever is responsible

The best way to respect the troops is to wait for the final report to be released, the truth is the best way to respect the fallen.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

How do we know that one of the NATO troops accidentally pull his own grenade and got a triple suicide? That's why we have to wait for a final report so that we can discuss this with facts not opinions.

isn't it also theese taliban that kills Pakistani soldiers and civilians... i understand, you hate NATO.

that doesn't mean you should blindly support someone who agrees with you. what about the families that lost someone because of theese taliban people?

Actually those who do terrorism and bomb blasts inside Pakistan they are also CIA funded terrorists they are not Talibans.

Taliban were doing operation against invaders when few came under hostile fire and they call for IED support they planted the IED and escaped to extraction point, NATO soldiers started celebrations and suddenly few became victim of IED blast. :cry:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom