What's new

The extremist majority

Pakistan needs a change of government, pakistanis should elect Imran khan as PM, he would definately lift the country up.

A change in goverment doesn't mean anything . It does not change the mindset of Pakistani's . What Pakistan needs now , is a social revolution

A change in goverment doesn't mean anything . It does not change the mindset of Pakistani's . What Pakistan needs now , is a social revolution

I think the actual limitation is that there is no such person in Pakistan upon whom majority of Pakistanis can trust blindly.

Thank you for posting these articles. I see that the "Pakistani" reaction is immediate denial. I know that "American Eagle" is in no way you, "Dance". To make such suggestions shows the inability of those who support intolerance in Pakistani society to make any intelligent defense. Dance, your position of dissent is a very lonely one, I fear. I am thankful to you for your personal courage, but very, very sad, indeed, for Pakistan. Pakistan Zindabad! is a great slogan. BUT, only if it is a Pakistan for all of its citizens, without fear or favor.
To say we are an extremist majority would be wrong... The majority holds extremists views on certain things and on other things it just doesn't come up in day to day life to reform.

In Pakistan no one wants a Mullah take over, but they want Shariah. They want the perfect Shariah, where everyone suddenly becomes so moral that they don't have to be forced into a moral code and so there is no oppression...

This desire is so utopian and is there in every Pakistani. They wrongly put pen to paper and say they want Shariah. They want perfect where the society is free to do what it wants, and the society only wants to do certain things. :D

Otherwise they want there to be freedoms, tolerance and all that is nice... As long as it is never put to the test.

Good article by Dawn as usual. However the most apalling thing is that even some of the educated lot does not believe in the importance of removing the extremist mentality from the average Pakistani. In the last 60+ years of our co-existence, one thing we all should have realized clearly that it (extremism) is a snake which will eventually bite back in our own behind (read as$)..

you cant take things out of wider context, there are many factors involved and at play in pakistan.

we need to stop looking at pakistan through washingtons eyes.

yes the zealots are a problem, but so are the drones.

pakistan needs to evolve at its own pace, its the countries national right to do so, we should come up with our solutions, not allow outsiders to tell us whats most important.

Back
Top Bottom