What's new

Three Army personnel killed in encounter

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Three Army personnel killed in encounter - The Times of India

SRINAGAR: Three Army personnel were killed on Friday in an encounter with militants in Tral area of south Kashmir's Pulwama district.

An Army spokesman said the troops had launched an anti-insurgency operation in Buchoo village in Tral area of Pulwama, 40 kms from here, following a tip off about presence of militants in the area.

"As the troops were laying the cordon around the village, the militants hiding in the nearby forest opened firing, resulting in death of the three jawans," the spokesman said.

He said additional security forces have been rushed to the area and a manhunt has been launched to track down the militants.

Further details of the operation were awaited. There were unconfirmed reports that the militants fled from the scene along with the service rifles of the slain jawans.

May the Soul of Deceased Soldier's Rest In Peace... Hunt down the terrorists and kill them.:sniper:

R.I.P. , souls of our fearless jawans, who lay down their lives, so we can have good ones ! we all pray for you and remember your sacrifice and promise you that whatever field we work in, whenever your family (that includes Indian army) walk in , you will always get a priority over others ! i for one am keeping that promise and always will !

Rest in peace brave soldiers........ Hope their family get the strength to overcome this difficult time....

There were unconfirmed reports that the militants fled from the scene along with the service rifles of the slain jawans.

This is bullsh!t! These Yahoos have never had the guts to fire from close range in an operation such as this. If it was a cordon party they fired on, they must have been at least 100m away and fired indiscriminately to divert the party's attention from the search operation. How the heck can they just come in and walk away with their service rifles?

This is so funny, I'm choked!

[/B]
This is bullsh!t! These Yahoos have never had the guts to fire from close range in an operation such as this. If it was a cordon party they fired on, they must have been at least 100m away and fired indiscriminately to divert the party's attention from the search operation. How the heck can they just come in and walk away with their service rifles?

This is so funny, I'm choked!

Other sources report the same, however weapons can be replaced not the lives lost.
What must be concerning for authorities is that this is now happening on regular basis.

Britain's 1 soldier dies :- Their PM gives an emotional speech with their media highlighting this issue at the world stage .
3 Indian soldiers die :- Not a single word from our ministers , neither do I expect them to say !!
R.I.P.

One happened on the streets of London, on a soldier who was not even on duty. Technically that was an assassination. This happened in the line of duty.

Hundreds of british soldiers have given up their lives in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Hundreds more in Iraq. Did the british PM give an emotional speech at each death?

You are comparing apples and oranges. Military personnel who die in the line of duty will be given a military funeral with full honors. That is the established decorum. The PM will not, and should not give emotional speeches for that.

Back
Top Bottom