What's new

This Is Why I Love My Pakistan.

82d8a97db6a952e71cf3dece1572d2a9.gif

:angry::hitwall:

I've noticed from the fotos here and elsewhere that while you guys seem to have the same cars as us, with a number of hi end brands and models, your motorcycles suck big time man.

Every motorcycle seems to be the Hero Honda CD100 type. Dont you guys have anything better? If not, why not? What do the middle class yuppies ride or aspire to? Or is it that after CD 100, straight to 4 wheels? No leisure/pleasure biking going on there (not talking about the sbk elite ..... but aam junta)?

Cheers, Doc

I've noticed from the fotos here and elsewhere that while you guys seem to have the same cars as us, with a number of hi end brands and models, your motorcycles suck big time man.

Every motorcycle seems to be the Hero Honda CD100 type. Dont you guys have anything better? If not, why not? What do the middle class yuppies ride or aspire to? Or is it that after CD 100, straight to 4 wheels? No leisure/pleasure biking going on there (not talking about the sbk elite ..... but aam junta)?

Cheers, Doc

yes our motorcycle industry sucks, they have been providing the same bikes for last 10 years, every year they change the graphics and increase the price by a 1000. after CD100 its CD125 and then 150.

One of a few better looking bikes in pakistan.

CD125 Ravi piago

ff088aa98014c344f6e40d09b9d637a4.jpg

Honda CG125

Excel 125

2475e1ca612bb7761c4460e397729ed1.jpg

71680e2e721288a439958886d73e552d.jpg

Attachments

• ff088aa98014c344f6e40d09b9d637a4.jpg
    ff088aa98014c344f6e40d09b9d637a4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2475e1ca612bb7761c4460e397729ed1.jpg
    2475e1ca612bb7761c4460e397729ed1.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 20
well....people who ride sohrab cycles who save up, eventually get CD70 or CG125 Honda or Yamaha Royale 4 stroker. People who have those, eventually aim to get a Cuore or Corolla. Etc. etc.

common man uses bikes just for transport, not to do wheelies and zoom around at 240 km/h

Young lower/middle class youth are good at turning 125CC bike into reasonably quick bikes; they modify the handle bars, remove the fairings, get lighter rims, remove standard brakes and put in disc rotors, and removing other un-necessary components like head-lights, silensor and speedometer

for those who have the money, heavy bikes are very popular. Just go to Karachi or Lahore or twin cities or Peshawar --or even Abbotabad and you can find big presence of them. I know places in Peshawar where you can get grey market heavy bikes for super cheap.

Nowdays its cold and foggy. I have my 2nd hand Harley Davidson 1200R, which i brought from Istanbul last year.

overall, good bikes scene. But you are more likely to see "common man" bikes such as these 100CC 4 strokers simply because there are more of them on the road. They make good transport for lower income people, and they dont take too much fuel.

here are some "fun" videos

Majid Khan, One of the best Wheelie experts in Karachi

i am not endorsing or encouraging above activities......for the record

traffic police have become very strict in Pakistan; now they take away your bike and/or imprison and challan you if you are caught doing wheelies on public roads....things have changed a lot...though on sundays or during national holiday like 14/08 you can see such things quite commonly

Last edited by a moderator:
Here also the scene is not much different, though our bikes are probably a generation ahead (up to 250 cc).

Then of course we have the WW-II vintage Royal Enfield Bullets which are 350 and 500 cc. Off late those too are getting modernized to a degree.

The SBK crowd here has been majorly traumatized off late thanks to customs raids all over the place ..... otherwise the grey market was booming here too, with bikes being shipped in as industrial machinery, etc. and assembled here.

Cheers, Doc

cc doesn't determine modernity. We had older and larger displacement bikes in 80s such as CD 200 which was v twin and had electric starter. But they weren't always reliable and they were oil burners. We don't really have indigenous base but we have Pakistani companies which market bikes but use components from China and Japan. Example would be Pak Hero and Sohrab 70, which are quite cheap. Those who can afford proper bikes go for imports, as they are easy to get here. Legally and illegally

cc doesn't determine modernity.

