What's new

The Nuclear Battlefield - India vs Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question though ..... how ready would the Pakistani leadership be to nuke its own people were Indian forces to overrun a major Pakistani city, and poised to consolidate and push further?
Cheers, Doc

Doc,

If I understand the article correctly, the focus isn't going to be so much on capturing territory or their cities, rather all our efforts will be aimed at inflicting as much damage as possible on the Pakistani military.

Pakistan's primary population centers most notably Lahore and Islamabad are close to the border and are thus extremely vulnerable, however it is in India's interest not to exploit this weakness as any such move is likely to prompt a nuclear strike on major Indian population centers by Pakistan. Moreover, as the article states, India will not attempt any offensives in Punjab. Our efforts will probably be centered in Rajasthan & Gujrat.

I believe the two basic tenets of the strategy is firstly to force the Pakistani military to come out an fight (as no Pakistani government can ignore an Indian invasion), deteriorate their military beyond 'repair' (Pakistan would probably not be able to amass a military of the size and caliber for a long, long time) and secondly to fend off any Pakistani counter attack so as to deny them any bargaining chips.

India will not give Pakistan a reason to use nuclear weapons by a) not attacking any major cities and b) not threatening/attempting to sever the country in two. In any case, Pakistan would never attack its own citizens, it would attack ours if we forced their hand.

Last edited:
Doc,

If I understand the article correctly, the focus isn't going to be so much on capturing territory or their cities, rather all our efforts will be aimed at inflicting as much damage as possible on the Pakistani military.

Pakistan's primary population centers most notably Lahore and Islamabad are close to the border and are thus extremely vulnerable, however it is in India's interest not to exploit this weakness as any such move is likely to prompt a nuclear strike on major Indian population centers by Pakistan. Moreover, as the article states, India will probably not attempt any offensives in Punjab. Our efforts will probably be centered in Rajasthan & Gujrat.

I believe the two basic tenets of the strategy is firstly to force the Pakistani military to come out an fight (as no Pakistani government can ignore an Indian invasion), deteriorate their military beyond 'repair' (Pakistan would probably not be able to amass a military of the size and caliber for a long, long time) and secondly to fend off any Pakistani counter attack so as to deny them any bargaining chips.

India will not given Pakistan a reason to use nuclear weapons by a) not attacking any major cities and b) not threatening/attempting to sever the country in two. In any case, Pakistan would never attack its own citizens, it would attack ours if we forced their hand.

lol, you make it sound as if its nothing, in real life i'd like to see your army do that! Indian army doesn't stand a chance on Pakistani soil!

lol, you make it sound as if its nothing, in real life i'd like to see your army do that! Indian army doesn't stand a chance on Pakistani soil!

I didn't come up with the strategy and I'm no military professional. I'm sure when the Indian military came up with the strategy they would have done so with a realistic assessment of their own capabilities.

Feel free to disagree but please elaborate on your statements in the future. As in why you think the IM doesn't stand a chance, how the PA will respond etc.

[PLEASE DO NOT post youtube videos, make senseless statements and kindly take the time to outline your rationale.]

A scenario that has a base count for civilian casualties of 24 million it would go up from there with cancers fallout and starvation as infrastructure broke down.

How many of those would be children?

Perhaps it is time Pakistan and India realised they have both grown to powerfull for war to even be considered.

I have a question though ..... how ready would the Pakistani leadership be to nuke its own people were Indian forces to overrun a major Pakistani city, and poised to consolidate and push further?

Cheers, Doc[/QUOTE]
Every one has a right to dream and you are no exception.
However in 2002, after mobilizing some one million forces, and remaining on the border for almost a year and losing over 300 soldiers without a shot being fired and then beating a hasty retreat, you shouldn't portray your dreams into what your forces are incompetent of achiving, hence it's ...... CHERIO DOC. !!!

Pakistan has more nuclear weapons than India, claim US experts - India - The Times of India

I didn't come up with the strategy and I'm no military professional. I'm sure when the Indian military came up with the strategy they would have done so with a realistic assessment of their own capabilities.

Feel free to disagree but please elaborate on your statements in the future. As in why you think the IM doesn't stand a chance, how the PA will respond etc.

[PLEASE DO NOT post youtube videos, make senseless statements and kindly take the time to outline your rationale.]

PA? lol, why is it always about PA, you indians are a funny bunch! We don't need the PA, the Pakistani people themselves can deal with indian army! don't forget it wasn't the PA who captured 40% of Kashmir, it was regular ordinary Pakistani tribes who captured it, the PA entered the war later on!

But i understand the mentality of indian army, they dream to much and too much dreaming can lead to bad things!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

A scenario that has a base count for civilian casualties of 24 million it would go up from there with cancers fallout and starvation as infrastructure broke down.

How many of those would be children?

Perhaps it is time Pakistan and India realised they have both grown to powerfull for war to even be considered.

Lol, bro don't worry, if these indians want war then BRING it on!

We Muslims have nothing to be afraid of, remember in history Muslims have given a lot of sacrifices! From the first crusade and the mongol invasions to the recent massacres of Gujrat, Muslims have been killed, but for us Muslims death is not a problem because the life of this world is temporary, we don't fear death! These indians can continue to dream about capturing our cities (which won't happen)!

We're not afraid of indian military!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Basically, Pakistan has 10 Corps along with Strategic Corps for Nuclear Weapons.

Its Main Strike Corp also known as Army Reserve North is composed of I Corp and II Corp. In an event of War Indian plan is to tie them them down in a battle of attrition since a war of maneuver in Punjab seems very unlikely.

In Kashmir, Pakistan has X Corp, which will be reinforced by XI and XII Corps from the West along with Northern Area Corps. They will be entrenched in a defensive formation along the LOC.

Pakistan's 2nd Main Strike Corps is known as Army Reserve South and is composed of IV, XXX and XXXI Corps. The V Corp will function as a strategic reserve. It is here around Southern Punjab/Northern Sindh where India can wage a war of maneuver that it will attack with their two main strike corps and will simply overwhelm the Pakistani Corps.

This is Pakistan's Army biggest weakness.

And the article is exactly right, in 3-4 weeks, the Pakistani Army will crumble under the immense weight of an Indian Offensive.

What Pakistan needs to do is this, IMO:

1 - Create a General Reserve Army of 2 Corps (2 Mechanized and 4 Infantry Divisions and 8 Independent Brigades). Around 120,000 men, 750-1,000 Tanks and supporting artillery, mortar, anti-aircraft and anti-tank brigades. This Army would only be activated in a time of war with India. Its aim would be to plug the hole should front-line troops of Army Reserve South crumble under the Indian onslaught.

2 - Add another Corp to the Sindh Command and move the Sindh Command from a Reserve Army to frontline troops. In a time of war, the Sindh Command composed of V Corp and another Corp will give India pause should it chose to launch an offensive in Southern Punjab.

In total, Pakistan needs to increase the size of its Army from 550,000 to about 600,000 active duty men along with increasing the Reserve Force from 528,000 to 650,000 men along with 1,000 - 1,500 Tanks, and numerous anti-tank, artillery and anti-aircraft units.

This should be enough for Pakistan to wage an effective defensive war with India and prevent any territory from falling into Indian Hands. :pakistan:

Doc,

Pakistan's primary population centers most notably Lahore and Islamabad are close to the border and are thus extremely vulnerable, however it is in India's interest not to exploit this weakness as any such move is likely to prompt a nuclear strike on major Indian population centers by Pakistan. Moreover, as the article states, India will not attempt any offensives in Punjab. Our efforts will probably be centered in Rajasthan & Gujrat.

India will not give Pakistan a reason to use nuclear weapons by a) not attacking any major cities and b) not threatening/attempting to sever the country in two. In any case, Pakistan would never attack its own citizens, it would attack ours if we forced their hand.

Thanks Spitfighter,

I got the gist of the article in that its less an invasion and more a one-time capability destruction.

My point was ..... the oft quoted Pakistani use of tactical nukes on advancing Indian army columns in the open desert could be offset by a two-prong blitzkrieg type assault where the Indian army overruns both Islamabad and Lahore before Pakistan can react.

What happens then? The enemy is in your house .....

Will Pakistan go nuclear? Where?

In the desert?

On their overrun metropolises (including central command Islamabad)?

On Indian civilian targets as a first strike?

Coz any which way you look at it ..... 40 kms or 60 kms or 100 kms ..... if the Indian army advance is not met with the full force deployment of the Pakistan army ...... then till where does the Indian army advance to get at the remainder and neutralise them?

There will be cities in the way ..... and their so-called axis of tolerance.

Do we chase them all the way to Afghanistan?

Or will we have another Iraq as the top brass of the Pakistan army melts away overnight out of the country, and the army regulars hurriedly go civilian?

Cheers, Doc

Do we really need to attack Pakistan, It already on the verge of collapsing (well done RAW).:cheesy:

In any future conflict, keep the 1971 scenario in equation as tables might turn. While the Indian Army is engaged in a full fledge war with Pakistan, it will also have to fend off the home threat as well.
The low level insurgencies in half a dozen states would indeed flare up.
Forget about the Iraq possibility, it's more plausible like Afghanistan, the Indian forces may as well retreat to the sanctuary of the Indian Capital, with States declaring Independence all around. !!!

In any future conflict, keep the 1971 scenario in equation as tables might turn. While the Indian Army is engaged in a full fledge war with Pakistan, it will also have to fend off the home threat as well.
The low level insurgencies in half a dozen states would indeed flare up.
Forget about the Iraq possibility, it's more plausible like Afghanistan, the Indian forces may as well retreat to the sanctuary of the Indian Capital, with States declaring Independence all around. !!!

Yes now I think its your turn to dream..BTW what stuff are you using ?? :bounce:

Nothing as strong as you people are hooked on.;)

Atleast our people didnt said we will get support internally from enemy country..I think you are having the strong stuff than ours :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom