What's new

The Diaspora’s Duty

well put .. two :tup::tup: to the writer ... yes Diaspora’s community is the most vocal supporter of military and fundo bigotry .. the same being minorities are enjoying all freedom in the west , yet they support the anti minority med evil blasphemy laws in Pakistan.. these people have little or zero knowledge about the ground realities yet they talk like an expert .. bunch of Hippocrates i should say .. infact i will rather call them DIAPER community

Haha muppet you don't know what you are talking about, if it wasn't for the DIAPER community Pakistan would be in a worse position than it is now. We send billions in remittances that keeps the forex coffers at decent levels. We know the ground realities (in fact we probably know more than you), heck i visit every year for a few months. You are trying to portray the diaspora as lesser Pakistanis.

Why do we support military because they have shown time and time again that they are better than the civilian leadership various statistics prove this, each and every time civilians are in power their tongues leap out of their mouths and can't stop watering like a KUTHA all for money $$. chi ching is all they see so do you blame us for supporting the military (before you arguing military is also corrupt, yes they are but they are to a lesser degree than the dogs in power and lay their lives on the line for our homeland).

Coming to blasphemy laws, yes they require reform but majority of cases that use the blasphemy law have some truth in it. As the saying goes do the crime, do the time.

Don't dare call us hypocrites, calling us DIAPER community could be appropriate as i would love to sh1t on your face so no need for a diaper.

Okay, fine. Then why experiment with democracy at all? Let the khakis remain in permanent power then. Of course, that doesn't work either, does it? So what is left? A Islamic Caliphate? Or perhaps something else?

I never denied the virtues of democracy; I question the legitimacy of the term in the context of Pakistan's feudal-controlled citizenry. What we have in Pakistan is a dynastic feudal system -- two families -- playing musical chairs in the guise of democracy. Any legitimate challenger is immediately dismissed as a military stooge. The original article sings from the typical liberal fascist songbook:

Thus, they are holding fundraisers and showing public support for ex-dictator Musharraf and military-approved Imran Khan.

Yes, democracy is good but even good things must happen in the right context. Running is good for you, but not if you have a broken ankle. Democracy is good, but not when large groups of citizens are in indentured servitude to their feudal lords. Until the scourge of feudalism is removed (by military force, if need be), any pretense of democracy is a sham. As much as I respect and support Imran Khan, my gut feeling is that his administration will be hijacked and neutralized by the entrenched interests. Imran Khan is the last hope for democracy in Pakistan; if he fails or loses people's respect, things will get ugly.

True patriotism lies in identifying the roadblocks to true democracy and working for their removal. Blindly parroting simplistic slogans is rarely conducive to problem solving.

My loyalty and compassion lies with Pakistan, not with abstract labels or slogans. To me, Pakistan is the ordinary citizen in the cities and villages. Any government that does not respect their rights or work for their interests has no legitimacy, regardless of the label attached to them. Given the reality of indentured servitude in the feudal-dominated system and the fact that the government is a collection of the worst scofflaws, it is naive to perpetuate these criminals who have failed Pakistan for 60 years.

The current regime openly defies the Supreme Court. What kind of democracy is it that ignores the rule of law? What example does that set for the rest of the country? On what planet is this 'democracy' worthy of respect or protection?

How many articles has DAWN published highlighting the civilian deaths of drone attacks, or the people killed in feudal jails? Like I wrote, nobody is giving a pass to the army and we demand due process for all suspects.

The article is useful more for highlighting DAWN's bias and agenda than anything else.

Pakistan in the 21st century has a 7th century mindset for governance

A medieval feudal power structure masquerading as 'democracy' has no place in the 21st century. People who support this charade are gullible at best, and dangerous at worst.

Can implementing the rule that no person serves for more than two terms in Pakistan help the Nation?

The politicians will never pass such a law, or work around it. Like I wrote, the Pakistani 'democracy' is a musical chairs drama of feudal dynasties. There will always be enough family members to perpetuate the dynasty rule by manipulating the system.

...................... Until the scourge of feudalism is removed (by military force, if need be), any pretense of democracy is a sham............................

Of all the statements in your post, this one is perhaps the most important.

Of course, it begs the question as to why has the military has never attempted to destroy the feudal system the many times it has had absolute power to do so? The obvious answer is that it does not want any substantial changes to that system either!

Of all the statements in your post, this one is perhaps the most important.

Of course, it begs the question as to why has the military has never attempted to destroy the feudal system the many times it has had absolute power to do so? The obvious answer is that it does not want any substantial changes to that system either!

Yes, and I have made it clear that this is my biggest gripe with the military. As the only institution in Pakistan strong enough to take on the feudals, the military has failed Pakistan.

The proper way to dispose of the feudals would be with legal manipulations: gross tax evasion, widespread employee mistreatment, etc., but the actions would need tacit military support in case of the expected rabble rousing by the feudals.

Yes, and I have made it clear that this is my biggest gripe with the military. As the only institution in Pakistan strong enough to take on the feudals, the military has failed Pakistan.

The proper way to dispose of the feudals would be with legal manipulations: gross tax evasion, widespread employee mistreatment, etc., but the actions would need tacit military support in case of the expected rabble rousing by the feudals.

Yes, and that is why the military is part of the problem as much as any of the several other heads of the Hydra that ensnares the people of Pakistan.

To cloak the failures of the military in patriotism is just as bad as hiding the corruption of the civilian setup under the garb of democracy.

Yes, and that is why the military is part of the problem as much as any of the several other heads of the Hydra that ensnares the people of Pakistan.

To cloak the failures of the military in patriotism is just as bad as hiding the corruption of the civilian setup under the garb of democracy.

The way I see it, the military will stay in check if the civilian government performs. Until now, the military was seen as the only viable alternative to the misperforming feudals. With Imran Khan, there is finally a democratic alternative and he is far more popular amongst the diaspora than Musharraf is.

The feudals always throw tantrums about 'democracy under threat' whenever they are called to task, and the Pakistani media, like media everywhere, is highly partisan. That is why I was amused when the original article -- ostensibly in defence of "democracy" v/s military dictatorship -- exposed itself as typical liberal fascist propaganda tripe when they tried to smear Imran Khan as "military approved".

We the evil Indian love to leave you alone and move ahead....But you know the problem is that pakistan want to reclaim part of herself...So how can we leave you alone???...

There, corrected for you.

The way I see it, the military will stay in check if the civilian government performs. Until now, the military was seen as the only viable alternative to the misperforming feudals. With Imran Khan, there is finally a democratic alternative and he is far more popular amongst the diaspora than Musharraf is.

The feudals always throw tantrums about 'democracy under threat' whenever they are called to task, and the Pakistani media, like media everywhere, is highly partisan. That is why I was amused when the original article -- ostensibly in defence of "democracy" v/s military dictatorship -- exposed itself as typical liberal fascist propaganda tripe when they tried to smear Imran Khan as "military approved".

Regardless of whether one views IK as having the stamp of approval from the military or not, it would seems that changing yet another figurehead is, once again, not going to be sufficient to make any substantive changes to the system.

Making another change in government either by a frank coup or coup by proxy either by arm twisting the Supreme Court to depose the present setup or the government to hold early elections, will not change the fact that following famous definition of insanity applies here very well:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

When Musharraf took action against Bugti, all of you cried foul. Pakistani nation is full of hypocrites. :no:

Maybe the Pakistani Diaspora from Europe, USA, Canada should return and Aid Pakistan in it's hour of need with their skills they have acquired

Regardless of whether one views IK as having the stamp of approval from the military or not, it would seems that changing yet another figurehead is, once again, not going to be sufficient to make any substantive changes to the system.

Making another change in government either by a frank coup or coup by proxy either by arm twisting the Supreme Court to depose the present setup or the government to hold early elections, will not change the fact that following famous definition of insanity applies here very well:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

So let me get this straight:

When ordinary citizens oppose the feudals, they are Islamist "terrists" brainwashed by the mullahs.

When Imran Khan opposes the feudals, he is a "military-approved figurehead".

When the Supreme Court opposes the feudals, it is being "arm twisted" by the military.

And the poor. misunderstood feudal "defenders of democracy" and their apologists are valiantly standing up to all these evil conspiracies.

OK, then. I think we're done here.

So let me get this straight:

When ordinary citizens oppose the feudals, they are Islamist "terrists" brainwashed by the mullahs.

When Imran Khan opposes the feudals, he is a "military-approved figurehead".

When the Supreme Court opposes the feudals, it is being "arm twisted" by the military.

And the poor. misunderstood feudal "defenders of democracy" and their apologists are valiantly standing up to all these evil conspiracies.

OK, then. I think we're done here.

Sure. To me it doesn't matter.

The futility of any change is borne out amply by the end results. Look at the situation in Pakistan; that speaks for itself, as will the coming developments.

Why don't you worry about American being poor or are you just another Hindu Indian hiding behind US flags?

Back
Top Bottom