What's new

The Scumming Superpower

I can see your point ..........................

Thanks. Again, "dirty" or "ethical" are adjectives that simply do not apply here, no matter what you may say.

Why is the US so worried about a region that has nothing to do with them? Should they not be worrying about Mexican drug cartels in THEIR OWN region?

What you say is correct for regional powers. As a global superpower, all the world is USA's business.

I had no idea that the world's "leading democratic super-power/champion of human rights" would resort to playing dirty. I can see that maybe Saddam has used to mustard gas, provided by the US, but the only Super-power to use it so far and in multiple occasions would be the US.

What I get from the article is that the US was never genuinely concerned about the Afghan people. They are now willing to compromise with the Taliban who they endlessley demonized. Tsk Tsk. And after all the innocents that died on this cowboy adventure you think American has won friends or made enemies in the international arena?

Btw Mr. Cheng there is no way I can see the US economy recovering from this disaster.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I had no idea that the world's "leading democratic super-power/champion of human rights" would resort to playing dirty. I can see that maybe Saddam has used mustard gas, provided by the US, but the only Super-power to use it so far and on multiple occasions would be the US.

What I get from the article is that the US was never genuinely concerned about the Afghan people. They are now willing to compromise with the Taliban who they endlessley demonized. Tsk Tsk. And after all the innocents that died on this cowboy misadventure you think America has won friends, or made enemies in the international arena?

Btw Mr. Cheng there is no way I can see the US economy recovering from this disaster.

Btw Mr. Cheng there is no way I can see the US economy recovering from this disaster.............

Sure, you may not see it, but the US economy will recover. For example, the US is a net exporter of energy, including oil products, so far for 2011. The fundamentals are robust enough to carry the economy forward.

Sure, you may not see it, but the US economy will recover. For example, the US is a net exporter of energy, including oil products, so far for 2011. The fundamentals are robust enough to carry the economy forward.

The real problem is the unsustainable debt. Can AIPAC run American govt keep borrowing-yes-but for how long????

The real problem is the unsustainable debt. Can AIPAC run American govt keep borrowing-yes-but for how long????

The debt is in local currency and most of it is held by USA itself, and while large, it can be carried for quite some time yet without any issues; the remedies will be implemented well in time before then. I have no doubts here.

This shows that they care about Afghan people,it will take them few minutes to drop hydrogen vacuum bombs over Afghanistan,there will be no taliban after that,but they want afghan people to live a happy life but not at expense of USA security.

I think they tested some wmd in agfanistan also, there are many ngo's claming it!
:undecided:

I agree with Chang, US gets the work done in the end; the method they used is very simple, they just changed the definitions of terrorists, evils forces, bad guys etc etc... and lo USA is the winner, Poor Generals could not have done that in decades what polticians have done in minutes.

Waiting for hollywood Movies on Afghanistan war...... will be a great fun to watch.

.................... Poor Generals could not have done that in decades what polticians have done in minutes.

That just shows why politicians always win in the long run. Therein lies an important lesson.

win or lose, fact is that the US are going to have some serious consequences either way. some of them are already showing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom