What's new

The world famous Arabian horse

Sorry for interruption sheikh.
We have arabian horses in Pakistan Army mona Depot located at sargodha, certified from World Arabian horse Organisation W.A.H.O. Some land lords from elite background have straight egyptian Arabian horses.
Personally i like Arabian horse due to it's loyalty and endurance. :)

I am not a "Sheikh" brother, lol.

Thank you for the information. I ventured into the universe of Youtube and found many videos of Arabian horses in Pakistan.

Pakistan has a lot of lovely farms and farmlands and such environment is perfect for horses, including Arabian horses. Also wide areas of land that they can room freely in. Unfortunately there are hardly any wild Arabian horses left as they were domestic so long ago.

I am a big fan of nature and the environment. KSA has a lot of very big national parks and wild areas that I hope tourists from across the world will be able to see/visit one day. Pakistan the same.

A Sharif if we are to be formal but this is not something that anyone puts emphasis on, at least not in Europe where most do not even know what it is!

Neither a Sheikh nor a Mullah. I respect both those people just as I respect the common laborer. You have bad apples among all sectors of the society. It is wrong to make fun of ordinary Mullah's or laborers or whatever. All of us regardless of job or status have a purpose in this world. We should be judged upon our actions and character.

I will brother. Thank you for your informative post. I have a big weakness for horses. It must run in the family because my father also loves horses. In general I like animals, lol. Horses are mostly associated with girls here in Europe, lol, so it's a bit different.

What is your favorite horse breed?

Arabian, Anglo-Arabian, Andalusian, Thoroughbreed, Hispano-Árabe (fushion of the Arab and Andalusian) and the Percheron. There are so many different breeds and fusions so it's difficult.

But those above are definitely my favorites and the Arabian is my favorite if I had to pick one. I mean the Arabian has influenced all those above so you could probably guess that already.:)

If I one day become a proud father of a daughter or more than 1 and will have the money, environment etc. available I will buy her an Icelandic Pony, lol. Apparently those are a hit for young girls.

Whatever the breed, I am a fan of horses. Always will be.

A Sharif if we are to be formal but this is not something that anyone puts emphasis on, at least not in Europe where most do not even know what it is!

Neither a Sheikh nor a Mullah. I respect both those people just as I respect the common laborer. You have bad apples among all sectors of the society. It is wrong to make fun of ordinary Mullah's or laborers or whatever. All of us regardless of job or status have a purpose in this world. We should be judged upon our actions and character.
It wasn't about respect, it was about trolling you. Just bugging you cause you're my Bro.

Arabian, Anglo-Arabian, Andalusian, Thoroughbreed, Hispano-Árabe (fushion of the Arab and Andalusian) and the Percheron. There are so many different breeds and fusions so it's difficult.

But those above are definitely my favorites and the Arabian is my favorite if I had to pick one. I mean the Arabian has influenced all those above so you could probably guess that already.:)

If I one day become a proud father of a daughter or more than 1 and will have the money, environment etc. available I will buy her an Icelandic Pony, lol. Apparently those are a hit for young girls.

Whatever the breed, I am a fan of horses. Always will be.
Your favorite horse breeds are similar to mine.:D
Is it easy to own arabian horses in saudia Arabia? Here straight Egyptians are in millions. :(

Your favorite horse breeds are similar to mine.:D
Is it easy to own arabian horses in saudia Arabia? Here straight Egyptians are in millions. :(

Sorry for the late reply. I have to leave PDF so I will make it short, although I would have loved to write a detailed post as I usually tend to do if people ask me about something.

That's because we seem to value the same traits in horses.

Horse breeding was historically very popular in KSA, the Arabian Peninsula and many Arab nations. Aside from horse racing which is still a popular sport in KSA.

In "the old days" horse farms in KSA were more numerous. Nowadays a few individuals, mostly wealthy people from the House of Saud and other well-known business families etc, own huge large horse farms. They have developed somewhat of a monopoly in this regard.

It's an expensive hobby so not many people own Arabian horses. You need to own a farm to keep them and it's a big job. Especially if you want to earn money from it and not just as a hobby. It's the same in Europe.

Although horse racing, horse breeding is an important Arabian tradition it's not really something that your average Joe engages in.

In the last few years more people have started to become interested in this heritage and horse festivals have emerged in many Saudi Arabian cities that have attracted large crowds.

In this thread you can see that I have posted numerous photos and videos from KSA of horse farms, private individuals riding horses etc.

It's a big business as well.

Some quick links:

Stables of HM King Abdullah Bin A'Aziz Al-Saud & Sons

The Farm | Athbah Stud

Website Inquiry Al Khaled Farm | About Us | Al Khaled Farm story

AL-Mohamadia Stud :: Arabian Horses, Stallions, Farms, Arabians, for sale - Arabian Horse Network, www.arabhorse.com

Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Arabian Horse Festival

King Abdulaziz Arabian Horses Center at Dirab | Achievements

Last edited:
@engineer saad

jziu0i.png

Arabian horses are legendary. Even the ancient tamil stories mention how the kings bought Arab horses for their armies. Such was its fame.

I recently read about the ancient relations between Arabia and South Asia and after studying a few related subjects it came to my knowledge that Arabs and Tamils (South India and Sri Lanka in general) have had considerable relations on many fronts. First and foremost trade but likewise settlements of Arabs. The Sri Lankan Moors for instance claim partial Arab ancestry. I also know that the first human migrations into that part of the world (South Asia) came from Arabia. I think that the ancient Vedoid element in South Asia came from Arabia originally. In very small isolated pockets of Yemen and Southwestern Oman and in particular the islands of Socotra (which is the Galapagos Islands of Asia and by many considered as the most allies looking place on earth) you can find a very small minority of Vedoid looking people. It's a mystery where they came from but I think that "my" theory (I think that genealogists have established this already but I am not sure) makes the most sense.

2n8zg8x.jpg

Actually Arabia alongside with East Africa has played an absolutely crucial role in the human migration history and not surpriginsly those two areas of the world have been inhabited by humans longer than any other regions of the world. Sadly both regions are still very much terra incognita when it comes to archaeology despite our knowledge of numerous ancient civilizations found in both regions, in particular Arabia.

Photos from mostly KSA:

z6iQjCd.jpg

jYAMcn2.jpg

byZM4wd.jpg

qqttUJ2.jpg

NXfylMt.jpg

Ga5SPVe.jpg

9kxCL5T.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom