What's new

The Health and Fitness Thread

Legs are much harder bro. ;)

pfo93vs3.jpg

You have a great looking upper body bro. Keep it up! Btw, what do you mainly focus on? Bench press? Chest press? Or curling? Your deltoids are huge man, how you get it that big?

You have a great looking upper body bro. Keep it up! Btw, what do you mainly focus on? Bench press? Chest press? Or curling? Your deltoids are huge man, how you get it that big?

Doesn't look natural, most likely on steroids.

bench press and curling mostly.

That is the way to go. What is your sets/reps?

@Nihonjin1051 if you care....

At my peak before i got lazy and stopped going to the gym i would do 15 sets on the bench alone. I would start out at at like 170lbs do 8 reps, then go to 150lbs at 8 reps and finally 130lbs at 8 reps. Then i would do the same with biceps, ect and i would repeat the process. My chest got extremely big in a short time but i felt like throwing up at such an intense workout.

Nihonjin i would never recommend it for beginners. You should start slow and gradually increase your weight/reps ever couple weeks or so. If you don't change your workout your body just adjusts and stops growing so always change it up.

yup pretty common with dentures, change in type of tooth brush or even tooth paste if you are allergic to the base or if its poor quality
I have been using it my whole life . It's Colgate . I have stopped using any toothpaste and the affects are visible , the sensitivity is fading .

That is the way to go. What is your sets/reps?

@Nihonjin1051 if you care....

At my peak before i got lazy and stopped going to the gym i would do 15 sets on the bench alone. I would start out at at like 170lbs do 8 reps, then go to 150lbs at 8 reps and finally 130lbs at 8 reps. Then i would do the same with biceps, ect and i would repeat the process. My chest got extremely big in a short time but i felt like throwing up at such an intense workout.

Nihonjin i would never recommend it for beginners. You should start slow and gradually increase your weight/reps ever couple weeks or so. If you don't change your workout your body just adjusts and stops growing so always change it up.

Hey buddy @ptldM3 ,

Thanks for the recommendation ! I've been swimming a lot and usually my workout schedule entails a 40-50 minute swim at the pool in my local gym. Then afterwards I do 5 sets, 12 reps on calf raisers , and squats of about 150 lbs.

My legs look great, no problem with abs , I just want to focus now in building up my pecs, shoulders and arms. I'll try your technique but I'll start off light and slowly increase it.

You know it's summer time...wanna look good by the time I head on to the beach ...LOL.

Hey buddy @ptldM3 ,

Thanks for the recommendation ! I've been swimming a lot and usually my workout schedule entails a 40-50 minute swim at the pool in my local gym. Then afterwards I do 5 sets, 12 reps on calf raisers , and squats of about 150 lbs.

My legs look great, no problem with abs , I just want to focus now in building up my pecs, shoulders and arms. I'll try your technique but I'll start off light and slowly increase it.

You know it's summer time...wanna look good by the time I head on to the beach ...LOL.

If you do use my technique start with lower sets and built your sets up gradually over time. Don't push yourself too hard in the beginning otherwise you will max out and hit a road block to where you can't increase sets or reps resulting in no growth. Start a like 3 sets and lower reps and work your way up, once you increase both sets or reps your body will be forced to grown extra muscle because it will not adapt to the change.

Everyone is different to what works for them but in a matter of about 4 months my chest got freakishly large, my arms got big too but it was the chest that really grew. I also only worked out each body part about once every 5-6 days. A lot of people over train and they do not let their body recover so they never really get big.

Also, If you can do more then 12 reps you are not lifting heavy enough. Doing less reps that are heavier generally will give better results then doing more reps that are light. Also give your muscles plenty of rest to recover (i would not recommend training the same muscle more then 2 times a week). This is all my personal experience from trial and error, most body builders will tell you something pretty similar.

If you do use my technique start with lower sets and built your sets up gradually over time. Don't push yourself too hard in the beginning otherwise you will max out and hit a road block to where you can't increase sets or reps resulting in no growth. Start a like 3 sets and lower reps and work your way up, once you increase both sets or reps your body will be forced to grown extra muscle because it will not adapt to the change.

Everyone is different to what works for them but in a matter of about 4 months my chest got freakishly large, my arms got big too but it was the chest that really grew. I also only worked out each body part about once every 5-6 days. A lot of people over train and they do not let their body recover so they never really get big.

Also, If you can do more then 12 reps you are not lifting heavy enough. Doing less reps that are heavier generally will give better results then doing more reps that are light. Also give your muscles plenty of rest to recover (i would not recommend training the same muscle more then 2 times a week). This is all my personal experience from trial and error, most body builders will tell you something pretty similar.

Thanks buddy! Really appreciate that! Do you recommend a certain type of diet?

I ate a lot of Tuna and beans, yes beans, it has a lot of protein, other then that i had protein shakes, yogurt, peanut butter and cottage cheese.

once youve warmed up and are familiar with exercises-- lift heavy so that you can barely go till 8 reps for chest

if still chest isnt developing in a month or two, your triceps are the weak link or you are using more deltoids while bench pressing

diet depends on goals -- net caloric deficit / excess
protein in gms needed/ day is atleast 1 gram/kg body wt [present body weight or target body wt] .. can go upto 1 gram/ pound body wt if you follow some commercial magazines

I´m natural. Otherwise i could not compete at natural conests. So don´t be moronic. If i would use steroids i would be much bulkier. Just because you have shitty genetics based on your heritage doesn´t mean others suffer same sad fate.

Great work if you have builder that yourself without using steroids,truly inspiring for a skinny lad like me

once youve warmed up and are familiar with exercises-- lift heavy so that you can barely go till 8 reps for chest

if still chest isnt developing in a month or two, your triceps are the weak link or you are using more deltoids while bench pressing

diet depends on goals -- net caloric deficit / excess
protein in gms needed/ day is atleast 1 gram/kg body wt [present body weight or target body wt] .. can go upto 1 gram/ pound body wt if you follow some commercial magazines

Thanks Sir! This summer will be the first time I start upper body work out , for a while I was focused on toning, but now I want to increase size. I'll try the regimen you recommended, first need to get used to the upper body workout. I just bought one of those whey protein shakes, hopefully this can supplement the protein intake you recommend.

It took you about 4 months? Well, i'm not trying to make my chest that large, i just want to gain anywhere between 25-30 lbs in muscle mass. Anyways, this is what I'm starting with. I don't really have to work on abs, im pretty well defined in the abdominopelvic area. Just the shoulders, arms and pecs....

I was even thinking about enrolling for the INSANITY workout at my local gym...

workout.selfie.body.jpg

Back
Top Bottom