What's new

Three Army personnel killed in encounter

Three jawans killed, a militant gunned down in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir | NDTV.com

Srinagar: Three soldiers of the Rashtriya Rifles and a militant were killed this morning in a gun-battle in south Kashmir, an army officer said.

Troops of counter-insurgency force Rashtriya Rifles and police were laying a cordon around Bachoo village of Tral tehsil in Pulwama district, 35 km from the state capital Srinagar, when militants opened fire at them, spokesperson for the army's Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lieutenant Colonel Ankur Vasisht told IANS.

"Three soldiers were killed in the militant fire," he said, adding that the security forces returned the fire in which a militant was killed.
"A militant, identified as Burhan of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit, is believed to have been killed. But we are yet to recover his body as the gunfight is still on. One more soldier has sustained injuries in the gunfight," the officer added.

The attack on security forces in Kashmir comes a day after police killed Hilal Molvi, a commander of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group, in Srinagar yesterday morning.

Hundreds of british soldiers have given up their lives in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Hundreds more in Iraq. Did the british PM give an emotional speech at each death?

Yes, at every PM's question time in the house of parliament aired on national TV, the British PM gives a speech naming every single soldier, including military or non-military death and a moments silence is given to show respect.

Yes, at every PM's question time in the house of parliament aired on national TV, the British PM gives a speech naming every single soldier, including military or non-military death and a moments silence is given to show respect.

And that much (or its equivalent) will be done in India as well. They will be accorded a funeral with full military honors, which means that the service chiefs and PM will formally express the nation's gratitude, in a manner befitting a martyred fighter. On republic day, their names will be read out by the president and broadcasted to a billion viewers. There are formal procedures laid down for showing respect to a fallen soldier.

Take the question in context, instead of literally. The person I responded to was asking why the death of this soldier is not being given as much prominence all over the world as the assassination in London. I was telling him that the events are not comparable.

The British PM had to make a speech, and the event shocked the nation, and was front page news in all British media, and many foreign ones, and a lot of discussion and debate is going on about it. However, the deaths of British soldiers in the line of duty do not each (individually) get so much attention. Of course the nation will pay respect to each fallen soldier. Britain does, and so does India.

That was the point of my post, and I wasn't implying that martyred soldiers are not noticed at all or given any sort of recognition in Britain.

Britain's 1 soldier dies :- Their PM gives an emotional speech with their media highlighting this issue at the world stage .
3 Indian soldiers die :- Not a single word from our ministers , neither do I expect them to say !!
R.I.P.

Please don't polticise this. The 1 UK soldier was butchered by Islamic terrorists on the streets of the UK's capital- of course the PM makes a statement. 100s of UK soldiers have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and no one in the Govts has battered an eye pretty much.

Don't be sensational.

RIP warriors.

Please don't polticise this. The 1 UK soldier was butchered by Islamic terrorists on the streets of the UK's capital- of course the PM makes a statement. 100s of UK soldiers have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and no one in the Govts has battered an eye pretty much.

Don't be sensational.

RIP warriors.

Excuse me :angry: !! Now I could also present my statement in that manner . Watch
The 3 Indian soldiers was butchered by hardcore Islamic radicals of Kashmir on the streets of India but of course my good for nothing PM doesn't feel they deserved any ******* attention .
We don't value our soldiers lives . I have seen the amount of respect Indians give to Indian soldiers when compared to Italy .

Excuse me :angry: !! Now I could also present my statement in that manner . Watch
The 3 Indian soldiers was butchered by hardcore Islamic radicals of Kashmir on the streets of India but of course my good for nothing PM doesn't feel they deserved any ******* attention .
We don't value our soldiers lives . I have seen the amount of respect Indians give to Indian soldiers when compared to Italy .

Difference is London isn't in an ongoing conflict wherein proxies are infiltrating and engaging Indian soldiers on a regular basis and have been doing so for decades now. If an Indian soldier was killed in such a fashion in New Delhi then there'd be a HUGE outcry from the GoI just as their was from the UKG. Context is key. Like I've said- the UK has lost hundreds of soldiers in conflicts from N.Ireland to Iraq to Afghanistan and the kind of outrage and attention you saw this week is not present for those other poor souls- other than lip service in PMQs, nothing else is said or done. You are comparing apples and oranges- remember the beheading incident earlier this year? These exceptional circumstances caused huge response from the GoI. I don't know about your experiences but let me tell you there is ample respect for soldiers in India.

My uncle is here in the UK visiting and he has recently retired from the IA (7 PARA) and he tells me he has not paid for a single meal at his favorite local restaurant in Punjab since the owners learnt he was in the Army, he has had many free cab rides as he was in uniform, when he visits his cousins' village as soon as he arrives his bags are taken off him and carried by children or other adults as they respect servicemen so much. He tells me he gets a lot more smiles when he is in uniform and has had many people come upto him and bless him for his service. He has been to more than one military funeral in his time and he tells me hundreds of civilians flock to the occasions to pay their respects to the fallen even if they didn't know them.

My uncle was severely injured when in IA service and his entire ,extensive, hospitlisation and rehabilitation process was paid for by the GoI/IA with civilian medical experts being brought in to consult with the IA medical staff on his very specific injury. When it was ruled that he would never be fit enough to return to active service due the extensive damage, he was honourably discharged with full pay for a certain amount of months, full pension, housing etc etc . During his time in the Military all his health and dental needs were meet by the IA. So don't you dare tell me India doesn't look after its soldiers or care about their lives. This is a common fallacy propagated by a few ill-informed individuals.

Four Indian soldiers have been killed in an ambush by militants in the Indian-administered Kashmir region, officials say.

Lieutenant Colonel Ankur Vashist, an army spokesman, said the soldiers were searching for militants in the village of Hardu Buchoo, located 40 kilometers (25 miles) south of the city of Srinagar, on Friday when they came under attack.

"The militants fired at the soldiers from outside the village, when the cordon was laid. Four of our soldiers were killed," Vashist said.

Militants later fled into a nearby forest. Extra security forces were sent to the area to track down the gunmen.

Police officer Abdul Gani Mir said one militant was killed in the fighting. He added that security forces are ascertaining his identity.

The ambush came a day after Indian forces killed a top militant from the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist group.

Kashmir lies at the heart of more than 60 years of hostility between India and Pakistan. Both countries claim the region in full but each only has control over a section of the territory.

Over the past two decades, the conflict in Kashmir has left over 47,000 people dead, although unofficial sources say the death toll could be as high as 90,000.

PressTV - Four Indian troops killed in militant ambush in Kashmir

Great news but I am sad yesterday one indian brig survived in another shooting incident...Well done kashmiries bleed these tyrants to their ultimate death...:pakistan: Long live Pakistan

Just say RIP an get over it dude.....

Great news but I am sad yesterday one indian brig survived in another shooting incident...Well done kashmiries bleed these tyrants to their ultimate death...:pakistan: Long live Pakistan

What utterly disgusting behaviour and shows your pathetic and reprehensible mentality.

@Topic RIP men- you died defending your nation from this scum and they'll get theirs before too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom