What's new

Threatening war against Pakistan is height of folly: report

Not so. America can't come close to approaching Pakistan's record in 1971. But it's more than that. It's not just a matter of crimes committed. It's about justice done. For example, the Abu Gharib torturer-soldiers were tried and convicted. The mysteriously secret never-brought-into-the-light kidnappers and slayers of Pakistanis past and present remain free at large, as do many other Pakistanis.

It is unequal that some peoples should be better than others. It is upsetting to discover that one's own people are much worse than others - but that realization is the necessary prerequisite to changing course. Better now than never - the longer you wait, the more people will suffer.

Go buy yourself a beer , you are sounding more stupid than usual.

the NATO has the watch...

the resistance fighters have the time..

fighting is pretty much the only thing they've done all their lives......on mountain warfare, even history's mightiest powers always faced defeat at the hands of these fighters. We can see history repeating itself once again.

the NATO has the watch...

the resistance fighters have the time..

fighting is pretty much the only thing they've done all their lives......on mountain warfare, even history's mightiest powers always faced defeat at the hands of these fighters. We can see history repeating itself once again.

American forces need to withdraw from Afghanistan. There is no victory there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also look at this map.

1385490-3x2-940x627.jpg

What part of the country is secured? Wtf does low risk mean?

the Abu Gharib torturer-soldiers were tried and convicted. The mysteriously secret never-brought-into-the-light kidnappers and slayers of Pakistanis past and present remain free at large, as do many other Pakistanis.

It is unequal that some peoples should be better than others. It is upsetting to discover that one's own people are much worse than others - but that realization is the necessary prerequisite to changing course.

Better now than never - the longer you wait, the more people will suffer.

with all due respect, Solomon, your country (one whose people I like a lot) waged an illegal war on Iraqis in 2003 --a war based on a pack of LIES, deceit, myths......a war which killed millions of Iraqis, destroyed their economy further, and brought a civil-war like situation which destabilized the entire neighbourhood.

and on that note --- there were many fighters/mujahideen from "friendly" countries....how many Kuwaiti and Saudi fighters fought in Ansar Al Sunnah and Al Tawheed Wa Al-Jihad? Did you ever take it up with those countries?

foreign boots in alien countries with alien cultures will inevitably fuel and breed extremism....and that is what America's "war on terrorism" has brought. Whether this was the objective or not, well i don't know. But what i do know is that you can't use laser guided bombs and precision guided munitions or cluster bombs to bring democracy and peace.

bombing for peace is like f*cking for virginity. Think with your head.

as for Abu Ghraib and all that --- the damage was done. Doesnt matter if the culprits (despicable people calling themselves "soldiers" and adorning their right upper arms with USA flag) are caught or not. Blackwater (Xe) still operates, despite killing scores of people; and what about Guantamano Bay?

During campaign (BS'ing) season leading up to 2008 election, your "dear leader" Obama pledged to shut down Gitmo Bay ---a prison where suspected "enemy combatants" have been held in isolation with little access to legal council. In many cases, the inmates were innocent people. Will they receive justice? Why has Obama reneged on almost every promise he made?

I think his promise he made in that Cairo Speech --in which he addressed the Muslim world -- was a speech he (or his advisors) concocted just for the sake of ear-candy and nothing else.

reneging on promises, waging needless wars and bullying countries is the prime reason for anti-US sentiment in the world. It's an unfortunate trend b/c for a long time, people saw (and some still see) US as a beacon of light; an enviable country which many hope to emulate. The prestige is wearing off, and it's sad --actually. I'm critical of both Pakistan and the U.S. policies (Pakistan's domestic policies and U.S. foreign policy in the region). Suffice (and needless) to say that I would never wish harm on either one of them.

the best advice I would give is one that was recently prescribed by the DG-ISI himself:

do NOT allow things to get to a point of NO return.

Also look at this map.

1385490-3x2-940x627.jpg

What part of the country is secured? Wtf does low risk mean?

must be out-dated map

"enemy" i'm sure refers to Afghan taleban (in 2001 we were told that the enemy was 'Al Qaeda fighters' --go figure)

definitely outdated, considering I know the ground reality in Paktia province very well. "High risk" is a very overly-optimistic outlook. Kandahar as well.

Kabul --as demonstrated in the past few months -- is definitely far from stable though "they" would like you to think otherwise

must be out-dated map

"enemy" i'm sure refers to Afghan taleban (in 2001 we were told that the enemy was 'Al Qaeda fighters' --go figure)

definitely outdated, considering I know the ground reality in Paktia province very well. "High risk" is a very overly-optimistic outlook. Kandahar as well.

Kabul --as demonstrated in the past few months -- is definitely far from stable though "they" would like you to think otherwise

Bro this is a US military map of the present situation. That's why I'm :rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Looks like the 2009 map from the Reuters article
AN AFGHANISTAN MAP THAT THEY DIDN’T WANT TO SHOW YOU

Where I got it from, it said it was updated 2011. Anyways I could be wrong.

Observer7,

Where did Pakistani Taliban came from? Who is providing them ammunition, support and training to act against Pakistan? They are not part of Afghan Ataliban who are supposidely supported by Pakistan. So what's the story about them? How are they able to survive years after years and rage a full-scale war against Pakistan without any monitory, military and technical support?

For Afghanistan, we have been supporting Taliban since the time they took over Afghanistan in 1990s. They are not our people but we support them as they are not hostile towards us. Its simple 2+2=4. That part is clear, now get your nose into the smelly part and try to answer the question of backing TTP and who does that.

Fact is that its too late to act you as kid. We know your hands are dirty and your country have done crimes against Pakistan. Its not just you, its also Israel who supports Baluchistan Rebels. Now If you are doing it and openly so, just put an eye on what you are doing so you won't complain when the same is done with you or your allies in Afghanistan.

we know very well who is supporting TTP and providing weapons and money to them ..... TTP is behind the killing of innocent PAKISTANIS.....dont advice us what we should do ...... you should advice your GOVT to close you consulates in Afghanistan that are providing safe heaven and support to anti Pak elements and stop helping BLA
how many Americans died in 9/11 attack and how many iraqis and afghanis died after that kindly compare it ?
Rumors said that 9/11 was inside job what about that ?
lol rumours and conspiracy is something very common in your country so that's why you hear such things? ahh what Hillary Clinton had said about pakistan and pakistanis ? .... anybody ???

Washington report is showing the true picture of the zionist lobby. I guess they gone crazy.

^^^^
Are you objecting to the U.S., the U.N., or both? To the Security Council resolutions, or the U.N. Charter itself?

I understand your bitterness - it can't be easy to be a proud citizen of a country which has been on the verge of being declared a terrorist state for two decades. But does that really give you the moral right to lash out at decent people - and decent countries' leaders - instead of the obligation to change your own society?

I usually try to avoid you and your posts,
reason being your Jewish ancestry,

there are people of all religions here on the forum.

Do you REALLY honestly believe once your own history is told them every one here
will you have any moral standing left ?

we know very well who is supporting TTP and providing weapons and money to them ..... TTP is behind the killing of innocent PAKISTANIS.....dont advice us what we should do ...... you should advice your GOVT to close you consulates in Afghanistan that are providing safe heaven and support to anti Pak elements and stop helping BLA
how many Americans died in 9/11 attack and how many iraqis and afghanis died after that kindly compare it ?
Rumors said that 9/11 was inside job what about that ?

Its so strange that despite of seeing all that happening in front of your eyes you like to still remain blind. Instead of condemning the evil acts you justify by believing the rumors. Havent you seen OBL openly threatening US that they will attack them. Haven't you seen those Talibanies committing grave crimes to poor women and children in Afghanistan. Haven't you seen those brain washed youths taking training and practicing shooting at bases in Afghanistan. Haven't you seen those Talibanies shooting people in cold blood. Haven't you seen those kind of atrocities and lawlessness in that land. Havent you seen people slitting throats of poor innocent reporters or foreigners in the name of vengeance. Seeing all this if you still choose to remain insensitive then how will justice prevail.
Brother you and me are both the creation of great God. we all share the same blood of Adam. Its not a matter of settling scores and earning brownies. Its not about giving a counter or showing what India has done or some other country has done. Its about standing for the Right and for the justice. If some one has done wrong then then condemn it. Than giving a counter what others have done. Change has to be done from within, from within the country.

I wish that US becomes the biggest foe of Pakistan at least literally , so that pakistan comes out of its anti-India mindset and India and Pakistan live with peace and harmony !

Its so strange that despite of seeing all that happening in front of your eyes you like to still remain blind. Instead of condemning the evil acts you justify by believing the rumors. Havent you seen OBL openly threatening US that they will attack them. Haven't you seen those Talibanies committing grave crimes to poor women and children in Afghanistan. Haven't you seen those brain washed youths taking training and practicing shooting at bases in Afghanistan. Haven't you seen those Talibanies shooting people in cold blood. Haven't you seen those kind of atrocities and lawlessness in that land. Havent you seen people slitting throats of poor innocent reporters or foreigners in the name of vengeance. Seeing all this if you still choose to remain insensitive then how will justice prevail.
Brother you and me are both the creation of great God. we all share the same blood of Adam. Its not a matter of settling scores and earning brownies. Its not about giving a counter or showing what India has done or some other country has done. Its about standing for the Right and for the justice. If some one has done wrong then then condemn it. Than giving a counter what others have done. Change has to be done from within, from within the country.

unfortunately there is no way i can thank you more then once.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom