What's new

Thirteen die in Kashmir clashes

dabong1

<b>PDF VETERAN</b>
Reaction score
Thirteen die in Kashmir clashes

Thirteen people have been killed in clashes between militants and security forces in Indian-administered Kashmir, police say.
The dead included at least 10 militants and two soldiers, the police said.

The police claimed to have foiled a suicide attack in the border district of Kupwara by intercepting a vehicle carrying the militants on Thursday.

Three militants were killed in the ensuing fighting, the police said. A civilian woman was also killed.

In a separate incident in Kupwara, suspected militants belonging to the Lashkar-e-Toiba (Let) attacked an Indian army convoy near the town of Handwara.

A Let spokesman said seven soldiers were killed in the attack. However, an army spokesman said one soldier was killed, and three others, including two soldiers, were wounded in the incident.

In another incident along the Line of Control (LoC), the de facto border that divides the disputed region of Kashmir, Indian troops killed six suspected militants who were trying to cross into India from Pakistan, an army spokesman said.

One Indian soldier was also killed in the incident.

The police said three militants were killed in an another clash with militants in the central district of Budgam.

Around 60,000 people have been killed since the insurgency began in 1989.

But correspondents say that violence has decreased in Indian-administered Kashmir after India and Pakistan began peace moves in 2004.

India accuses Pakistan of recruiting and arming the militants, a charge Pakistan denies.

The two countries have twice gone to war over the divided region of Kashmir.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6252096.stm

good riddance terrorist LeT scum

rip soldiers, your lives have avenged

I think you meant good riddance Indian terrorist army scum....another super operation by the brave freedom fighters of LeT.:sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

na, i meant what i said, they are far better kashmiri woman raping Mirpuri,Afghani and Pakistani's

Kashmiri women take up arms for self-protection

Middle East Times

RELUCTANT COMBATANTS: Two members of an all-female armed group, the Village Defense Committee, undergo military training by the Indian army in Surankote mountains in disputed Jammu and Kashmir.
( )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARAH, Jammu and Kashmir -- Women in Jammu and Kashmir have now picked up guns against Islamic militants to protect their homes.

At least 30 Muslim women in the disputed region to the north of India and Pakistan have constituted a separate all-women Village Defense Committee (VDC) and are operating with the Indian army in the forested mountains of Surankote in the Poonch district bordering the Pakistani side of Kashmir to fight militants.

"Now militants do not dare enter our village," said 18-year-old Nishat Bee, the youngest member of the group. Her companion, however, corrects her by saying, "In fact militants have not been this way since we picked up guns against them."

On a visit to the twin villages of Marah and Kulali, one finds tall, slender Muslim women sporting rifles on their shoulders while grazing cattle alone in deep forests or standing on top of the roofs of their homes to keep a watch on militants.

"I am proud to fight a Jihad [holy war] against marauders who have cheated us of our dignity and honor," says Shamima Akhter, the 30-year-old commander of this particular women's group.

"Militants who would force us to provide them shelter, food and at times to entertain them physically were harassing us physically and mentally. If we opposed them they would commit rapes or kill our family members. We wanted to confront them and the only way to do it was to acquaint ourselves with the basic functioning of guns and grenades," she added.

The majority of the men of this border belt work in Gulf countries leaving their women, children and elderly back in remote mountainous villages, the access to majority of which is through hours of rough walks that make the women soft targets.

It is common practice for the militants to seek shelter, food or seek sexual favors from these women, and in case of refusal, it is not unusual to rape or even kill them, using locals to work as porters on gunpoint in villages.
The Kashmir conflict traces its roots to 1947, when India and Pakistan simultaneously gained their independence from Britain. Pakistan was formed from the majority Muslim part of British territory, and India from the majority Hindu part.

The state of Jammu-Kashmir, with a majority Muslim population but a Hindu ruler, chose to be a part of India in a process that many believed to be illegal. Since then, India and Pakistan have fought three major wars over Kashmir, and close to 1 million have died in the violence. In 1989 the Kashmiri independence movement turned militant and began to promote the independence of Kashmir from India through violent means.

The VDCs were set up in Jammu and Kashmir in the mid-nineties following a number of massacres of the innocent inhabitants of the troubled region's far-flung villages. As there were no police or army pickets near these inaccessible villages, the Indian security forces provided military training to locals, and equipped them with weapons and wireless sets to counter militant attacks. At least 450 such VDCs are now functional in Jammu and Kashmir.

The foundation of this first women's VDC goes back to March 2003, when local Muslim priest Mir Hussain was killed by a group of mainly foreign Lashkar E-Tayyaba militants when he tried to stop the rape of his wife.
The priest's brother, Fazal Hussain, returned from the Gulf where he had been working, and with the help of the Indian army constituted the first ever-Muslim village committee in the border district of Poonch.

This group helped the Indian army destroy the biggest militant hideout in the famous Hill Kaka bowl in the mountains of Surankote in July 2003. At least 150 foreign militants were killed in the operation. To avenge those killings, a Lashkar group in April 2004 attacked Kulali village and killed 14 women and children while the men were out on an operation.
Later, in June 2004, the militants executed another attack, which was repulsed by a woman, Khatoon Begum, who had learned to use a 303 Rifle from her son. Although she died in the attack her act helped save at least a dozen members of her family from Islamic guerrillas.

"Khatoon Begum's daring act lead to the foundation of all Muslim women VDC. We were supported by our husbands and fathers and thus trained ourselves in the operation of 303 rifles, SLRs, grenade throwing and other military aspects of how to react and repulse a militant attack", stated another women fighter, Shahnaz.

