What's new

The Last Sikh Warrior

these Nihangs made swiss cheese of the Afghans we should teach this style of martial arts to Indian soldiers anyone know if we teach martial arts to Indian soldiers? i already know that Sikh non officer soldiers in the Sikh Regiment/light infantry are trained in gatka and other martial arts

To be fair, I do not know if these skills are really useful in actual modern combat. They could help in nurturing your body and spirit and keeping it ready for any eventuality but unless it comes to hand-to-hand combat they wont be used.

To be fair, I do not know if these skills are really useful in actual modern combat. They could help in nurturing your body and spirit and keeping it ready for any eventuality but unless it comes to hand-to-hand combat they wont be used.

Their utility is in endurance training. Commandos /Special forces recruits are given extensive training in martial arts , hard-to-hand combat to enhance their survival skills. Many elements of fighting , with knives,sticks and steel weapons can be adopted from this techniques and added to the standard commando-manual for fight moves --created by martial experts for the army and special forces.

this is the first i have heard of this style of Sikh martial arts it must have been popular during the times of the Sikh empire when Nihangs would train i hope that someone is interested in preserving Shastar Vidya

Back
Top Bottom