What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

So it's obvious, if Pakistani and Indian punjabis be friendly that's a BAD thing, according to Indians.

The same that is common between an irish and english folk who want to be part of UK.

u running away from the point ...... why cant u explain in context of what i am asking u

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Being INDIAN!!!

That is like putting cart before the horse

but then what about the people with whom we have so much in common.....
Well then you should have tried harder to stop the partition so that you would have lived with your 'common' folks.
Or else, encouraged many way partition, so that each state would have been on its own, a country.
I am sure you have read history and how the union of pakistan and union of India came into being.

Soon after Muslims in Amritsar (muslims were about 40-50% of population before partition) went rioting, a mob tried to attack Golden Temple and were repulsed with a pitched battle fought between handful of Sikhs under Jathedar Udham Singh Nagoke. Same day muslims of Sharifpura (a suburb of Amristar), stopped a train full of refugees from Pakistan for slaughter. After this incident, Sikhs and Hindus in Amritsar were furious and many innocent muslims had to bear the fury of anger. Soon after Amritsar was empty of Muslims. While total number of casualties were about same on both sides, about 100-150 million refugees were exchanged between both countries. There were large number of atrocities inflicted on women, many were abducted and raped. In village Thoh Khalsa (now in Pakistan), 1000 Sikh and Hindu women jumped into well to save their honor after their menfolks were killed by Muslim mobs. It is estimated that about 1 million Hindus/Sikhs/Muslims were murdered and 10-50 millions were injured. Property lost was in trillion of dollars. Sikh leadership opted for India and millions of Sikhs migrated to East Punjab and Delhi.

Your post is full of so many inaccuracies and neither did you provide the link to the source from where you got this info from.

Irrelevant. Country 1st. We are Indian 1st. I am also Punjabi and fortunately, majority of Punjabi may be 95% or even more (Hindus/Sikhs) don't think like you. May be your parents/grand-parents went to Canada many decades back otherwise you won't say such thing. I find many things common with Assamese rather than any Pakistani Punjabi. Indeed, I have few friends who are from Guwahati. Everything is common with him.

Many indian Punjabi's are Punjabi nationalists, it is understandable their religious, ethnic, linguistic roots are in Pakistani Punjab.

You are beating around the wrong bush dear. Even the Pakistanis claim they are nothing like Indians. Even the Punjabis and Sindhis. Just ask urself what's important for people in Pak religion or ethnicity. They don't care a damn about Sikh and Hindu Punjabis.

we have nothing in common
That's why thousands of Hindus visits Gurudwaras and in many families Elder brother is Sikh and the younger one Hindu. I can see there is nothing in common..

Back
Top Bottom