What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

^these are like toys... they can be made available for squad level units during operations.... for providing situational avareness around remote outposts tactical UAVs, preferably catapult-launched ones like karayel are necessary.
a-nighthawk-haztrain-operator-0354.jpg

Nighthawk IV UAV Granted FAA Certification | ARA Force Protection

We need a couple bayraktar and Malazgirirt at every kalekol. The mortars at the base would be enough to handle any situation with the intel they get with the uav's. Plus with the night vision cameras we have installed at the kalekols the PKK will not be able to attack effectively.

In base defence these things will be useless, i'm telling you.

PKK attacks in bad weather conditions to avoid Attack Helikopter reinforcement. A UAV will be useless in the same weather condition.

Also they even aviod thermal cams, by holding an umbrella in front of them. (yeah, it's that simple.). And they hit 20-30 men occupied bases with 200-300 Terrorists.

If you stay static you are dead it's simple as that.

In base defence these things will be useless, i'm telling you.

PKK attacks in bad weather conditions to avoid Attack Helikopter reinforcement. A UAV will be useless in the same weather condition.

Also they even aviod thermal cams, by holding an umbrella in front of them. (yeah, it's that simple.). And they hit 20-30 men occupied bases with 200-300 Terrorists.

If you stay static you are dead it's simple as that.
The small bases are useless but the large bases are okay because you have to have a place to keep your soldiers or else you cant control an area.

The small bases are useless but the large bases are okay because you have to have a place to keep your soldiers or else you cant control an area.

They even attack some bigger bases, there are lot's of problems with the bases. Mate, i advice you to read Osman Pamukoğlu's " Unutulanlar Dışında Yeni Bir şey yok" book.

10171061_10152453801460992_5619432620282691061_n.jpg

It tells you about bases,operations, tactics used by PKK, tactics used by Army, effectiveness of weapon systems, etc... Really a good source.

Last edited by a moderator:
These Gecekondu like bases are absolutely have to go, but of course there should be high tech bases in critical locations(Kalekols) with , in this age area control cannot be safely done by constant patrolling on foot either, we need constant moniroting wit uavs and night visions and then point shot, there is no need to put the soldiers life on stake during patrolling.

I thought ANKA could operate in bad weather? We need armed ANKA.

I thought ANKA could operate in bad weather? We need armed ANKA.

Mate, let's say ANKAs saw them near the base.. what are you going to do.

Look at the above video. First they came in bad weather (foggy in the video). You can't call for cobras or reinforcenments by Choppers.

Secondly, displacement of the most of the bases are terrible. They have been established in the valley to counter smuggling.

Terrorists attack with heavy machine guns, AA guns, RPGs, mortars. and they have the height advantage. You can't hit them with artillery or mortars. If they had come so close, there is nothing much to do.

Look at the above video. First they came in bad weather (foggy in the video). You can't call for cobras or reinforcenments by Choppers.

Secondly, displacement of the most of the bases are terrible. They have been established in the valley to counter smuggling.

Terrorists attack with heavy machine guns, aa guns, RPG's mortars. and they have the height advantage. You can't hit them with artillery or mortars. If they had come so close, there is nothing much to do.
So what do you do? I get understand out and hunting them down but you have to have a base somewhere.

Also the base in the video is retarded. Im thinking about having a few large bases from where operations are launched and some medium sized kalekols located in straegic areas.

Terrorists attack with heavy machine guns, AA guns, RPGs, mortars. and they have the height advantage. You can't hit them with artillery or mortars. If they had come so close, there is nothing much to do.
What can an armed ANKA do? They can fire rockets. Also like Kaan said, having 24/7 ANKA in the air can give us early warning system and prepare.

You are right we have disadvantage but that is what you get if you sit down and wait for them to attack. They have element of surprise. Like Pamukoglu says, we need to have element of surprise but for that we need to invade Iraq.

During US invasion of Iraq, they offered us bufferzone in Iraq. I still don't understand why we didn't accept that offer.

So what do you do? I get understand out and hunting them down but you have to have a base somewhere.

First thing you have to do is put the pressure on the them non-stop operations in PKK bases, they won't find time to hit our bases.

Second thing is not to stay in bases, soldiers need to set up daily camps in the "hakim tepelerde" so they can ambush incoming terrorists on the run.

Also, you can use ANKAs to detect incoming terrorists, so you can setup ambush.

But if you do nothing and stay in your base..... there is not much thing that you can do.

First thing you have to do is put the pressure on the them non-stop operations in PKK bases, they won't find time to hit our bases.

Second thing is not to stay in bases, soldiers need to set up daily camps in the "hakim tepelerde" so they can ambush incoming terrorists on the run.

Also, you can use ANKAs to detect incoming terrorists, so you can setup ambush.

But if you do nothing and stay in your base..... there is not much thing that you can do.
Thats what im thinking. Ambush the terrorists by camping out all the time. We live in caves just like they do then once in a while the troops get helicoptered out to a large base where they can take a break and other soldiers replace them. But I still think you need some kale kols here and there in areas that have larger populations.

What can an armed ANKA do? They can fire rockets. Also like Kaan said, having 24/7 ANKA in the air can give us early warning system and prepare.

You are right we have disadvantage but that is what you get if you sit down and wait for them to attack. They have element of surprise. Like Pamukoglu says, we need to have element of surprise but for that we need to invade Iraq.

During US invasion of Iraq, they offered us bufferzone in Iraq. I still don't understand why we didn't accept that offer.
They would mainly provide intellegence so that we can hit them with artillery and f-16's.

And nobody's against him...

Iraqi state is far too unstable to trust. Not only you've never stepped in on PKK, you've protested and issued notes each time we've operated in northern Iraqi soil. Defending PKK was against your interests but you did it anyway.

To be honest I think Iraq is almost as unstable as Syria and selling weapons so you could start killing each other 10 years later with our weapons wouldn't be moral.

I don't want to ruin this thread up by starting a long discussion on this though I can explain the situation of the 90's & northern no fly zone that forced a halt on operations in the north against PKK after 1991 which is why after 1991 the PKK got so active in Turkey in a different thread if needed.

Let's return to Altay topic.

Back
Top Bottom