What's new

The Formula1 in India

Lol.. they need to Breathalyze him before he gets into his car. Did you check Hamilton yesterday when he lost his marbles & was trying to pit at McLaren pit garage?:lol:

Yep real shame, they say it cost him 5-6 seconds and that means he could have come out in 2nd. But given that he was fuel saving from very early on it's unlikely he would have finished 2nd (in fact he did get 2nd but Vettal took him). I rember Button did that a few years back too, then it was the RBR pits IIRC. Craziest stuff from yesterday was Webber vs Vettel and especially after the race and on the podium, massive LOL!

Btw do you watch on Sky or BBC?

Yep real shame, they say it cost him 5-6 seconds and that means he could have come out in 2nd. But given that he was fuel saving from very early on it's unlikely he would have finished 2nd (in fact he did get 2nd but Vettal took him). I rember Button did that a few years back too, then it was the RBR pits IIRC. Craziest stuff from yesterday was Webber vs Vettel and especially after the race and on the podium, massive LOL!

Vettel & Webber thing was real shame. They should rather do away with the team instructions & let the drivers race.

I watched it in SKY as BBC wasn't showing it live. & also... it's not the same anymore with BBC without Eddie Jordan & Jake Humphrey. Eddie was good..

May be he is soo used to that pit garage that he forgot he changed the team already...... Yest according to me it was one of the funniest grand prix.... All the 3 podium finishers were upset..... which you may see rarely.... even hamilton was apologetic to nico.....

Yest pit stops were full of fun.... Hamilton into mclaren garage..... Button pushed back to pits for changing his tyre.... force india cars wheel nut issue... both of them in queue for tyre change... and then accident in pits ( i dont remember the cars)

More over yest there were 2 teams in similar situation in front.... the only difference is 1 obeyed the team order and the other didnt....

May be he is soo used to that pit garage that he forgot he changed the team already...... Yest according to me it was one of the funniest grand prix.... All the 3 podium finishers were upset..... which you may see rarely.... even hamilton was apologetic to nico.....

Yest pit stops were full of fun.... Hamilton into mclaren garage..... Button pushed back to pits for changing his tyre.... force india cars wheel nut issue... both of them in queue for tyre change... and then accident in pits ( i dont remember the cars)

More over yest there were 2 teams in similar situation in front.... the only difference is 1 obeyed the team order and the other didnt....

Both Webber & Vettel had this run ins even in the past. & Webber was always made to act as second fiddle to Vettel by the team management. & he has obeyed their orders, ofcouse at times with quite a bit of frustration. But with Hamilton... it was other way around. He was told to act as second fiddle to Alonso in his debut season for McLaren & was not happy at all to do so. Ultimately Alonso decided to leave McLaren as Hamilton wasn't willing to compromise. At times.. it's really frustrating for drivers hold back & let someone else win.
That's why I think they should let the drivers race & decide the positions at race track rather than team garage. Afterall it's suppose to be competitive racing...

Yes it was a good race.

Force India with a double retirement after that first pit-stop that put their cars to the back of the grid was just awful for them espcially after showing such promise last week and in FP1,2,3 and Qualy (Sutil mainly, PDR is a mediocre driver).

the pit stop crash was between a STR (Verne I think) and a Caterham (I think Van Der Garde).

Both Webber & Vettel had this run ins even in the past. & Webber was always made to act as second fiddle to Vettel by the team management. & he has obeyed their orders, ofcouse at times with quite a bit of frustration. But with Hamilton... it was other way around. He was told to act as second fiddle to Alonso in his debut season for McLaren & was not happy at all to do so. Ultimately Alonso decided to leave McLaren as Hamilton wasn't willing to compromise. At times.. it's really frustrating for drivers hold back & let someone else win.
That's why I think they should let the drivers race & decide the positions at race track rather than team garage. Afterall it's suppose to be competitive racing...

Vettel & Webber thing was real shame. They should rather do away with the team instructions & let the drivers race.
nah I think it is good they have made team orders legal as when it was outlawed it still happened but it was just done more tactfully, we all remember the infamous "Fernado is faster than you" radio call to Massa a few years back. Now it is legal we can hear the hilarious pit calls, Rosberg begging to be allowed to pass Hamilton was great comedy and then when Vettel was told to back off but went for it led to all the drama post-race which was fun to watch.

Also let's not forget that this is a team sport and it is teams who have millions riding on results so they have every right to ask certain things of their drivers so team orders have their place for sure.

Indian Team @ BIC

401236_445379668870953_1329948984_n.jpg

1) Bike costing in lacs, rather one of the rarest bike....
2) 'Mesh' jacket in a place where it was 'so-called' mandatory to wear leathers...
3) LS2 Helmet that too the lightest one which can't withstand 100+speed , expected a better helmet for the person who can spend lacs on bike(s)...

Its trues. if you are in India/Pakistan, if you are a politician or a cricket player, you have the right to do anything and no one could point you out.

1) Bike costing in lacs, rather one of the rarest bike....
2) 'Mesh' jacket in a place where it was 'so-called' mandatory to wear leathers...
3) LS2 Helmet that too the lightest one which can't withstand 100+speed , expected a better helmet for the person who can spend lacs on bike(s)...

Its trues. if you are in India/Pakistan, if you are a politician or a cricket player, you have the right to do anything and no one could point you out.

I think He is wearing enough protection for Indian celebrity standard. I guess its more like demo ride than full track session. It must be first time dhonis hellcat clocked past 100+ in India.

^^^ surprise.. surprise. What else it could be? Bernie Ecclestone should have known this before bringing the sport to India. There are too many scavengers around...

Back
Top Bottom