Abu I am a biker too ..... and while what you say is true, it is equally true that there is no replacement for displacement, and I would rather have more power even if I have to nurse and coddle my bike, rather than ride these lunas.

As the market matures, and as the public becomes more discerning, and biking moves away from purely commuting to a niche segment who bike for pleasure (and commute in cages) and demand better more powerful machines, all manufacturers introduce one flagship model which is of higher capacity.

Unfortunately for us power hungry bikers, those jumps in cc are of test tube like volumes with each manufacturer pushing the bar by 5 cc extra and labeling the bike as an ALL NEW model and the best thing to have ever happened to Indian biking .....

Rest of the times, its new stickers, fancy plastics, mag wheels, or an extra valve or spark plug ....

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
some mentally retarted ppl are showing off on bikes...i am really against this wheeling and other things,wats the use of it.show off and self satisfaction or enjoyment,doing enjoyment by keeping your life in danger.it is stupid..ride on bike is really nice but this way ,neither of them will get money nor gf by doing this,only could get hospital bed or peace forever...

some mentally retarted ppl are showing off on bikes...i am really against this wheeling and other things,wats the use of it.show off and self satisfaction or enjoyment,doing enjoyment by keeping your life in danger.it is stupid..ride on bike is really nice but this way ,neither of them will get money nor gf by doing this,only could get hospital bed or peace forever...

yes i agree it is a dangerous practice; but some of the kids do it out of thrill and for the adrenaline. I remember in I was in Lahore in 1997 for independence day celebrations, and i saw 2 bikers doing zig-zag wheelies on Mall road, just before bridge leading to fortress stadium....then ended up colliding - one of the kids took heavy injury i dont even know if he survived.

this is geo news documentary on one of the wheelers; the ending is really heart-breaking

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers, Doc

There is a whole thread attributed to super bikes in Pakistan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/genera...164-superbikes-pakistan-pictures-feature.html

one of my friends brother had an accident while wheeling an "unluckily" he survived he is now on bed cant sit can not stand can not talk properly cant remember properly.
The shock her mother suffered was very similar. She has stopped smiling ever since.
I hate these wheelers ..

ive had my fair share of 'spills'.......we used to ride around on GT road when spring came; i was the only one who wore leathers and helmet. I foolishly down-shifted on a curve, and it caused me to wobble and high-side. Bike spit me off like a water-melon seed! At the time, i had a 1997 TL1000 Suzuki V-twin.

i dont regret this decision to wear helmet and gear

despite the measures, the road ate threw my denim jeans. Still got the road rash scars (on my ***, and legs).

our common people dont have concept of motorcycle safety --and its most unfortunate. I could share all the dings and dents in my old helmet.

those damage would have been to my skull had i not worn it

There is a whole thread attributed to super bikes in Pakistan.

We know you guys have superbikes buddy ..... we have a Indian forum called xbhp which has a big thread (I think by a pakistani biker) on Pakistani superbikers.

I was more interested in your aam junta bikes ..... cause 99% biker population of both our countries ride those.

If you have the money, then sky is the limit.

Cheers, Doc

ive had my fair share of 'spills'.......we used to ride around on GT road when spring came; i was the only one who wore leathers and helmet. I foolishly down-shifted on a curve, and it caused me to wobble and high-side. Bike spit me off like a water-melon seed! At the time, i had a 1997 TL1000 Suzuki V-twin.

i dont regret this decision to wear helmet and gear

despite the measures, the road ate threw my denim jeans. Still got the road rash scars (on my ***, and legs).

our common people dont have concept of motorcycle safety --and its most unfortunate. I could share all the dings and dents in my old helmet.

those damage would have been to my skull had i not worn it

Absolutely 100% with you on this brother ..... I just somehow feel naked and incomplete if I do not have my jacket, boots, gloves and helmet on ..... even for a shortish ride.

Have a scar on my right shoulder, on my chin, a torn medial collateral ligament in my left knee, and couple of broken bones in my left foot as trophies from the spills I've had. :cheers:

Speaking of leathers, is it true that Pakistan supplies much of the pre-branded biking leathers to the big brands like Alpine Stars, Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, etc.?

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom