What's new

The largest tank battle in history: Battle of Kursk documentary

I think there should be more n quality documantries on the battle of Chawinda. in 1965

B/w Pakistan and India.:yahoo:

The Second largest tank battle in history of man kind.

I think there should be more n quality documantries on the battle of Chawinda. in 1965

?Really?
It was one of the largest tank battles in history since the Battle of Kursk in World War II.
Pakistan 132 + 150 tanks v India 225 tanks
Battle of Chawinda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2nd and 3rd Armies were ordered to attack eastward in six simultaneous thrusts over a broad front, leaving behind five infantry divisions to hold the bridgeheads. The attacking forces, consisting of 800-1,000 tanks would not have SAM cover, so the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) was tasked with the defense of these forces from Israeli air attacks. Armored and mechanized units began the attack on October 14 with artillery support. They were up against 700-750 Israeli tanks.
Yom Kippur War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the onset of the battle, the Israeli brigades of some 3,000 troops, 180 tanks and 60 artillery pieces faced off against three infantry divisions with large armour components comprising 28,000 Syrian troops, 800 tanks and 600 artillery pieces
Yom Kippur War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

Not even close....even Goodwood was bigger.

two big mistakes made by hitler one was operation barborossa BEFORE he ended the war in the western theater & second was operation citedal! the soviets had 3 factors which have never been defeated, enormeous amount of land second enormous amount of men & finally the bloody cold weather!

napoleon lost & so did hitler.

Utter nonsense. Only around 600 tanks participated in that battle, which did not even have a clear or decisive result like Kursk.

two big mistakes made by hitler one was operation barborossa BEFORE he ended the war in the western theater & second was operation citedal! the soviets had 3 factors which have never been defeated, enormeous amount of land second enormous amount of men & finally the bloody cold weather!

napoleon lost & so did hitler.

Germans could have never won the war.

well all of europe was under their control for well over 3 years everything was going well until the fateful barbarossa campaign & destruction of hitler's 6 th army in stalingrad! so i believe they could have won easily

well all of europe was under their control for well over 3 years everything was going well until the fateful barbarossa campaign & destruction of hitler's 6 th army in stalingrad! so i believe they could have won easily

They lost to the Royal air force already in 1940/1941 and they couldnt have stood a chance against the US and its industrial might an inner stability! The german industry relied more and more on slave labour and Hitler had to face resistance in nearly every occupied country. Furthermore, even if they had captured Moscow, the Russians would have just shifted their capital further to the east like they did it during the Napoleanic wars. During the battle of Moscow, the Soviets already had moved many important factories into the east, out of German range.

In the west we keep these wierd things called "records,"...

And do u know from those weird things the MORE CREDIBLE things r the person or the Army who actually fought it itself!!!

No ..they could have never :-

1. America was yet to start war . The moment America joined war , Germans started loosing .

2. Britain stopped all their thrust . Not only this , they started bombarding the german position .

3. Germans had only itlay and Japan as allies . Itlay was small and less powerful while Japan was far-far away .

4. America , Russia , Britain and France were big players . Their combined power was formidable.

5. Germany was a tiger surrounded by lions . It had to see the defeat .

Utter nonsense. Only around 600 tanks participated in that battle, which did not even have a clear or decisive result like Kursk.

HAHAHAH What a joke it seems u have a very little knowledge about it.
450-500 tanks participated from yr side only n come 281 tanks i think from our side.
In that War u had attacked Chawinda in Sialkot Sector. We defended that successfully n u had retreated with just 150-100 tanks...So who was the winner!!!!

Well its clearly the defending side who won because it succeeded in defending the area n u failed to capture the area for whom u had Actually Attacked.

The main purpose of yr attack didnt fulfilled......

Back
Top Bottom