What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

@Manticore what would you suggest is the best brand in pakistan for whey protein that gives good quality for a reasonable price ? (5000 PKR for 2 pounds of powder is kinda ideal price/quantity range for me)

@Manticore what would you suggest is the best brand in pakistan for whey protein that gives good quality for a reasonable price ? (5000 PKR for 2 pounds of powder is kinda ideal price/quantity range for me)
I bought the 2pound optimum whey gold standard [extreme milk choclate flavour] for Rs4700 this ramazan from GNC.
I went for the 2pounder as this was a new flavour for me which I hadent tried earlier. Otherwise I buy the 5pounder which is 30% more economical per scoop

Optimum and dymatize are 2 brands in pak which dont do amino spiking with useless filler protiens

maxresdefault.jpg

I am also using these 2 brands-- this pic is not mine however.
With the dymatize gormet elite chocolate however i add milo or coffee pwder in the shake along with milk

These brands are GMP certified

http://info.nsf.org/Certified/GMP/Listings.asp

I bought the 2pound optimum whey gold standard [extreme milk choclate flavour] for Rs4700 this ramazan from GNC.
I went for the 2pounder as this was a new flavour for me which I hadent tried earlier. Otherwise I buy the 5pounder which is 30% more economical per scoop

Optimum and dymatize are 2 brands in pak which dont do amino spiking with useless filler protiens

maxresdefault.jpg

I am also using these 2 brands-- this pic is not mine however.
With the dymatize gormet elite chocolate however i add milo or coffee pwder in the shake along with milk

These brands are GMP certified

http://info.nsf.org/Certified/GMP/Listings.asp

do you take casein with it too? would you recommend it for a beginner?

do you take casein with it too? would you recommend it for a beginner?
The gold st. is whey [isolate+concentrate+enzymes] is what i take post workout

The dymatize gormet elite is a whey + casien blend which I take with milk -- i take it whenever i need to, to meet daily protien requirements

The companies would push you to buy whey as post workout as casien is relatively slow to absorb. Combat and phase8 have predominantly casien, are also mostly taken at night.

About a decade back, I used to take whey post workout and casien-whey blend at night but now I dont care that much as long as I am meeting my daily protien requirements, the protien is quality GMP certified and not amino spiking

Both are protiens and their source is same. Profile is also similar. Absorption rates are different.

The dymatize gormet elite is a whey + casien blend which I take with milk -- i take it whenever i need to, to meet daily protien requirements

The companies would push you to buy whey as post workout as casien is relatively slow to absorb. Combat and phase8 have predominantly casien, are also mostly taken at night.

About a decade back, I used to take whey post workout and casien-whey blend at night but now I dont care that much as long as I am meeting my daily protien requirements, the protien is quality GMP certified and not amino spiking

Both are protiens and their source is same. Profile is also similar. Absorption rates are different.

@Manticore I m using Syntha 6 for the past six months and , before that i was a skinny 50 kg's weight, and now i m at 62 kgs. what should i do, keep on talking syntha 6 or try some other like Gold st whey isolates.

Last edited:
@Manticore I m using Syntha 6 for the past six months and , before that i was a skinny 50 kg's weight, and know i m at 62 kgs. what should i do, keep on talking syntha 6 or try some other like Gold st whey isolates.

Syntha 6 is a good tasting protein. I use it during winters during gains, but for shredding I rely on ON -Hydrowhey and MP Combat.

My current stack is :

MP combat / ON Platinum Hydro
ON Fish oil
Pre-Jym Pre Work out/ ENGN EvN (two week cycle alternate)
Muscle tech Platinum MultiVitamin
ON CLA

And it;s working pretty well for me. I have reduced my Protien intake substantially though.

Syntha 6 is a good tasting protein. I use it during winters during gains, but for shredding I rely on ON -Hydrowhey and MP Combat.

My current stack is :

ON Fish oil
ON CLA

And it;s working pretty well for me. I have reduced my Protien intake substantially though.
Why??How old are you??

Its taste is awesome 1 scoop of it with 4 bananas and 6 dates, there u go an unforgettable taste.

Why??How old are you??
I am 33, and it's shredding season now for soccer season and competition cycling. I am at 185-188lbs and need to be at about 170 in next couple of months.

Its taste is awesome 1 scoop of it with 4 bananas and 6 dates, there u go an unforgettable taste.
damn that's fancy...
Just milk and two scoops of Syntha six blended with ice is almost feeling of a cheat. :) Enjoy dude.

go to GNC and buy syntha 6 its cost is about 6000 and tell them u want to make a member ship card. and every time you will purchase from GNC they will give u 20% flat discount.

@Manticore I m using Syntha 6 for the past six months and , before that i was a skinny 50 kg's weight, and know i m at 62 kgs. what should i do, keep on talking syntha 6 or try some other like Gold st whey isolates.
The more tasty the powder, more the carbs are present. Thus the the more calories per scoop

Its the caloric excess which causes weight gain, easily achievable by carbs. Weight gainers have cheep carbs. With gold standard, which has less carbs,you will have to add half a scoop of glucose [galaxose-D in pakistani general stores] to maintain your weight gain

bsn and optimum have same parent company if i remember correctly. Glanbia is a cheese producing company from usa which owns both the brands.

http://muscle-insider.com/content/bsn-sells-company

My current stack is :

ON Fish oil
ON CLA

If you
Add triflex and remove preworkout --- rest is similar to my stack

f your body can't break down the flavoring chemicals, does that mean your urine would taste like Coke Zero?

I´m currently bulking a bit. I try to build up mass but dont feel to fat. So far its going good. I made a mistake during my last season and shredded too much and it looked great but i did not feel that good. Dont want repeat that mistake

Back
Top Bottom