Tahira Begum, wife of VDC member Tahir Hussain Choudhary and mother of three says, "we want to live with honor and dignity and [for that] we have waged a war against these gun trotters [who are] a blot on the name of Islam.
"It is an amazing feeling to hold a gun in one's hand for a noble cause," Begum added. "On several occasions in the past eight months I have come across jihadis in the forests who are scared and who go into hiding. I am proud to be fighting a jihad against these marauders who cheated us of our dignity and honor."

Trained in the firing, basic handling and cleaning of weapons, as well as in battle craft and field craft drills, nearly every month these women go to nearby army camps to polish up on their shooting skills and to update their knowledge of weapons used commonly by terrorists.

"They have an extraordinary learning zest," said Indian army Public Relations Officer R.K Chhibber.

"We check on their fire ranges and other technical aspects almost every month. They also assist us in vital operations."

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050923-083928-8729r

The IA should freaking rape and kill any member of the family of any Let or Jem member.

The IA should freaking rape and kill any member of the family of any Let or Jem member.

lol@ for that they wil have to go to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan...
Did you see the number of people (muslims) from Kashmir valley joining the Indian Army, in yesterday's recuritment drive on TV. People have had enough with Terrorist, they have learned to understand propaganda and reality. They wanted a better tommrow as promised to them, but when they came to know Indian Kashmiri's lived a better life and enjoyed more freedom than Pakistani Kashmiri's; they now dont care a flying **** about what is told by the miltants. They dont want to join Pakistan anymore, its either be with India or be compelelty indpedent.

What Kashmir wants is a KPS Gill and Riberio. Sikh and a Christain, amazing men who bought the best in the Indian Police. IndianArmy can never do what they did.

What ever idoits Indian Army has, They should give them even more punishments, as well as the IA pay and rotation.

lol@ for that they wil have to go to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan...
Did you see the number of people (muslims) from Kashmir valley joining the Indian Army, in yesterday's recuritment drive on TV. People have had enough with Terrorist, they have learned to understand propaganda and reality. They wanted a better tommrow as promised to them, but when they came to know Indian Kashmiri's lived a better life and enjoyed more freedom than Pakistani Kashmiri's; they now dont care a flying **** about what is told by the miltants. They dont want to join Pakistan anymore, its either be with India or be compelelty indpedent.

You have started dreaming again.

na, i meant what i said, they are far better kashmiri woman raping Mirpuri,Afghani and Pakistani's

Just what i expected from from low class scum.... low class remarks.The real indian mentality now coming out.
What do you want me to say that the indian army with the freedom fighter should pay a visit to southern india and show you a rape show....lets start in your town.
I can carry on but whats the point....keep to the topic and try not to be a smart ***.

excuse me,

are you denying the article that i posted about women being raped. I have seen more than enough interviews of poor kashmiri's raped by afghani, pakistani and uzbek terrorist or so called freedom fighters
, "indian mentality" ,... rather i see your true colours coming out.
Please do come to southern India...Bring whatever you can.
You talk smart comments, expect smart comments back, Free Speech Bud.

Just what i expected from from low class scum.... low class

I thought muslims dont have any classes etc, all muslims are equal and blah, are you really trying to insult me by calling a low-caste person, try better einstien. You make laugh and utterly feel pity on a soul like you.

excuse me,

are you denying the article that i posted about women being raped. I have seen more than enough interviews of poor kashmiri's raped by afghani, pakistani and uzbek terrorist or so called freedom fighters
, "indian mentality" ,... rather i see your true colours coming out.
Please do come to southern India...Bring whatever you can.
You talk smart comments, expect smart comments back, Free Speech Bud.

As in other countries throughout the world, rape is common in India. Rape is a social disease. Hardly a day passes without a case of rape being reported in Indian newspapers and media.Women belonging to low castes, and tribal women are more at risk. What is sad about rape in India is the lack of seriousness with which the crime is often treated.Statistics from 2000 showed that on average a woman is raped every hour in India. Women's groups attest that the strict and conservative attitudes about sex and family privacy contribute to ineffectiveness of India's rape laws. Victims are often reluctant to report rape. In an open court victims must prove that the rapist sexually penetrated them in order to get a conviction. This can be especially damaging. After proving that she has been raped, a victim is often ostracized from her family and community. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that rape laws are inadequate and definitions so narrow that prosecution is made difficult.

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has received information from reliable sources about the rape of a young woman who was subsequently sold in a public auction on 20 August 2005 in Chirgaon village, Latehar District, Jharkhand for six rupees (13 US cents).

Piary, a tribal woman was sexually abused by four people from her village Chirgaon over the past year. As a result of this Piary soon had a child and demanded that the four villagers accountable for her predicament take responsibility for her child. The village heads first decided that the perpetrators should pay some money to Piary, but when she rejected this, they then decided to auction Piary and her child off.

Piary and her daughter were auctioned off to Somarji with the approval of the villagers who also celebrated this event. An organisation working with tribal women informed the police of this gross violation. However, in the raid that followed all the perpetrators involved in this crime managed to evade the police.

It is alleged, according to an update in the news the next day, that a young man seeing Piary's plight agreed to marry her and adopt her daughter. This apparently met with everyone's approval.

However, in light of the above, please immediately ask the Chief Minister of Jharkhand to ensure that all the perpetrators including the village heads involved in the offences against the victim are arrested. The police need to be vigilant and see that all the laws and processes are in place and firmly implemented so that such incidents do not take place in the future.

You bunch of sick savage indians......rape is that what is always on your mind.

FREE SPEECH

Back
Top Bottom